Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta R WartyYour feedback matters!
I am 38 Year old female, 60 days ago I went through MVR surgery. Now I am well recovered, But my periods are not started from 40 days My Last date of Periods is 22 Oct. And I have done a pregnancy test on 29 Nov. 15, Which was negative. But should I do.
Every month I have periods on the same date or 2 to 3 days early. But this month which means May 3rd I should have got my periods but I didn't. I am married 4 months back and even tried checking whether I'm pregnant using pregnancy tester. But the result was negative. Could anyone let me know what would be the reason for periods miss and any suggestions pls.
Hello Dr. I'm 28 yrs old married since 5 yrs. Had a misc in the first yr and conceived this month and again had a miscarriage. Please help or suggest.
I am 20 years old. I didn't get menses from last 3 months. I performed sex with my husband in november 2015 and after that I didn't got menses for two months. I made pregnancy test at home for two times but the result is negative later I got menses in January. From January till now I didn't got menses and I didn't performed sex with my husband from that time. Now I wanted to know that as I didn't got menses am I pregnant?
I have done sex, though it was not full sex, as neither sperm has came out, nor my entire pennis entered to vagina, its around 20 days ago, now my partner is worried as she do not want any kid, please help.
I am 20 years old female I got headache after doing sex and a sever pain on breast and breast is becoming larger after doing sex can you tell me the solution.
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.
Role of antidepressants and cholesterol on your sex life
Being on anti-depressant medication can cause erectile dysfunction as a side effect in some cases. It is very important you talk to your doctor or psychiatrist and explain to him if you feel the loss of or weak erection after you start your medicines so that he make the required changes to your prescription. (as a side note, you should never self-medicate or change your medication, always consult with your doctor and take his advice.)
High cholesterol can also lead to ed. (as a side note: just taking medication to keep it under check is not enough, you should also exercise and improve your diet as well especially if you lead a sedentary lifestyle. Eat healthy and avoid junk as much as possible. If your erection problems still persist then you should get in touch with a qualified sexologist to get further guidance on how to overcome your problem.
Nightfall is something that usually does not require treatment. It is the overflow of semen and should not be a cause for concern. The sticky pre-cum that is secreted from the penis when one is sexually aroused (while talking or watching erotica) is also a natural occurrence in both men and women, it should also not bother you.
Age should not be a barrier to enjoying sex. As long as you feel physically fit and have the stamina to indulge in sexual activities; you should do so. There is no age limit to do so and a lot of senior citizens have sex till very late in life.
I am 9 month pregnant and my due date is april 19. I have gestational diabetics and my baby weights around 2.6 my doctor said baby weights is high and I need to control my diet. How I can control my sugar level and what diet I need to follow to control it .I am taking mixtard insulin like morning 4 mm, noon 4 mm, night 4 mm. I am bit worried abt my delivery.
I am suffering from pcod problem. Should I use a course of medication or it cures itself when time goes on. Can you suggest?
A great amount of research has been done on the negative implications of screen time on children and adolescents, but even adults are greatly affected and may suffer from certain health problems due to screen addiction.
The following are a few health implications that one should be aware of when it comes to screen addiction
- Restructuring of the brain: This health impact is as complex as it sounds. An increased amount of screen time definitely does affect the grey and white matter which form the brain. Restructuring of the brain generally takes place in hard core electronic device users, although those who do not use electronic devices very frequently may also be at an increased risk. Excessive screen addiction can lead to shrinkage of the grey matter and can hinder the effective functioning of white matter.
- You are more susceptible to diabetes, high BP and obesity: The long hours of sitting in front of the computer or watching videos on your tab can affect the metabolic syndrome of the body, resulting in bad health. In fact, your metabolic syndrome may still be affected even though you partake in physical activity such as walking or running after hours of sitting still.
- You may suffer from eye strain: There is a very common saying that goes ‘too much TV will make your eyes go square’, although this is not true, too much screen time does lead to severe eye problems, the most common of which is eye strain. It can also lead to retina damage and research shows that use of electronic devices such as phones and tabs at night hinders with sleep too.
- Increases mortality rate and risk of cardiovascular disease: Long hours of playing video games or working in front of the laptop does increase the chances of cardiovascular disease. Moreover, a recent study reveals that an unhealthy amount of screen time increased the chances of death to 52%. Even if you do diligent exercise, the damage to your health is more due to excess screen time, whereas exercise reduces mortality risk only up to 4%.
Thus, it is very important that you manage your screen time strictly and continue to live a happy and healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have some sex problems in my wife. She is satisfied soon and her disease no more only one time. I wanna grow her sex stamina Please give me a solution.
Menstrual Migraine can be termed as an extremely persistent headache that can happen just before, during or right after menstruation. Often, the feeling of nausea also keeps on lingering. The cause which triggers this type of migraine can be the fluctuating levels of oestrogen that a woman’s body experiences when she is on her periods.
What can be the possible treatment?
Application of ice pack or simply rubbing ice on your forehead can help lessen the pain a bit.
Relaxation exercises can be practiced to reduce the tension of the muscles.
Acupuncture therapy can also be done to improve the headache and it can further aid in relaxation of the muscles.
Over the counter painkillers such as ibuprofen or paracetamol can be taken for immediate relief.
Your doctor can also administer TRIPTAN (specific drugs used to treat the symptoms of migraine which work on the chemical receptors within the brain) if the pain is unbearable.
NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) can also be administered, only if they have been prescribed by the doctor, as the harmful effects of those drugs are aplenty.
Magnesium deficiency in the body is one of the most important causes for menstrual migraines. Thus, eating foods rich in magnesium such as dark leafy greens, nuts, whole grains, avocados, bananas, etc. and taking magnesium supplements or vitamins are advisable.
- There are certain foods which can even trigger such attacks. They include foods packed with monosodium glutamate (MSG), aged cheese and caffeine. Such foods should be strictly avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.