Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N.S. NanavatiYour feedback matters!
Hi, My daughter is 16 months old and she has 4 upper teeth and 4 lower teeth and one of the upper teeth little black color is to afraid about that please tell me reason.
My female baby of 11 months has not shown any sign of teething as on date .is it OK or should we take some corrective steps.
Meri 4 saal ki beti hai. Usko left ear se yellow and bad smelly discharge hota hai. 2 mnths back I consulted child specialist, she prescribed following medicines: syp. Augmentin syp. Mucolite syp macberry syp. C&c saari medicines lene k baad ye prblm band hogaya tha but kal raat se ear pain k saath phir se discharge start hogaya. This prblm has started when she was 2 yrs old. Whenever she has cough n cold, this prblm occurs. Now shld I restart the above mentioned medicines? what are the causes of this prblm? because there is no hole in her ear wall. Then why it occurs every now and then? please guide me with your valuable advices? thanks!
I have a son of 4 years and he is showing with a strange symptom when he is awake in the morning his hands are shiver a little bit but after some time he is fine can any one tell me why this happens.
Hi. My 2 n half month baby boy having stools with light blood in it. Help me out asap. I have an image of stools but how can I share with dis app I don't know.
My daughter age is 15 month And 10 days. When his age is 6and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently We take some test. At present hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? Presently vomiting problem for 3 days after eating.
Sir, Hamara baby boy thik se khata nhi hai. Wo 3 saal ka hai kya use hum junior Horlicks, Little Champ Bourvita ya phir Pideasoure jaise koi product de sakte hai. Please suggest.
Hi, My son is 2 years old he don't want to eat anything except milk and some sweet things and he don't want to eat anything like spicy things even rice also so what can I do?
My baby is 1 month old, I am feeding him directly from 15 days. Before that I have taken my milk through hand and sometimes by syringe. I was too painfully. After that while I am feeding my baby directly one of my breast is too painfully. My gynecologist suggested nipcare ointment & nipple shield. From 2 days I am using that, it was better while using but today I needed my baby directly so that I am facing that problem again. For every 5 minutes I am facing shoot out pain. Can you please suggest me the solution.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.