Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naditata PalshetkarYour feedback matters!
I am 36 yrs old woman I didn't have my periods from last april nowadays my belly is becoming too big and my body weight is upto 65 kgs. What I must do to get regular periods and reduce my body size & weight. Please help me.
I am suffering from periods irregularity. What should I do? Alternative month wise periods are coming. How can I Overcome.
My wife is suffering from severe pain during periods and her age is 48. No regularity in periods. Please suggest any medicine to get rid of pain.
Hi I am married since last 7 years, earlier there was problem between us regarding financial and time issue as I am in sales in FMCG company but we are well settled today and living a happy married life. The problem is my wife doesn't show any interest in sex, and we are least involve in this activity very rarely we did it in a month. Kindly guide.
Hi, during pregnancy can I travel in flight. Time duration 2 hours. And pregnancy approximately 3 months. Pls.
Life is full of challenges. We all have our own ways of dealing with stress and strains of life. But, a strong sense of resilience can make you different from others. Winners don’t do different things, but they do it differently. That’s what you need to keep in mind. While there are hundreds of strategies to deal with stress, you need to learn the best ones to increase your sense of resilience. The more resilient you are, the better is your chance of succeeding in life. Your power of resilience is like an armour that will guard you in the battlefield of life. Here’s all that you need to know about how to become more resilient. From personal tragedies to occupational hazards, you will be able to deal with everything under the sun by following the tips below:
1. Acceptance towards change: It is important for all of us to accept a simple fact that life is dynamic in nature. Nothing in our lives is permanent. Situations and events change in our lives, bringing occasional bliss or sorrows. Therefore, if you realize the fact that change is an indispensable part of life and be a little flexible, you will automatically become more resilient.
2. Be realistic: You must have a realistic outlook towards life. Don’t let your mind be preoccupied with fanciful ideas or build castles in the air. Realism and pragmatism are the fundamentals to a healthy living. If you have a pragmatic mind and understand the real problems in life, you will not lose hope too soon. Therefore, you will be more resilient than others as you have already prepared yourself for the worst things in life by understanding the reality.
3. Control your emotions: It has been often noticed that when scuba divers drown, they are still left with enough oxygen in their tanks. It is because they have pulled off their oxygen masks at the time of danger. Researchers believe that most of us, when in danger, lose our senses and start panicking. This worsens the situation and aggravates the problems in our lives, destroying harmony and peace. Therefore, a person with better sense of resilience has better control over his emotions as well. Don’t freak out or panic at the time of danger or get depressed over an issue for long. You must have a fighting attitude in life and be prepared to face the worst.
4. Be a good communicator: It is quite true that most of our problems can be sorted out by communication. If you maintain proper communication with people and yourself and keep all channels of communication open, you will have solutions to various problems in life. This boosts your confidence and sense of resilience.
My wife did not get her periods, she is already 15 days late, she had tried pregnancy test but it had negative results. I am not sure if we had unprotected sex, just because its late I m worried if she is pregnant. Why should it is late? Is this normal? Or sign of pregnancy? Suggest me any medicine for her to have her periods.
How to count ovulation days? Does frm the first day of period count? Actually I don't hv knowledge regarding sex en ol. please do help me. I wanna get pregnant as soon as possible. Yesterday my period his strted so what day will be my ovulation day en how long ovulation period stay 1 day, 2 day or more den.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is more prevalent among women (in the age group between 25 - 60 years) than men. The condition often results in muscular and joint pain along with extreme tiredness. Further, there may be severe headaches, body stiffness, insomnia or sleeping disorders, high sensitivity to extreme temperatures, abdominal pain, Irritable bowel syndrome and also Fibro Fog ( a condition triggered by Fibromyalgia, whereby an individual is unable to concentrate on anything). In some, the condition can trigger severe anxiety, stress, and depression.
While discussing Fibromyalgia, it is important to mention about the Tender Points or Trigger Points. These are delicate points and areas located throughout the body where even a gentle tap or pressure is enough to cause pain. Some of these trigger points in Fibromyalgia include:
- upper chest.
- back of the head.
- top of shoulders.
- outer elbows.
Some of the common factors that play a significant role in triggering Fibromyalgia are
- Stress and Trauma: Fibromyalgia may be an outcome of extreme physical, mental and emotional turmoil (which often creates a hormonal imbalance) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fibromyalgia may be linked to genetics and hereditary. People with a family history of Fibromyalgia are more susceptible to the painful condition.
- In some individuals, an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a contributing factor resulting in Fibromyalgia.
Acupressure to treat Fibromyalgia
People often opt for Alternative Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia. Individuals with Fibromyalgia benefit immensely from Acupressure. Acupressure is a popular alternative therapy that finds its origin in China. It channelizes upon the use of pressure at certain points in the body to ease the pain. Some of the acupressure points that are often used to relieve the pain, especially related to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, in Fibromyalgia include:
- Stomach 36 (ST 36): ST 36 holds great significance in providing a soothing and calming effect in people with extreme stress and anxiety (one of the critical symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia). ST 36 is located in the depression of the tibia (lateral side), at a distance of about four fingers downwards from the patella or the knee. Gently and slowly massaging the point for 3-4 minutes is said to provide great relief.
- Ren 17: Another acupressure point that goes a long way to lower the anxiety and physical stress is Ren 17 or the chest center. This acupressure point is the middle of the chest (anterior midline), at the fourth intercostal space from the second rib downwards.
- Ear Shen Men: The Ear Shen Men is an important acupressure point in the triangular fossa, at the upper region of the ear. People with physical and emotional stress benefit from this acupressure point.
- Pericardium 6: The Pericardium 6 is in the mid arm region (lower and inner part of the arm) between the two tendons at a distance of four fingers from the wrist crease. In addition to a great soothing effect, Pericardium 6 is beneficial for people with nausea.
- Yintang: Nothing works more like the Yintang to relieve stress and anxiety. The acupressure point in between the eyes at the eyebrow level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.