Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Shilpa MishraYour feedback matters!
I'm having endometriosis problem. can I go for brisk walks. also can I play outdoor games like badminton?
I travel daily from here to there. Previously I was not getting any health issue but from some days I am getting tired. What will b reason.
I am 24 years old suffering from disease a kind of obesity am 54 yrs I think I have thyroid but not sure I dnt find any symptoms of thyroid I have a bit menstrual problem I get my periods regularly but bleeding will remain only for two day I eat very less but my weight is increasing day by day. Firstly want to reduce my weight please give any solution.
I am 36 yr old male diabetic, taking Advog 0.2 and Zoryl M2 daily twice, please comment on my medicice prescription.
I had fungus issue on my skin I tried many antibiotic cream and medicine but its not going wht should I doAnd due to all medicine my body become heavy how should I reduce my body fat.
I am very lean in nature. I need a good healthy body. And also need a fitness body. Is there any suggestion from you?
I feel very tired and weak I really want to join gym and want to improve my health and body shape but due to tiredness and laziness I won't be able to do so. Kindly prescribe me a good body tonic for body strength and energy thanks.
Involuntary contractions of the diaphragm muscle, located at the base of the lungs, causes hiccups. Such spasms cause the sudden, quick closure of the vocal cords, during air inhalation, causing you to gasp with the characteristic ‘hic’ sound. Hiccupping is an uncontrolled reflex action, often triggered for no apparent reason.
They occur frequently and are more common in newborns and infants. A hiccupping bout generally continues for a few minutes and subsides on its own. These spasms generally occur in a constant rhythmic pattern. They are often set off by anything that creates a pressure on or around the diaphragm. These include:
- Eating too fast or because of the speedy swallowing of food
- Consumption of exceptionally hot and spicy foods
- Consumption of aerated fizzy beverages
- Lack of sleep, stress and exhaustion
- Excess consumption of Alcohol
- Intake of certain medications
How problematic can they be?
In most cases, hiccups stop within a short period of time. Persistent hiccups however, keep occurring for over 48 hours and some continue for over a month, which are also medically termed as Intractable Hiccups. Medical attention is required when hiccups start interfering with sleeping or eating patterns, cause intense breathing difficulty and vomiting. Relentless hiccupping can be painful and extremely tiring. It creates discomfort in the upper abdominal region, and hinders normal routine.
Home remedies for it
Hiccups are generally not serious and most often resolved by simple home remedies. Some of these home remedies include quickly drinking a glass of water, holding your breath for a while or evenly breathing into a paper bag.
Persistent hiccups, that occur at frequent intervals and continue for weeks and months could, however, be indicative of an underlying serious health condition. Therefore, you must visit a doctor if your hiccups do not subside easily.
Incessant hiccups could be symptoms of any type of liver or abdominal disease or lung disease such as pneumonia. Strokes, brain tumours and certain nervous disorders may also cause hiccups; as such disorders create a disturbance in the functioning of the diaphragm.
In case of painful, frequent hiccups, the physician may prescribe you some medications. These may include certain types of muscle relaxants, sedatives, analgesics or any other kind of stimulant that can help in providing a remedy.
How can you ‘prevent’ it?
The onset of a bout of hiccups, is mostly self induced, involuntary spasms, thus cannot often be predicted or prevented. However, certain precautions may be taken to avoid recurrence. Abstinence from smoking, controlled drinking, not gulping down food too fast are only a few ways that control the frequency of hiccups. However, it is always advisable to get yourself examined by a medical practitioner in case of a prolonged spell of hiccups.
Sir I am 18 years old having height 5.5 feet but my weight is still 45 kg please help me to gain my weight.
I have a problem that even after doing regular fitness workout I am unable to reduce my weight as a result I am having regular problem of constipation.
I want to reduce my weight and looks like slim My height is: 6'0 My weight is: 86 How will I reduce can you give any suggestions like food habits and physical exercises.
You want to know the Health benefits of Mint?
Well my guess is YES! - As you are now on this page.
Mint or pudina is an herb that is synonymous to freshness. Use it for seasoning your salad, adding it to your cup of tea or grind it finely to cook 'pudina ki chutney', mint can bring that extra zing and unique flavour to almost anything you cook.
Mint has been a mainstay of cooking for a long time. Like all herbs, mint is better if it's fresh rather than dried. If you're going to be juicing with mint, it will have to be fresh for you to get any juice out of it.
Humans have known about the health benefits of mint leaves for a long time. In the past, mint has been used to treat a variety of illnesses. It is especially effective in treating stomach and chest pains. During the Middle Ages, people used mint to whiten their teeth!
Health Benefits Of Mint Leaves
- Boost Digestion - One of the main mint health benefits is that it aids digestion and helps to remove stomach pains. Mint is a great appetizer and due to its soft aroma, it soothes the stomach. The aroma triggers the mouth to produce more saliva and more digestive enzymes. As you can imagine, this aids digestion tremendously.
- Strengthen Your Liver - When your liver is chugging along slowly, you're going to be feeling pretty dismal. A poorly functioning liver is an energy sap. Thankfully, one of the great mint nutritional benefits is that it is a powerful liver booster. The health benefits of beetroot are also fantastic for the liver.
- Cool Your Body - Mint is a cooling herb. Consuming mint causes your body to slightly lower its temperature. This is one reason that mint goes great in fruity, summery drinks.
- Relieve Asthma - Many people have found that consuming mint produces positive relief for asthma symptoms. Scientists believe that regular use of mint is super beneficial for asthma patients. However, don't go too crazy as too much mint may cause irritation.
- Take Care Of Your Teeth - Why do you think toothpaste is minty? It's because one of the health benefits of mint leaves is that they are good for dental hygiene. First, mint freshens up your breath. This is awesome, especially if you have just eaten a big plate of garlic. Mint also packs a load of germ defense. Mint inhibits the growth of bacteria in the mouth and cleans the teeth and tongue.
- Stop Farting - I know it's an embarrassing subject, but hey, we all do it from time to time. One of the interesting mint nutritional benefits is that it will help us stop farting. Since it eases digestion, the body makes less gas. The benefits of lemon juice are also great for this.
- Defeat Cancer - Like all edible plant food, mint is believed to have potent cancer-fighting powers. This health benefit of mint leaves is probably due to the variety of enzymes that mint contains. Pretty awesome, huh!
- Kick out Acne - Mint juice is great if you're juicing for acne. Why? It cleans the skin like it's a jewel. It's beats infection, soothes the skin and it works like magic when it comes to removing pimples. It's also powerful in reducing wrinkles. If you want to look younger for longer, rub mint juice into your skin once or twice a day.
There is no denying that mint tastes great. While not specifically one of the health benefits of mint leaves, whether you use it in food, juice, toothpaste or something else, mint is pleasant to the tastebuds.