Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra.M. MehtaYour feedback matters!
Im very sad because my face is not clean im a young boy im very tired pimples and blackheads please help mee. I use many face wash and medicines and im now use pantjali aloe vera gel. Please tell me how to my face clean pimples and blackheads. I wish my face clean glowing skin.
I am 66 years male with problem of involuntary leakage of urine during sleep at night. I have Diabetes which is controlled. I do not have any prostrate problem. Please suggest a medication to control my above problem.
I am 26 years old and I have pigmentation on my face what can be the possible cause and what can I do to improve my skin.
Hello doctor, I had fair skin but my skin is going dull day by day ,I used alot of home remedies, so many products I have used but nothing can be work for me ,what can I do.
I am 28 years old female, I want my skin whitening, I listened dermal md Serum is good for skin whitening, is this correct or not. Please give a right suggestions to get skin whitening. I have normal indian skin tone.
Sir/mam m having allergy in form of pimples or dark spots on the side of my lips which is spreading ol over my face what to do?
Hey my Bhua is 45 year old and she is suffering from dark circles please provide me solution for her.
My daughter is having allergies of insects bites Due which she has got very dark marks all over her body including face too please help me out.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.
I have a fungal infection in my penis area, it makes dark black area around it And makes itching on that I want complete treatment And preventions.
Bowen's disease is a skin disorder; the main symptom of which is the formation of a pink or a red surface on the skin which may result in small erosion. The patches usually grow very slow but if left untreated, can lead to a more serious threat of skin cancer. The seriousness of Bowen's disease increases if it is not diagnosed or treated at the correct time. This skin cancer is known as 'squamous cell skin cancer'.
Symptoms of Bowen's disease:
- There will be several patches on the skin with distinctly clear edges and showing no sign of healing.
- The patches are may be red or pink, raised or flat over the skin where it forms.
- It may spread rapidly over a small localized area
- It can be itchy (in some cases).
The patches are predominantly found on areas such as the head, neck and in the lower legs. Once they start to develop, you should immediately consult a skin specialist who may take a sample of the skin for diagnosis.
Causes of Bowen's disease:
- Bowen's disease is caused due to long exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun. Usage of tanning/sun beds may prove to be problematic.
- Weak immunity system can cause Bowen's disease and can hamper the entire diagnostic process.
- Previous history of Radiotherapy treatment.
- HPV virus that can affect the genitals.
It must be noted that Bowen's disease is not hereditary in nature.
Treatment of Bowen's disease:
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen is used to treat the part of the skin which is affected.
- Surgery: The abnormal skin is operated under the effect of local anesthesia.
Post-treatment follow-up is very important for the entire treatment process to yield results.