Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Nandini MomayaYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years male, My right eye gets blank for about 10-20 sec when I raise from bed. Have consulted the doctor they had brain scanned every thing normal. They found CSF opening pressure more than 30. Used Diamox 250mg for 6 months now CSF pressure is also normal. Still my problem is not solved. Please advise.
After retinal detachment surgery sclera buckling laser beam as part of surgery was done. After that severe constant headache in one part of the nerve about the surgery eye. What can be the reasons? Neurological examinations all normal. Also mri normal. Can Pred forte drops cause headaches. Bp is high. What to do? Taking amlong. What could be possible reasons? Eye pressure checked that also is fine.
I am not feeling well. Eyes are becoming reddish in colour. As I feel body temperature. Not in normal i am unable to breath easily because of cough an cold.
Hi Good Day to you, I met with an accident 5 days back, where I got a head injury, just one inch above my right fore head with 4 staples on the cut. My my injury is getting healed well with regular dressing. I have few symptoms, I doubt it's normal or should take it further. 1. If I'm bending down, I feel dizzy and uncomfortable. 2. My left eye has a slight blurred vision. 3. I could only do work slowly. If I have to do something in a hurry, I feel uneasiness with headache. Kindly advise, are these symptoms in normal recovery or anything abnormal?
I am having itching in my eyes. Is there a domestic remedy which I can use to suppress or cure it? The irritation is persistent when I am in prolonged exposure with dust and smoke. Y.
I have swelling on my eyes in early in the morning. Last night the eye was right. What will I do for this doctor. Ask me I was gone in many hospital no treatment.
Hi Doctor, Because of Eye sight whether the Blood pressure get increases? With headache on the back head?
My name is chuntu lal, my wait is very less. As compare to the height. I tried many home medicine. But it didn't helped me please suggest me some thing.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.