Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Pooja ThackerYour feedback matters!
My mom is of 50 years old. Lab test: 1) CT scan of Abdomen and Pelvis: Impression-Mildly enhancing heterogeneous lesion in the right adnexa adjacent to the right lateral wall of uterus. Right ovary is not separately visualized .Lesion is seen extending below the muscular plane of anterior wall breeching the peritoneum. Features are suggestive of mass lesion -likely ovarian origin. 2) THE ULTRASONOGRAPHY OF ABDOMEN & PELVIS IS ALSO SHOWING THE SAME IMPRESSION. 3) Creatinine is showing 0.7 mg/dl 4) CA125 showing 10.10 U/ml. On the basis of above impressions please do suggest me how much will it cost for the treatment? And whether it is a ovarian cancer? Please do reply ASAP.
I am smoking for around 4 years per day I would smoke 10 to 15 cegirates now I want to stop smoking so I need some advice to quit smoking and how to clean my lungs for clearing the tar and life a healthy life and also I need some home remedies to reduce my belly fat.
Hi my weight is 75 kg and height 5'4" I am 13 weeks post c section and a breast feeding mother. What should be my calorie intake for a day to avoid gaining weight and yet not compromise on feed. I burn 300 calories a day through walking.
Hello. I'm losing my strength day by day, time to time taking food also but don't know wats happening, at the end of day I'm very tired. Please help me to come out from this problem.
Its hard for me to have food specially boiled food. The food quality I prefer or take is good but still the problems are there. High pressure sometimes makes it hard to handle. So give me some advice regarding this food list to have for better health. Diabetic things are most problematic in life. Food and habitat meet it and make our life. Thanking you sir if you see the situation and problems.
Imbalance in the hormones is the primary cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The polycystic ovarian syndrome may result in an enlarged ovary with accumulated fluids. This disorder may lead to various changes in your appearance.
The various symptoms of this disorder are:
- Acne: This disorder may cause or aggravate acne on your skin (learn more about acne problem)
- Abnormal periods: You may face irregularities in your periods as the intervals between periods may extend for more than 35 days or heavy periods.
- Excess androgen: The male hormone known as androgen may increase in the female body which results in facial hair and excessive body hair. It may also cause acne.
- Hair loss: This syndrome may lead to thinning of hair on the scalp and thus, resulting in hair loss (know more Ways to Deal With Hair Loss)
- Enlarged ovaries: The ovaries may be enlarged with various fluid filled sacs.
The various causes of polycystic ovarian syndrome are:
- Low-grade inflammation: The body's immune system produces various substances that fight foreign infections in the body. If you are affected by the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then you are more likely to be affected by inflammation which causes androgen production in the body.
- Heredity: If someone in your family has this disorder then you are more likely to be affected by this disease.
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that allows the cells the body to produce energy in the body. You may experience insulin resistance which means energy production in the body may be hampered. It may also lead to increased androgen production which may impair the ovaries’ ovulation ability.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome may lead to various complications in the body:
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- It may increase chances of cardiovascular diseases as it may lead to metabolic syndrome
- It may lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You may experience heavy bleeding in the uterine region
- It may lead to complications in the cholesterol levels in the body
I have hypothyroidism. And tsh 13.4 My weight is increasing. And I failed to resist it. What should I do? My height is 5 feet. My weight has increased 7 kgs within a month. Please suggest me my diet.
I am 29 year old male. Recently got married in july-14. I have gained my wieght allot after marriage. I was 68 kgs before and now I am 82. Can I get some advice to reduce weight?
1. तारपीन: कमर तक गुनगुने पानी में बैठे और पेडू (नाभि) पर सेक करने के बाद तारपीन के तेल की मालिश करने से मासिक-धर्म की पीड़ा नष्ट हो जाती है।
2. बबूल: लगभग 250 ग्राम बबूल की छाल को जौकूट यानी पीसकर 2 लीटर पानी में पकाकर काढ़ा बना लें। जब यह 500 मिलीलीटर की मात्रा में रह जाए तो योनि में पिचकारी देने से मासिक-धर्म जारी हो जाता है और उसकी पीड़ा भी शान्त हो जाती है।
3. कालीमिर्च: कालीमिर्च एक ग्राम, रीठे का चूर्ण 3 ग्राम दोनों को कूटकर जल के साथ सेवन करने से आर्तव (माहवारी) की पीड़ा (दर्द) नष्ट हो जाती है।
4. अजवायन: अजवायन, पोदीना, इलायची व सौंफ इन चारों का रस समान मात्रा में लेकर लगभग 50 ग्राम की मात्रा में मासिकस्राव के समय पीने से आर्तव (माहवारी) की पीड़ा नष्ट हो जाती है।
5. रीठा: मासिकस्राव के बाद वायु का प्रकोप होने से स्त्रियों का मस्तिष्क शून्य हो जाता है। आंखों के आगे अंधकार छा जाता है। दांतों की बत्तीसी भिड़ जाती है। इस समय रीठे को पानी में घिसकर झाग (फेन) बनाकर आंखों में अंजन लगाने से तुरन्त वायु का असर दूर होकर स्त्री स्वस्थ हो जाती है।
6. मूली: जब मासिक-धर्म खुलकर न आए तब ऐसी दशा में मूली के बीजों का चूर्ण 4-4 ग्राम की मात्रा में सुबह, दोपहर और शाम सेवन करें। यदि मासिक धर्म बंद हो गया हो, कई महीनों से नहीं आया हो तो मूली, सोया, मेथी और गाजर के बीजों को समान मात्रा में लेकर 4-4 ग्राम की मात्रा में खाकर ऊपर से ताजा पानी पीने से बंद मासिक धर्म खुलकर आता है। मासिक धर्म की कमी के कारण यदि मुंहासे निकलते हों तो प्रात:समय पत्तों सहित एक मूली रोजाना खाएं।
मूली रज (मासिक-धर्म) और वीर्य पुष्ट करती है। श्वेत प्रदर के रोग को दूर करने में भी यह सहायक है।
7. अदरक: मासिक-धर्म के कष्ट में सोंठ और पुराने गुड़ का काढ़ा बनाकर रोगी को पिलाना लाभकारी होता है। ध्यान रहे कि ठण्डे पानी और खट्टी चीजों से परहेज रखें।
