Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Pooja ThackerYour feedback matters!
What does ketosis consist of. Is it the ideal way for weight reduction. How long will it take to reduce weight. From 90 kg to 75 kg.
Home base exercise for weight loss. Also I am pure vegetarian. But still having weight problem. What should I do.?
I have a desk job and in the last 2 year, my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs. I want to lose weight. Please help.
My husband got blood sugar tested. It is fasting 82 and post meal is 111. His hba1c is 6.4.can you pls tell whether he is diabetic or normal.
I have a vegetarian with a decent diet but am unable to gain weight. Can you suggest alternative methods.
I am diabetic for last ten years and I am on Allopathic medicine. Suggest me some Ayurvedic medicine to control Sugar level. My present level of fasting sugar is 140.
I'm 22 years aged man, i'm doing body building from 3 months. Can you say is glutamin useful for body building or harm full if it is can please you recommend the dosage and how it is available in the markets.
Proper diet and nutrition is very important specially when you are working out. Without proper diet you will not gain muscles and all your exercise will ends in cramps and lean body.
I am giving you a schedule which if followed can be very benificial for new gym goers.whcih are as follows:
1 cup plain cooked oatmeal, 4 large whole eggs, large sliced banana, 1-3 g of HMB (Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate -- is a naturally produced substance in humans that is used as dietary supplement and as an ingredient in some medical food products)
Mid morning Snack
3-4 slices turkey breast, 2-3 slices whole bread, mustard, lettuce, 2 low fat cheese, A fruit
2 cups pasta, 1 cup broccoli, 6 oz. lean ground beef
2 slices whole wheat bread, ½ avocado, ½ can albacore tuna
2 slices whole wheat bread, 20 g protein shake (whey or whey/casein) with 3-5 g creatine, 1-3 g HMB, 3-5 g creatine
20-40 g of protein shake(whey or whey/casein) with 3-5 g of creatine, 32 oz. sports drink, 1-3 g HMB, 3-5 g creatine
8 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, baked sweet potato(large)
1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 2-3 tbsp. peanut butter, 1-3 g HMB
Also note the following -- In case you are not gymming, cut out the calories mentioned here as you probably will never burn them off.
- Drink a full glass each of water after waking up in the morning, about 15 minutes before each meal, and before and after workouts. DO NOT drink water DURING meals. Try to drink more than 1.5 litres of water every day.
- Break up your meals into five or more mini meals. For those wanting to shed some pounds, limit each meal to 300 calories for women and 400 calories for men. Breakfast within 30 min after waking up. Plan your meals in such a way that your routine life is not compromised, you stay fresh and energetic throughout the day and you don’t rush for fast food.
- The key is to increase the intake of protein and complex carbohydrates without increasing fat. Forget the pastries, cakes, burgers, pizza and fries. For an intense workout with weights, try a high protein diet. Whey powder, meat, chicken, eggs, skimmed toned milk, cheese, yogurt, soy milk are rich in protein. These help build muscle mass. Starch rich foods like bread, rice, chapattis, parathas etc. are best before exercise. Post workout, it is best to stick to fruit juices, smoothies and other simple sugar containing food like fruits, bananas etc. All carbohydrates are converted to glucose in the body before any energy can be derived from them. Save your body some effort by eliminating this tiresome process after a grueling gym routine.
- Write down in your diary any new tips you learnt, any new exercises that you tried and whatever resolutions you want to make for your fitness routine. Track what you eat and the amount of calories it is likely to contain. Put it on paper. This will help you to burn off what you took in.
I think this will help you all..
I was suffering from fever for last 3-4 days but now the fever is ok but I am feeling weakness. What is the cure for this weakness.
Actually mujhe TB hua tha us time mera weight kam ho gya tha and ab mera weight 54 kg hai mai apna weight Kaise gain karu please suggest me.
Will vitamin D save my life? Should I really be taking four times the recommended daily dose? Will it safe to take daily?
I am 19 years old male. I am suffering from low weight. I m very thin. My weight is less than 50 kgs. What ti do?
Low heart rate is good for health or not can you give me some tips about heart or exercise which make healthy heart and fit body maximum and minimum range of heart beats of indian peoples.
