Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I had posted a question two days back and this is in continuation History is LMP 9th April, usual cycle 26 days, last and only sex this moth 22 April with condom but as I felt condom leaked took I pill ECP on 23 (in 26 or 27 hrs after the episode), HPT negative and I got Beta HCG yesterday and the level is less than one But I have not started my menses even today, please guide can I be pregnant.
Hello sir I and my bf were messing around lst thursday and we did not have a intercourse but it might be that his pre cum might got rubbed in the lips of my vagina. And today 10/9/2016 I got my periods which came pretty early and its original date was on 26th last month. Am I pregnant? I am worried Please reply fast .thank you doctor.
I'm 38 weeks pregnant, and I'm 24 years old with no medical history, my doctor is telling me that head of baby is not engaged in primigravida. I have been active and also take walk regularly. My due date is 16 March, but doctor told that we cannot wait till 40th week as baby will do toilet in stomach, so she told we shall induce labour till 11th March. Suggest any measures and reason for it.
I am newly married and I use condom for birth control purpose. But my wife said the lubricant used in the condom is create problem for her later for having pregnancy. really is there any problem in condoms and I used manforce strawberry flavoured condom. Please advise.
Mera miscarge ho gya tha. Last year or ab hum thoda or tym lena chahte h baby k liye isme koi problem to nhi.
I feel I have prblm of white discharge which is also called likoria. please tell me d symptoms of it and precautions or solution for it. I also feel pain in my left kidney and sometime xperienc swelling on this side what is d reason.
You will perhaps be astonished to know that one anti infective local application prepared by boiling about 12-13 herbs and minerals in water and clarified butter (ghee), is as effective as any high end anti infective / anti septic medicine in modern medical science. I personally know some surgeons who have used it to heal wounds in resistant cases with success. Leaves of chameli, neem, prawal, turmeric, daruhaldi, manjishtha, cuso4 etc are used to prepare it.
This preparation when applied over a chronic wound, cleanses and heals simultaneously. Very economic, non resistant, easy to apply. This is known as jatyadi ghrit. One similar application named jatyadi tel is made in oil medium. Similar action in wounds, burns, eczema etc.
I am a 35-year old female. Sometimes, I feel scared for my future and think negatively. This happened from two years back. I am taking 0.12mg amisulpride on alternate days. Please suggest is this Ok. I am happily married and have one son.
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.
I am 28 years old I got married last year. Me and my husband trying for a baby from last 10 months and I am not getting pregnant. My weight is 78 kg. Please tell me what to do?
Hi can I use unwanted kit for 12 weeks .actually we have an intercourse from on 15 may. I have an normal period of every first month between 1 to 10th. From june I did not get my period .probably I guess I am in 10 to 12 weeks .I am very much nervous to go to hospital. Can you guide me please .
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of Not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphillis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.