Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Niti Desai
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Niti DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hi am traveling 30 to 60 kms per day so when I get to home I become tied so please suggest any drink like (natural one) or food.
Whether you eat to live or live to eat, everyone suffers from a gastrointestinal tract infection at some point or the other. This can range from acidity and mild indigestion to diarrhoea and stomach ulcers. Digestive problems can make day to day life uncomfortable and in some cases become embarrassing as well. Thankfully, most gastrointestinal tract infections can be treated and cured easily.
Stomach and digestive problems spare no person. At times, the stomach disorder is of a short duration and at other times longer. Both stomach and digestive problems indicate that there is something inherently out of order and the body needs immediate help. The discomfort that accompanies stomach and digestive problems can hinder life’s activities and become an embarrassment too. Homeopathy has a cure for both stomach and digestive problems. The natural Homeopathic remedies for stomach and digestive problems are not only of great help in getting rid of stomach problems but also eliminate the root cause of the digestive disorders. The Homeopathic treatment is completely safe with zero side effects and proves to be of immense benefit in the long run.
When it comes to such infections, homeopathy is a form of medicine that is preferred by many. This is because it has negligible side effects and can be prescribed for children and adults alike. Homeopathy treats not only the physical symptoms exhibited by the patient but his or her overall physical, mental and emotional health. Some homeopathic remedies used to treat digestion problems are:
Nux Vomica- This is considered the ‘go to’ remedy for almost all stomach problems. It can be used to treat heartburn, constipation, indigestion etc. It also relieves bloating and a sense of fullness after eating a heavy meal.
Pulsatilla- This homeopathic remedy can be used to deal with the gastric trouble that results from excessive consumption of fatty foods and for the treatment of loose stools. Most people who benefit from this medicine showcase an absence of thirst.
China- China helps relieve bloating caused by excessive gas in the abdomen. This bloating may also be accompanied by severe abdominal pain. Diarrhoea that is a result of eating fruits and that causes extreme weakness can also be treated with China. China can also be used to treat loose stools that are accompanied by blood.
Arsenic Album- Gastric troubles caused by food poisoning can be treated with Arsenic Album. Some of the problems it addresses are nausea, vomiting, stomach aches and loose stools. In such cases, the patient may also complain that the discomfort worsens on eating or drinking anything and may experience a burning sensation in the stomach.
Lycopodium- Homeopathic medicine for stomach feeling full after eating very little. Sometimes a person may feel full even though he or she has eaten very little. Lycopodium is the ideal remedy for this problem. It is also used to treat acidity caused by the intake of starchy food and gas in the stomach that causes burping.
- Ipecac- This homeopathic remedy can be used to treat persistent nausea or simply an extremely nauseating feeling. This nausea may or may not be accompanied by other gastric complaints.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 5 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am doing exercise for more than month now (3-4 days per week) but still I am not able to loose weight in fact it's the same as last month not even reducing in grams. I am taking low calories diet. Also I am feeling I am putting face fat and double is visible more what could be the reason for it.
Epidermolysis bullosa simplex is a genetic disorder that results in the skin turning fragile and blister prone. Any small injury or friction created due to rubbing of the skin might lead to blister formation. In some cases, blisters may occur inside the mouth and on the cheeks. Normally, the cause of the disease is linked to defective genes.The condition is usually inherited and the symptoms start flaring in childhood. In some cases, the symptoms start during the early twenties.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Deformities in the nails of the toes and fingers.
- Blisters in the internal organs such as esophagus and vocal chords.
- Formation of blisters on the skin of the feet and the hands.
- Hair loss and scarring of the scalp.
- Thickening of the skin on the palms and soles of the feet.
- Formation of white skin bumps on the skin.
- You may experience various dental problems such as tooth decay.
- You may have problems in swallowing food.
Epidermolysis bullosa can be classified into:
- Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa that usually develops during birth. The condition is characterized by hoarse and unusual crying sounds and scarring in the vocal chords. The genes that attach the epidermis to the basement become defective and thus, cause blister formation.
- Kindler Syndrome: This type is characterized by blister formation across all layers of the skin, but its symptoms tend to disappear with time. This condition is known to cause discoloration of the skin when exposed to the sun.
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is caused by a defect in the gene that causes problems in collagen formation. This results in complications as the skin doesn't join properly.
This disease may cause various complications such as sepsis, skin infection, anemia, constipation and dehydration. An infant, who has a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa, may not be able to survive due to widespread blistering and infections that may drain all the body fluids out drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.