Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nand KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir. I have scars on my face. What to do to cure it naturally? N having hair loss when washing hair with shampoo but when washed with only water less amt of hair are coming out. Can I know the prblm?
The most common form of leishmaniasis, cutaneous leishmaniasis is generally identified as a parasitic disease caused by the bite of infected sand flies and is responsible for causing skin sores. These skin sores vary in size and appearance and are susceptible to changes over time. They have often been described as miniature volcanoes, having slightly elevated edges with a central crater, and at times covered by a scab. Occasionally, swollen glands can appear in and around the sores, and may or may not be painful.
Causes of cutaneous leishmaniasis include:
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be easily spread by the mere bite of certain types of phlebotomine sand flies. Initially, sand flies get infected when they bite an infected animal; say a rodent or a dog, or even another person already suffering from it. They then act as a vector agent and carry the virus around with them. If they happen to bite you, you will discover the growth of these volcanic skin sores gradually, if not immediately.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread via blood transfusions or through the use of contaminated needles.
- Occasionally, though very rarely, cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread from a pregnant mother to her newborn baby.
Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be treated in various ways. Some effective methods of treatment may include:
- Local heat therapy (most suitably at around 40 degrees celsius)
- Several topical paromomycin preparations
- Certain types of sodium preparations
- Antibiotic therapy
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
My body skin is very black. Please suggest me how my body skin turns into white. What nutrition I take daily for white body skin.
Cosmetology in Ayurveda
Cosmetology includes the treatment of skin, hair and nails.
Ayurvedic cosmetology specialises in the field of natural principle and it is ideal for modern demands. Plant extracts and natural substances have been formulated into cosmetic products according to ayurvedic system one of the major benefit is that biologically active ingredients are easily absorbed into the deeper layer of the skin and influence it at the cellular level.
The human body responds extremely well to natural substances, while it has an in-built resistance to synthetic ones.
Beauty enhancement by ayurveda:
In ayurveda dinacharya and ritucharya are explained in the context of preservation of health and promotion of beautification aspect. The procedures like.
-Karnaabhyanga / karnapoorna , lepanam
-Aaschyotana and tarpana karma
Are described elaborately for health preservation & beauty enhancement. An ideal ayuredic strategy for achieving complete beauty care and prevention of ageing is as follow:
The patient should be thoroughly examined and 'Prakriti' should be evaluated so that the appropriate treatment can be planned. The therapy can be planned by shodhana (detoxification) and by shamana (pacification).
Shodhana(detoxification) : to remove the accumulated toxins in the body. Ritu anusara shodhana karma should be performed. To begin with, the person is given medicated ghe internally till the samyak sneha lakshana appear in the body
After ghritapana, abhayanga and swedana karma should be performed. The patient is than subjected for the specific shodhana karma.
Shamana (pacification): Useful drugs are chandanasavam.saribadyasavam.
Care of the Skin:Twacha is the term for skin in ayurveda.Skin is a cover of the exposed parts of the body. The sense of touch spreads over the entire body through skin. As ayurveda believes that all living beings have the panchamahabhoota as it is components, same is for the skin. It is the seat of sparshana indriya. Skin is also the dwelling of bhrajaka pitta and regulates the temperature of the living body and absorbs all local medicinal application.
In charaka samahita,the charaka state medicinal plants in 'Varnaya mahakashaya'. used to obtain glowing complexion. The herbs mentioned in Varnaya Mahakashaya are -
9. Seta(shweta durva)
10. Lata(shyama durva)
In sushruta samahita 'Eladi gana' contains -Ela.Tagara,kushtha,jatamansi,tavaka,dhamamaka,patra,nagkeshra,priyangu,harenuka,vyaghranakha,shukti,stouneyaka,choraka,shriveshata,khus,guggul,sarjarasa,turushka,kundaru,agaru,ushira,devdaru,keshra and padamakeshra.All these herbs can eliminate toxins from the body, clear the complexion that leads to a glow on the skin and alleviates kushta and boils. Before choosing any ayurvedic beauty care method, it is important to know about the body constitution (Prakariti) and the basic types of skin. Three basic type are based on the doshas Vata,pitta,kapha.
Care of the Hair :
Hair is also a part of beauty of the human beings.a hair consist of a root( the part implanted in the skin) and a shaft (portion projecting from the surface)
Ayurvedic aspect of hair:
The hair (kasha) is the waste of asthi dhatu. Hence, anything detrimental to ashthi dhatu will be harmful to the hair. Depletion of ashthi dhatu causes hair loss.
The health of hair depends on the health of the bones and skin.
The nourishment of hair depends entirely upon the rasa dhatu.Dearrangement of rasa dhatu causes hair fall and premature greying .So health of hair depends upon rasa and ashthi dhatus and on all the three doshas.
Herbs for hair care:
-Bibhitaka: The seed oil of bibhitaka prevents premature greying of hair.
-Brahmi : Sesame oil enhanced with brahmi ,kulanjana and vacha is very useful for promoting hair growth and prevents the hair fall.
-Bhringraja: The fresh juice blackens the hair. It is the best natural hair dye. The fresh juice of the leaves or sesame oil enhanced with it is useful in promoting growth of hair.
-Shankhapushpi: Its oil prevents the hair fall and premature greying of hair.
-Tila (sesame): Prepare the decoction of its roots and leaves .give hairs wash with it. It promotes the hair growth, blacken them and gives a silky texture.
-Yashtimadhu: Sesame oil enhanced with liquorice and amalaki prevents the hair fall .In charaka the term 'keshya' is used for liquorice.
-Madayantika(Mehndi): Henna is mainly used as a colouring agent. It is mixed with other natural dyes, and largely used as hair dye.
-Methika : A paste of its leaves applied over the scalp regularly before taking bath help hair grow and keep them silky.
-Narikel : Daily massage the scalp with coconut oil. It promotes the hair growth and prevents the hair fall.
Natural hair cleanser
Take amla, shikakai and reetha seeds in an iron pan and soak them in water for a night. Mash them and wash hair with this water.
Sir my sister of 20 years of age is having a very bad ulcers in mouth and also she had some rashes like thing over her legs below her knees She underwent urin test and the amount of microscopic puss cell were 30 - 35 please suggest what to do. She have fever and little vomiting tendency bjt no other UTI symptoms.
Sir my face becomes soo black day by day because of sunlight and more ever I found some dark spots on my face. So plzz suggest me what should I take for this. Thank you.
I have got red patches on my skin so what I do & my face is black and there are black heads so pls recommend me to what to do.
I wants glow on my face by naturally, bcoz my skin is so dry, I lost glow on my face. Please suggest me.
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up.
Related Tip: Quickie Home Remedies for Skin Allergies