I do lots masturbation and I can't control myself to do its my face so dull and I loss my weight 5 kg what I do.
If you are suffering from burning pain or tingling sensation in hands or feet; sharp shooting pain in legs; numbness in hands or feet, then you might be suffering from Neuropathic pain.
What is neuropathic pain?
Neuropathic pain is a special type of pain which occurs when there is damage to nerve fibers,which produces tingling or burning type of pain.It is of two types:
1. Peripheral Neuropathic pain: It occurs when there is injury to peripheral nerve fibers (A-delta or C-fibers)which carries pain sensation to brain (Thalamus) for interpretation.
2. Central Neuropathic pain: It occurs due to sensitization of central pain interpreting mechanisms (Thalamus) to falsely feel pain, when peripheral nerve fibers are no longer sending pain impulses to them.
Worldwide-estimates of prevalence of neuropathic pain are 7% i.e. 7 persons out of 100 people are suffering from different types of neuropathic pain.
a.Tingling sensation or feeling of ants crawling under skin
c. Sharp shooting pain or electric current-like sensation
d. Stabbing pain
e. Dull pain with numbness or heaviness
Reasons for neuropathic pain:
1. Diabetes mellitus: Most common cause worldwide due to uncontrolled blood sugar levels, causing damage to nerve fibers.
2. Alcohol consumption/Cigarette smoking: Damage to nerve fibers or damage to blood vessels supplying nerve fibers.
3. Neck pain/Low Back pain/ Glutei pain
4. Vit. B12 deficiency
5. Chemotherapy for cancer patients
6. Post-Herpes virus infection
7. Post-Spine surgery
9. Diseases like Spinal cord injury,multiple sclerosis, HIV, Lead toxicity, etc.
a. Carpal tunnel syndrome: Tingling, burning sensation in hand which occurs due to compression of median nerve in wrist area. It occurs in women especially due to pregnancy, hypothyroidism,diabetes, etc. and in men due to improper position of wrist during working on computers.
b. Cervical Radiculopathy: Pain in neck and shoulder region (which increases with neck movements), along with sharpshooting pain radiating from neck to hand occurs in cases of cervical radiculopathy. This is due to compression of cervical nerve root by disc prolapse, facet subluxation, muscle spasm, trauma,etc.
c. Lumbar Radiculopathy: Pain in lower back or glutei region with sharp shooting pain radiating from hip to leg/foot region, occurs in cases of Lumbar radiculopathy or Sciatica. This is due to compression of lumbar nerve root or sciatic nerve by disc prolapse, facet joint, trauma, hypertrophied ligamentum flavum, piriformis syndrome, etc.
d. Meralgia paresthetica: Tingling or burning sensation in front of thigh, occurs due to compression of lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh, near waist region. Usual causes are tight or constrictive clothing at waist region, prolonged sitting, protuberant abdomen,etc.
Prevention of Neuropathy:
a. AVOID Alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking.
b. Maintain ideal body weight / BMI (Body mass index)
c. Life-style changes: Daily exercises (>30 minutes per day) or brisk walking or swimming; Avoid prolonged sitting or standing (>30 minutes).
d. Food/Diet should have following components:
- Green vegetables e.g. spinach, fenugreek leaves (methi), radish,etc.
- Coloured vegetables e.g. Tomato, carrot, Capsicum (green/red), ladies-finger (bhindi).
- Milk products e.g.Milk, buttermilk, curd, cheese (paneer)
- Protein-rich foods e.g. Fish, egg, chicken, pulses(daal)
- Fiber-rich foods e.g. Bran, oats, Brown-rice.
- Fruits e.g. Apple, orange, guava, papaya, pomegranate, Berries.
e. Blood sugar control (in diabetics)
f. Care of feet:
- Regular inspection of feet (with mirror).
- Comfortable,well-fitted shoes.
- Regularconsultation with podiatrist.
- Treatmentof wounds, foot deformities
g. Adequate sleep
h. Warm water bath (increases blood flow to affected area)
- Consult Pain medicine specialist.
- Neuropathic pain killers e.g. Amitriptyllline, Pregabalin, Gabapentin, capsaicin,Duloxetine, etc.
- Vit.B12 supplements, Anti-oxidants, multi-vitamins.