Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Shilpa MishraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from back pain after doing lower body workout in gym. Every time when I do lower body doms (delayed onset muscle soreness) will effect me in such a way that it is difficult to even walk and pain remains for 3-4 days. So please suggest me some weight loss tips.
I want to loose my belly fat only as I am gymming what diet should I take and also tell me healthy food for gymming.
I'm suffering from calcium deficiency. What should I do? What food items do I need to take in excess?
I'm 23 year old female. I used to have extremely thick black soft shiny hair by nature. Also I had a very healthy hair that I had very less hairfall compared to others. But over the past year I've been facing extreme hairfall. I lost most of my volume and shine and the worst part is that now I have visible scalp on my forehead. Also my hair has become too dry and frizzy. I follow a proper routine of diet, oiling and hair wash. I tried medications, intake of vitamin-E but nothing seems to work. I don't use any styling products or hair dryer. Still I can't figure out the cause and a solution. Please help.
The placenta is a rich vascular tissue seen in the inner wall of the uterus. It provides nutrition to the growing baby through the umbilical cord. It also helps in removal of wastes from the developing baby. The placenta is usually present on the upper part of the uterus and grows during pregnancy in size and vascularity.
However, if this placenta is towards the lower portion near the cervix, it is known as previa, meaning prolapse. This could happen during the third trimester of pregnancy. There are chances that it will block the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus into the birth canal. This may hinder normal delivery and can be one of the reasons necessitating cesarean section. As the baby tries to push through the placenta, the highly vascular placenta can tear and cause significant bleeding. It can be a big risk to both the mother and the baby.
Placenta previa is quite common and can happen for every 1 in 200 pregnancies. Though what causes it is not very clear, some of the predisposing factors include the following:
- Advanced maternal age (35 or more)
- Smoking mothers
- Have had children
- History of C-section
- Carrying twins or triplets
- History of uterine surgeries
There could be complete previa or total previa.
- If the placenta is in the lower portion of the uterus, but not close to the cervix, with about 2 cm distance between the cervix and the placenta tip, it is termed as low-lying placenta.
- If the placenta sits on the border of the cervix, but does not cover the opening, it is partial or marginal previa.
- When it is in the lower portion and completely covers the cervix, it is complete previa.
Placental position is monitored throughout pregnancy, and by the second trimester, the doctor can suspect potential previa. Though the placenta may be in the lower half of the uterus during the first trimester, it usually moves up towards the end of the second trimester. If it does not, then the doctor might request for periodic testing to ensure it is in place.
- Fresh bleeding during the third trimester is indicative of previa. Managing previa depends on how far you are into the pregnancy and how severe the bleeding is.
- If it is minimal, then only observation will suffice. Bed rest with no intercourse, no pelvic exams, and limited travelling is recommended.
- If the previa is confirmed and there is no bleeding, a C-section will be scheduled at 37 weeks.
- If delivery cannot wait, then the baby will be immediately delivered at the end of 34 weeks, post which the baby and mother will be kept under observation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am eating rice at night. Is it good to take rice if I want to increase my weight with some physical activities like gym.
You must have heard about the indispensible use of the effective tea tree oil in so many Ayurvedic preparations. The oil is effective for many reasons, and the six common uses are as follows.
- Treating scars and wounds: Tea tree oil is effective in extremely small concentrations, and can cause miraculous effects. That is why only a small portion is enough to get promising results. When two drops of tea tree oil are combined with 15 drops of Jojoba oil, and this mixture is applied to the wounds, injuries and scars, they heal quickly and scars disappear faster.
- Treating breathing and respiratory problems: A lot of medical conditions, which may be caused by a bacteria or virus, can result in respiratory problems as a direct effect or side effect. In all such cases like cough and cold, flu, asthma, bronchitis, pharyngitis, tuberculosis etc., tea tree oil is highly effective and hence used in Ayurvedic medicines to loosen the mucous inside and expel it out. A direct massage on the chest by adding it with the other oils, or adding a few drops to warm water for inhaling vapour can help.