8. मेथी: रजोनिवृति के रोग में मेथी को खाने से लाभ मिलता है।
9. गुड़हल: 6-12 ग्राम गुड़हल के फलों का चूर्ण कांजी के साथ दिन में 2 बार सेवन करने से मासिक-धर्म की परेशानी दूर हो जाती है।
10. केसर: लगभग 1 ग्राम का चौथा भाग केसर को दूध में मिलाकर दिन में 2 से 3 बार पीने से मासिक-धर्म के समय दर्द में आराम मिलता है।
11. भांग: मासिक-धर्म के आने से पहले पेट को शुद्ध कर देना चाहिए, फिर गांजा को दिन में 3 बार देते रहने पर माहवारी (मासिक-धर्म) के समय दर्द कम हो जाता है और मासिक-धर्म भी नियमित होने लगता है।
Have you ever faced difficulty or experienced severe pain while defecation? Well, this is a widespread phenomenon amongst many, but most of them feel shy to discuss this problem. Different People differently understand the term Piles. For some, it is the name given to the uneasiness or pain that one feels during defecation and for others, it might be blood found along with feces. This notion is partially correct. Piles, also known as Hemorrhoids, are vascular structures that are present in the anal canal.
These vascular structures are like cushions that help with stool control. The problem arises when these structures become swollen. Post inflammation of hemorrhoids leads to the ultimate problem. Piles become painful which is unbearable for many while a few people don’t feel much pain but bleeding characterizes the disease. Around 10% of patients having Piles problem require surgical treatment, but they are unaware of the measures needed before opting for a hemorrhoid surgery.
The operation that is used to remove hemorrhoids is known as Hemorrhoidectomy. In this surgery, a local or general anesthesia is given to the patient so that the affected area gets numb and the patient doesn’t feel much pain. The doctors make perform a procedure around the anus to get rid of the hemorrhoids. As the anus area is susceptible, stitches might be required. Patients can go home the same day, but intensive care is needed. It might take around two weeks to get normal, in some cases, it may also extend to 6 weeks.
Cure Piles in 15 Minutes (BIEM)-
‘Biological Impendence Electrical auto-Measurement’ (BIEM) concept is a smart and advanced technology that able to produce controlled ‘tissues fusion’ without causing any carbonation. This technology is being aggressively develop and incorporated into the variety of modern surgery.
The major advantages of this technology is no bleeding, no open wound, no risk of infection and less pain as the nerve fibers is sealed in the tissues fusion. The new tissues growth will take place from inside and the dry and hard zone will take off itself when tissues healed up.
Measures to be taken post hemorrhoid surgery
The surgery is extremely safe, however, like all surgeries, there are certain precautions that need to be taken in order to avoid post-op infection or reaction to anesthesia. People mostly complain about the severe pain that they feel while defecating and might also be accompanied by irritation or itchiness in the treated area. These symptoms are normal, but if the irritation or itchiness becomes severe or excessive bleeding becomes frequent, then consult your doctor immediately.
Fever or difficulty while defecating should also be reported to the doctor if it continues to be a problem after surgery. For the recovery phase, your doctor might prescribe the use of some pain killers along with the usage of some stool softeners. Taking a warm bath might also lower down the pain.
Usually, the doctors prescribe a healthy diet before and after hemorrhoidectomy surgery. But the measures might differ from case to case. A few common after and before care measures include diet changes, lifestyle changes, and adopting a regular exercise program. These three steps will not only help in speedy recovery but also reduce the chances of hemorrhoids recurring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Here are 6 amazing black pepper benefits:
1. To prevent cancer: the piperine in black pepper can be credited with the prevention of cancer, and becomes twice as potent when combined with turmeric. The spice also has vitamin c, vitamin a, flavonoids, carotenes and other anti-oxidants that help remove harmful free radicals and protect the body from cancers and diseases. The best way to eat pepper to harness maximum benefits is to eat freshly ground pepper, and not cook it along with food.
2. Stimulates digestion: again, the piperine in black pepper eases digestion and stimulates the stomach, which then secretes more hydrochloric acid that helps to digest proteins in food. So a bit of pepper in food will actually help you to digest it faster.
3. Relieves cold and cough: black pepper is antibacterial in nature, and therefore helps to cure cold and cough. A teaspoon of honey with freshly crushed pepper does the trick. It also helps to alleviate chest congestion, often caused due to pollution, flu, or a viral infection. You can add it to hot water and eucalyptus oil and take steam. And given that black pepper is rich in vitamin c, it also works as a good antibiotic.
4. Enables weight loss: black pepper is brilliant when it comes to extracting nutrients from food. And it's outermost layer contains phytonutrients, which helps to break down fat cells, and also increases metabolism. If you eat fresh pepper, and begin to perspire, that's the pepper helping your body to get rid of excess water and toxins. But you need to control consumption - a pinch with your food (one meal) is enough.
5. Improves skin: it enables blood circulation, and provides the skin with more oxygen. Adding it to your food also takes care of unwarranted skin wrinkles. Black pepper is known to help in the cure of vitiligo, a condition where the skin loses pigmentation, and creates white patches.
6. Addresses depression: the piperine in black pepper helps to deal with depression. It stimulates the brain, and helps it to function properly by making it more active.