Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NipaYour feedback matters!
My sister , she is going for a holiday trip and she have her periods date in that duration. She want to stop her period for that time. She want to delay her date of periods. So what medicine she will take for this?
We are in IUI treatment. Doctor asked my wife to take susten tablet vaginally nd asked to do intercourse also. When I have to do intercourse? Before insertion of susten tablet or after taking susten tablet?
Is it harmful to do foreplay but do not do sex for health. What kind of problem can be face because of it?
2. Water: 8-10 glasses of water in a day.
3. Rest: take proper rest to rebuild energy. Take proper sleep for 6-8 hours.
4. Air: always sit for at least 10-15 minute in fresh air.
5. Exercise: regular exercise for at least half an hour per day
6. Diet: eat a balanced diet. Colourful, fresh, good quality food.
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.
Iam 28 years old. I kept first intercourse with my boy friend. After intercourse it was bleeding. Whether it leads to pregnancy. My last menstrual cycle first date is 26/12/15, duration of menstrual cycle 28 days from november to december. I had intercourse in safe period only. It will causes pregnancy or not.
What is spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
Treatment of spinal stenosis:
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the anti inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case antidepressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.
Sir my gf having irregular periods after we have started doing sex can you say any solution for regular periods.
Me and my spouse are getting ready to have a baby. Please recommend diet and multivitamin tablet for both of us. Thanks.
नमक के महत्वपूर्ण उपयोग।
वास्तुशास्त्र में नमक को बहुत महत्वपूर्ण माना जाता है। नमक के अलग-अलग इस्तेमाल से घर से नकारातमक ऊर्जा निकल जाती है और सकारात्मक ऊर्जा का संचार होता है। मानसिक शांति, सेहत, सुख-समृद्धि और पैसे के मामले में नमक की भूमिका अहम है। वास्तु के अनुसार यदि नमक का सही ढंग से इस्तेमाल किया जाए, तो एक चुटकी नमक ही काफी है दुर्भाग्य को सौभाग्य में बदलने के लिए.।
➖एक चुटकी नमक का कमाल.
यदि आप आए दिन बीमार रहते हैं। घर में परिवार के सदस्यों के बीच आए दिन झगड़े होते हैं। हर तरफ नकारात्मकता नजर आती है, तो नमक वाले पानी से पूरे घर में पोंछा लगाएं। बस पोंछे वाले पानी में एक चुटकी काला नमक मिलाएं, फिर देखें इसका कमाल। कुछ दिनों में इसका असर देखने को मिल जाएगा। यदि हर दिन संभव ने हो, तो मंगलवार को जरूर नमक को पोंछा लगाएं। इस उपाय से न सिर्फ घर की नकारात्मकता दूर होगी, घर में सकारात्मक एनर्जी आएगी। परविार के सदस्य बीमार भी नहीं पड़ते हैं। सौभाग्य के दरवाजे खुलेंगे।
➖किसमें रखें नमक.➖
आप जरा अपने घर में यह देखिए कि जिस बर्तन मतें नमक रखा जा रहा है, वह किस चीज से बना है। स्टील यानी लोहे से बने बर्तन में नमक कभी नहीं रखना चाहिए। वास्तु में ऐसी मान्यता है कि नमक को हमेशा कांच के जार में भरकर रखना चाहिए। साथ ही इसमें एक लौंग डाल दें, तो फिर सोने पे सुहागा. इससे घर में सुख-समृद्धि तो रहती ही है। पैसों की भी कभी कमी महसूस नहीं होती। धन का फ्लो बना रहता है।
➖नमक मानसिक शांति भी देता है.➖
यदि आपका मन हर बेचैन रहता है। न तो घर में मन लगता, न बाहर, ना ही ऑफिस में.आप लाख कोशिश करते हैं, फिर मानसिक शांति नहीं मिल रही होती है। ऐसी समस्या से निजात पाने के लिए नमक का उपाय रामबाण का काम करता है। इस उपाय में भी एक चुटकी नमक कमाल करता है। जी हां, नहाते समय समय पानी में एक चुटकी नमक मिला लें और उससे स्नान करें। वास्तु विशेषज्ञों की मानें, तो ऐसा करने से मानसिक बेचैनी कम हो जाती है। तन-मन हमेशा तरोताजा रहता है। आलस्य से छुटकारा मिल जाता है।
➖डॉक्टर है नमक.
