Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
My stool color appears black since last 1 week. I read an article on web which says this can be a symptom of bleeding in intestine. Am really afraid what exactly is causing my stool color to be black please help!
Too much hair loss and dry hair from last 2 years after thyroid problem was diagnosed. Please help me.
I am 29 year female and I have back pain from past 1 month. I have tried using painkiller tablets and ointment but fine no relief. What should I do now.
How is high blood pressure related to paralytic stroke and what are the signs/symptoms of paralytic stroke?
I am loosing my hair form last two year. I am using Himalaya hair fall rescue shampoo. How to protect my hair from hair lose. Which type of food is safe for hair growth and protecting Hair lose. Give me suggestions.
How to increase overall body growth, in terms of height and body weight, Medication preferred over diet course.
I am a 30 year old woman. I am having rashes itching and burning around vaginal area from last 10 days please advise.
I am 38 years old, I am over weight with 15 kg, right now I am 65 kg, can you please suggest any weight reduction medicines, I have ligament tear on my right knee, due to over weight unable to walk.
Every woman endures menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Changes experienced: Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered after menopause, which causes hyperpigmentation.
How to fight against It:
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
- Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.