Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil NarvekarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I have been having intentional cough to clear mucus from my throat for months which was always clear. From 3-4 days it has changed its colour to pale yellow in mornings and sometimes mucus deposited inside my nose also turns up to be pale yellow. What can be the cause?
I have scabies. I used permethrin 5% lotion and safest tabs .it was cured I think but its reappearing again. Help plzz.
My exams are coming. I usually wants to sleep 4-5 hours. But I do not get my sleep. I will be full tensed and I hardly sleeps. But the next day I forgets whatever I studied in the exam hall. Please help. How to get sleep if am tensed. Please reply.
I feel prickness in my left side of chest. All test are normal like ECG X RAY AND ALL BLOOD TEST but I feel prickness in my left side of chest. It is normal? Please tell me. What's the reason of this.
I am having coughing and sneezing for last two days. It's putting me in fever as well. I had tried two cough syrups but nothing is happening. It's the same. Due to coughing my throat is paining so much. Please assist me.
I am not sleep deeply in the night some of the anonymous dreams are come frequently. And sleeping is gone in the morning I will not wake up without pain what should I do sir?
Hello doctors am 23 years I feel I need to sleep well but when I try to sleep I can not I keep trying but I end up sleeping only 5 or 6 hrs I can not sleep more then that I try but nothing and am still tired. What should I do?
So much itch in middle body are Its happening from 2 month I also bought medicine but not relief What I do.
There having itching beside my private organs, when I use cream like, terbinaforce plus & clobenate GM it feels good but temporarily. And after few days it starts again.
I have h rashes or fungal infection in thigh region and in my belly and bellow it. I was apply cosvate-gm bt it still remains and it is increasing itching day by day. Give me solution.
I am having skin problem and it's itching all the tym and there are red rings on my back please help me out.
Sleep is an important requirement for both humans and animals.
A newborn sleeps for 14 to 18 hours per day. An infant (child less than 1 year) sleeps for12 to 15 hours per day. Toddlers (children upto 2 years) sleep for 11 to 14 hours per day. The preschool going children sleep for 10 to 13 hours per day. The school going children sleep for 8 to 11 hours per day. Adults sleep for 7 to 9 hours per day.
Sleeping for less time than usual affects your heart, may increase your blood pressure, creates less relaxation and therefore affects your productivity the next day. It also decreases your immunity giving rise to infections particularly colds and coughs. It causes impairment of concentration and memory. It affects your judgement and decision making ability.
One may be deprived of sleep if one relies on the snooze button more than once, if one falls asleep in the afternoon or in meetings or while watching TV or relaxing. The quantity of sleep is no doubt important, but the quality of sleep is equally important.
One can improve the quality of sleep by the following methods.
1) Eat mango, banana and drink milk and lassi 2, 3 hours before sleep. These foods contain tryptophan. Tryptophan leads to the formation of serotonin which turns into melatonin. Melatonin is a sleep inducing hormone.
2) Switch off the lights before going of to sleep.
3) Do not keep gadgets like TV, computers and mobile on as they emit blue light which hampers the production of melatonin and disturbs sleep.
4) Do not watch TV before going of to sleep.
5) Use your bed only for sleeping and not for other activities like office work or having meals.
6) Do not drink alcohol or tea, coffee or smoke before going to sleep. Tea and coffee contain caffeine which disturb sleep. Smoking contains nicotine which affects the sleep.
7) Do not have heavy meals before sleep. If you have a high carbohydrate diet it fluctuates the blood sugar levels and impairs sleep.
If you find it difficult to sleep, please take the following measures:
1) Have a quick bath before you sleep. It is a sleep inducer.
2) Do mild to moderate exercise during day time.
3) Add to the exercises meditation, breathing exercises and yoga.
4) Keep your bedroom temperature from 19 to 24 degree celcius.
5)Do not sleep in the afternoon. If you still require a nap , do not sleep for more than 15 minutes in the afternoon.
6) Reading books before going to sleep helps as it strains your eyes and induces sleep.