यदि घर में कोई लंबे समय से बीमार चल रहा हो, तो उसके बिस्तर के पास कांच की बोतल में नमक भरकर रखें और हर महीने इसे बदल दें। वास्तु शास्त्र के मुताबिक, ऐसा करने से बीमार व्यक्ति की सेहत में काफी सुधार आ सकता है। यह उपाय तब तक करते रहें, जब तक वह व्यक्ति पूरी तरह से स्वस्थ ने हो जाए।
➖पहाड़ी नमक का कमाल.➖
कौन व्यक्ति नहीं चाहेगा कि उसके घर में हमेशा सुख-शांति बनी रहे, लेकिन हम देखते हैं कि व्यक्ति हर तरह से सम्पन्न होता है, लेकिन बावजूद इसके उसके घर में सुख आ अभाव रहता है। शांति भंग हो जाती है। असल में वास्तुदोष होने से घर में नकारात्मकता प्रवेश होता है और व्यक्ति परेशान रहता है। इससे छुटकारा पाने के लिए या वास्तुदोष खत्म करने के लिए इसमें एक नमक का उपाय बहुत कारगर साबित हो सकता है। बाजार में पहाड़ी नमक भी मिलता है। इसे लाकर अपने घर के एक कोने में रख दें। आप कुछ ही में महसूस करेंगे कि घर की सारी नकारात्मकत एनर्जी दूर हो जाएगी। परिवार के लोग खुश रहने लगेंगे। घर में सुख-शांति फैल जाएगी।
➖नमक को लेकर ये दो सावधानियां.➖
प्राचीन मान्यता है कि यदि आप नमक सीधे किसी के हथेली में रखकर देते हैं, तो इससे उस व्यक्ति के साथ आपका झगड़ा हो सकता है। इसलिए इस बात को हमेशा ध्यान रखें कि नमक कभी किसी को हाथ में न दें, बल्कि चम्मच से बर्तन के जरिए दें। इसके अलावा नमक को कभी जमीन में न गिरने दें। नमक को कभी बेकार भी मत होने दें।
My wife taking regestrone tablet from 2nd march 2016 to 21 march 2016 (for 20 days) when my wife get periods.
My boyfriend bit my nipples and pulled it. This was my first experience. Now my nipples are paining too much. What should I do.
Hello, please my menstrual is normally between 30-40 days but sometimes irregular or comes earlier. Had my last 4 periods at date as follows, Dec. 23, Jan 28, March 2 and April 11 Which all lasted 4 or 5 days. Now I had sex April 7 and took 2 emergency pills after 2 hours, and my period came 11 April and ended 15 in the morning. Now am feeling continues abdominal pain right after my menses but did not feel that during when I was menstruating. And today 16 April the bleeding is back. Please I'm I pregnant or what is it and what can I do. Thank you.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Pregnancy and diabetes presents unique challenges. Consider the goal ? tight blood sugar control ? and what you can do to achieve it.
When you have diabetes ? either type 1 or type 2 ? pregnancy presents unique challenges. Naturally, you're concerned about the effect diabetes might have on your health and your baby's health. There's much you can do to promote a healthy pregnancy, however. Here's what you need to know about pregnancy and diabetes ? and delivering a healthy baby.
Pregnancy and diabetes:
Your diabetes health care team likely includes an endocrinologist or other diabetes specialist, a diabetes educator and a registered dietitian. As your pregnancy progresses, your health care team can help you manage your blood sugar level and adjust your diabetes treatment plan as needed.
The goal: Tight blood sugar control
Controlling your blood sugar level before and during pregnancy is the best way to prevent diabetes complications. Good blood sugar control during pregnancy can:
Reduce the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth. Good blood sugar control reduces the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth ? primary concerns for pregnancy and diabetes.
Reduce the risk of premature birth. The better your blood sugar control, the less likely you are to go into preterm labor.
Reduce the risk of birth defects. Good blood sugar control during early pregnancy greatly reduces your baby's risk of birth defects, particularly those affecting the brain, spine and heart.
Reduce the risk of excess fetal growth. If you have poor blood sugar control, extra glucose can cross the placenta. This triggers your baby's pancreas to make extra insulin, which can cause your baby to grow too large (macrosomia). A large baby makes vaginal delivery difficult and puts the baby at risk of injury during birth.
Prevent complications for mom. Good blood sugar control reduces the risk of high blood pressure, preeclampsia ? which is high blood pressure that begins after 20 weeks of pregnancy ? and other potentially serious pregnancy complications.
Prevent complications for baby. Sometimes babies of mothers who have diabetes develop low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) shortly after birth because their own insulin production is too high. Good blood sugar control can help promote a healthy blood sugar level for your baby, as well as healthy levels of calcium and magnesium in the blood. Good blood sugar control also helps prevent a yellowish discoloration of the skin and eyes (jaundice) after birth.