Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NipaYour feedback matters!
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical Problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus Related Problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal Infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of Lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment.
Hi, meri shadi ko 4 year howe muje ABI tak bache ni hai. My 2 year se treatment le Rahi Hun bt kuch ni huwa, Dr. Aparna Deshmukh k pas usne jab mc aye gi to CCQ-50 tablet 5 days Kane boliti uske 11 days bad scanning k liye kahata. Uske bad hum Ko contact karne kahata. Bt a tritment 2 saal se Kari Hun bt kuch Fharak ni pada. Muje Abbi kya karna hai please bataiye.
My husband says he can come to bangalore once or twice in a month as his business is located in hyderabad . And I cannot move out of bore for my own reasons , We both want a kid . Can we ever plan for a kid and that turns out to be success?
सेक्स के दौरान कब गर्भ ठहर सकता है ।अगर पीरियड्स 10 वह 20 तारीख के बीच आ जाता है। हर माह regular. औरत के गर्भ मे अण्डे कब बनते है ।
She says she does not have any interest in sex in her marriage of 8 years. She says she never had any interest ever. Is that normal? She loves her husband but never interested of sex or with anyone. Is this health problem? How to improve.
I had unprotected sex with my partner. We used the withdrawal method. However, I have missed my periods by 5 days today. I have taken the pregna-strip test twice, and the results are negative. However, I am very concerned. Is there a way I can be sure whether I have become pregnant or not?
My wife having periods since last 1 month, we have 2 children, she is 32 years old, any suggestions what needs to be done
I had sex after the next day of my periods stopped and I took I pill as well and now i'm not feeling well.
Dear sexologist. Mera 4th time sex hai. Vagina sucking ke time vagina ke andar kuch pani jaise nikalta. Tha Woh pani mouth ke andar chala gaya hai. Hum dono ko koi problems hoga gaya kya . Kindly batao please.
My gf is 40 days pregnant. She took mifegest tab. Day before yesterday night she took single tab. And yesterday second two tab. But still not started bleeding. She is getting stomach pain. What is the maximum time for bleeding after taking mifegest tab?
I'm taking duoluton-L every month because I don't get regular periods. Does it contain any side effects or harm my body if I take every month?
As the world has moved and is moving towards a more sedentary lifestyle, where non sedentary jobs have become lesser, posture is something that tends to get affected a lot.
Let's look at how some of these bad body postures can affect your health in the long run:
- Increases depression and stress: Many studies have revealed that walking or sitting in a slouched or generally bad position increases the susceptibility to depression and stress. Slouching or sitting in a bad position and thus developing a bad posture will constrict the body, resulting in the poor blood flow. This may cause you to be irritable and tired and over a long time it will contribute to depression and increased stress levels.
- Bad breathing patterns: The lungs and the rib cage in your body need to be expanded fully to work at their best capacity. However, due to bad body postures, the rib cage and the lungs will be constricted and not be able to work at full capacity. This over time will build up to create long term problems with breathing as well as other resulting health problems.
- Problems with digestion: As is the case with breathing problems, when the body posture is not correct it will also affect digestion. This is so, as bad posture also affects the intestines and if they are pressured or constricted in any way, will affect the entire digestion process. Slouching may also cause you to develop a paunch or belly over time due to a combination of bad postures and digestive problems.
- Developing chronic pain in the back shoulders and neck: This is probably the most common and the most quickly noticeable problem, if you have a bad posture. Most of the population with sedentary lifestyle either currently has or has experienced this problem in their back, shoulders and neck. This is again due to constrictions of the muscles and misalignment of the various bones that support these parts. Long term misalignment could cause deformities that could spiral into problems, which are far worse.
- Headaches caused by muscle tension within the body due to bad postures: This has afflicted most of the sedentary work force all over the work, at some point of time or the other. While sitting in a bad position for a prolonged period, the tension in the muscles will build up releasing chemicals that may contribute to headaches. If these become frequent they could contribute to other health problems such as high blood pressure in the long run.
I have pain in my legs and swelling in body, suffer from thyroid and pcos, pain after running increases.What can I do?
Hello doctor, me and girlfriend had unprotected sex on the 8th day of her periods and she took ipill before 72 hrs, today its been 7 days since we had sex, but today she had slight bleeding with brown color and its looks like mucus, so she checked in internet and read about implantation, now we are very much afraid of pregnancy. Is it a sign of pregnancy?
Hi, I have read a lot regarding breastfeeding but my son who is now 1.5 years old was breast fed for 2 months only and that too partially. I had very less milk production and I tried all I could to breastfeed him. Sometimes he used to suck for 40-50 mins and still cry for more. So I switched to formula milk and after 2 months he completely gave up on breast milk. Nose congestion was also one of the reasons for that. I would like to know if I am prone to breast cancer due to this or my child is prone to low immunity due to this. I am hugely concerned as I can see he fell sick very soon. Like with every season change. I am really depressed.
Hello doc we are planning for a baby. My period has started on 6 to 9.we did intercourse 5 to 6 times but I don't remember the date, will be any chance of getting pregnant. And one more thing if I eat any heat times like dates, fish,chicken and chocolate women's Horlicks. Will be cause any problem to conceive please help out. Thank-you.
I'm 20 years old. I'm diagnosed with PCOS since the past two years. For the first one and a half year, I was prescribed medicines. After that, for the next 6 months, my period occurred regularly, without medication. Last month, my period got delayed by 5 days and this month by 15 days. The doctor prescribed me medicines to make my period happen. Usually pain doesn't occur during my period but since the past few months, pain occurs and it's very painful. Will by PCOS get cured? Will I get pregnant in future or will the PCOS will be a problem? Is sexual intercourse harmful for PCOS? What kind of diet should I follow for PCOS? Is there any particular food stuff that I should avoid? Is cycling good for PCOS?
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.