Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Niti DesaiYour feedback matters!
A) whether stem cell treatment is available to give permanent cure for diabetics? b) some one says sugar plant's leaf is good for diabetic control. How far it is correct?
Dear sir/madam I want to loose my body weight below 55 and wanna look fit, my waist and shoulders are the most heavy part of my body please suggest me to what I should I do?
I am suffering from my weight which too much less than standard weight. So I want some weight gain so please suggest me that what will have to do. Why is it happen?
I m 38 year old male, I m loosing weight slowly. I have lost 7 kg since last 2 years. Currently my weight is 45 kg. What should I do to regain my weight around 60kg?
I am 36 years old and gets a cute muscle pain when I start a new exercise and my stamina is very low. What should I do?
Being a diabetic patient, how to improve the metabolic structure of body. My flesh all gone. What type of additional food I have to take to improve the metabolism. I want to become slightly fat look.
If somebody intake spider in food by mistake. Then what he should do to avoid adverse effects like skin and stomach problems, generated in future.
Lft report was. Bulburin was 5.6 and now ots 0.4. Ogpt and ogat was 2300 and 2700 and now ots 35 and 37. So now can I start the supplement proteins.
I am putting on lots of weight even after eating 4 times a day and doing 1 hr yoga. My thyroid is normal still I feel hungry whole day.
Doing everything right can still make you gain weight. Irrespective of your diligent efforts, that paunch comes in the way of your crunches. Reviewing your exercise routine, diet and overall lifestyle may have no effect on the extra kilos. The reaction to such stagnation could be as many as the conspiring causes. Backpedaling into an unhealthy way of life is what cowards choose to do. The ideal way of approaching the problem is to find out the specific factors leading to excess weight.
These few factors can make you gain weight
1. Sleep deprivation results in significant bloating: You may not be aware, but a full night’s sleep is indeed necessary. When a person rests, the human body carries on with repair work. Sleep helps your body to get rid of excess adipose tissues. A person who has not slept for two to three days at a stretch or has only slept insufficiently is likely to look fatter or bloated.
2. Being perpetually depressed could be the curse: Depression can lead to extreme ends; you may either gain a lot of weight or may even lose weight drastically. If your depression is at an advanced stage a medical practitioner will prescribe you with antidepressants. Antidepressants tend to fatten you up.
3. An irritable or slow bowel syndrome can prove to be adverse: If you suffer from problems related to the bowel your tummy might show. A patient of irritable or slow bowel syndrome feels bloated throughout the day. Since they face digestive problems, their bellies protrude.
4. The gray streaks of hair could be a reason: Gaining weight could also be the result of your age. If you are above thirty-five your metabolism decreases; this results in slower breakdown of food. Exercising can help, but it usually shows meager results once you have attained forty.
5. Nutrient deficiency should not be taken lightly: Being deficient in certain nutrients can also make you overweight. Vitamin C, folic acid and potassium are some of the nutrients that actively contribute to a person’s body weight. A lack of these nutrients can make you fat.
6. Edema could be the underlying cause: Edema refers to a condition where a person’s body retains water. Certain parts and joints become swollen. There are medications that can help push excess water out of the body through frequent urination. If not taken care of, edema could be the reason behind weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.