- Mind freshener and nerve treatment: Tea tree oil has found great usage in mind freshening and nervous disease treatments. That’s because of the soothing effect of the oil in boosting the mind and body. In fact, it is also used in fighting fatigue, tiredness, phobias, fear, stress etc. Therefore, a body massage with coconut oil and about five drops of tea tree oil added to it helps very much.
- Clearing lice and dandruff: These two are the major problems of hair and scalp, and both have a common remedy, which is the tea tree oil. The oil has microbial and fungicidal properties, which prove it to be a useful ingredient in the making of concoction and Ayurvedic medicines for dandruff and lice problems. The oil can directly be blended with hair oil or shampoo for great effects.
- Skin infections due to bacteria and fungus: Skin problems aggravated by fungus infection, bacteria etc. can be alleviated with application of tea tree oil. The antifungal properties of the oil helps fight worse conditions like athlete’s foot, jock itch etc. Equal proportions of tea tree oil and any other oil like coconut or almond oil can be applied on to the affected parts twice daily to clear off fungus and heal the skin.
- Immunity and resistance booster: Tea tree oil can be used for massages and rubs by mixing just two drops to any other base oil like coconut oil, for treating and preventing several skin and body conditions. These include bed sores, fungal infections, nappy and diaper rashes, cuts and wounds, insect bites, rashes and a lot more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Sir I do exercise (gym like pushups) at home after eating food is there any kind of problem in this.
My age is 23 but my weight is 50. I want to gain some weight, what type of should I take in order to gain weight. Please suggest me.
My daughter is11 years old. She is fine .but her weight is only 26. Please suggest some advice for gain weight.
My complaint was left hip joint and right shoulder joint pain (frozen shoulder). I thought it may be because of uric acid problem. Doctor told me to test calcium and vitamin D3. My serum calcium level is 8.80. Normal range given is 8.40 to 10.20. My vitamin D level is 16.60. Deficiency level is 0 to 5. Insufficiency level given is 5 to 20 Hypovitaminosis D level is 20 to 40 and 40 to 100 is sufficient. Now One of the doctor prescribed me Calten D 500 tab daily one and other doctor has prescribed me Uprise D3 60K once in week for eight weeks. To whom should I follow? I am taking Zyloric tab for my very old (17yrs) uric acid problem usually my uric acid level is between 6 and 7 and I am pre diabetic condition since 2 years. Eating less protein reduces uric acid but increases bone pain. I am pure veg. Non drinker non smoker. My body itself produces more uric acid. Kidney and liver function is normal. My age is 54 and weight is 70Kg. Please advice.
I am 20 year old female suffering from diabetes mellitus type 1 from last 4 years. My blood sugar is not at all controlled.
Hello I am suffering from supandosh because by this my energy is lost. How I prevent and do not loss energy.
SIr. My fat is resolving. And now a days nothing without bones. So my state forward true que. 1. Leakage of sperm is responsible for fat dissolve? 2}leakge of semen is responsible for fat dissolve. How much Fat is depending on that. If sperm or urine is leakaging through that. Then which test help me. To find that.
Browsing on the phone before you sleep can potentially cause serious damage to your health. According to studies the side effects can be far reaching and detrimental for your overall health. It can disrupt your sleep and contributes to several complications like heart diseases, obesity, etc.
Following are the bad effects of browsing on the phone before bed:
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night affects your sleeping pattern and deprives your body from the rest it requires. Loss and lack of sleep significantly contributes to various health problems like poor sleep, depression, stroke, cardiovascular problems, obesity etc.
- Staring at a bright screen for a long time before sleeping can slow down the activity of neurons that make you sleepy, thereby, keeping you in a state of wakefulness. Staring at artificial lights suppresses melatonin, the sleep hormone, which affects the sleep wake cycle of your body.
- Browsing on the phone before sleep also takes a toll on your eyes. It can cause serious damage to your eyes if you make a habit out of it. You can see visible signs if you wake up with dark circles in the morning and feel tired and lousy. Looking at brightly lit screen for a long time especially in the dark puts a lot of strain in your eyes and also affects mental health.
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night will make it difficult for you to wake up on time. The light on your cell phone affects your sleep, which can even trigger insomnia. Lack of sleep affects your alertness and concentration level and makes you feel drowsy and exhausted.
Related Tip: "Get better sleep"