Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Shilpa Mishra
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Shilpa MishraYour feedback matters!
I am a male 27 years weight 105kgs my height 165 cms, I am an asthmatic I want to get treated by liposuction for my weight loss. Please suggest any best alternatives for weight loss.
Respected doctors I being a 13 year old teenager having a good height of 176 but an unfortunate weight of 50 kg .what should I do to gain it rapidly .plz tell us .I will b grateful.
Doc. My hostel mess adds baking soda in Rice .so is it permitable to eat Baking soda. Does intake of Baking soda harmful to our health?
Hi there, tell me which vegetables one can consume raw? I am asking here because I want to know from a good nutritionist.
Hi doctor. I hv been living in hostel since past 2 yrs. And eat in mess. I hv noticed my weight increase and belly fat too. Does eating rice and sweets everyday increase belly fat? please explain why. please give me proper diet.
There are few things more exhausting or more irritating than the four month long Indian summer. With soaring temperatures and the sun raging outside, mangoes and lychees don't seem like much of a silver lining.
So, here are 8 health hacks that will make your summer a little better:
- Replace soft drinks with water: When you are out on the streets or sweating at home, a sweet fizzy drink does seem tempting but try resisting and have a glass of sparkling water instead. The preservatives and chemicals in the soft drinks do nothing to help your metabolism, which is slowed down by dehydration. Add a bit of lemon juice if only water does not appeal to you.
- Try yoghurt instead of ice cream: The primary difference between the two is that one contains cream and the other does not. Yoghurt is lighter and has lesser fat content. Excess fat consumption during summer actually makes you sweat more.
- Use honey instead of butter: Butter like cream has a heavy fat content and your metabolism (which is slower in summer to retain water in the body) takes longer to break fat down. So, ditch butter this summer and spread some honey on your crunchy breakfast toast.
- Stock up on cucumber: Cucumber is an underrated blessing. You can munch on them anytime you like without worrying about calorie intake or stomach aches. Rubbing some cucumber on your skin can soothe sunburns and itches.
- Aloe Vera can work wonders: You must have heard about the boon that aloe vera is when it comes to skincare. It is the best solution to nasty sunburns, especially aloe vera gel frozen in small Ziploc bags, can heal burns and prevent skin peeling and chaffing.
- Lower the pH value of your skin: Application of citrus fruit juices like apples and lemons or vinegar can lower the pH value of our skin and prevent the multiplication of bacteria. This keeps both sweat and body odor away much more effectively than deodorants.
- Make small sacrifices in terms of diet: Some of your favorite things like coffee, alcohol, spicy food, sugar and cigarettes are best consumed minimally in summer because they all aggravate the functioning of the apocrine glands and cause sweat and body odor.
- Shower before you workout: One of the good things about summer might be that you have an excuse to skip work out. But, if you start with a cold shower or a swim, or keep a cold, wet towel round your neck, workout can be surprisingly refreshing. You can do the same after your workout, it lowers the body temperature and cooling the muscles can heal soreness very quickly.