Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
My husband is addicted of alcohol and tobacco from many years at least more than 10. He becomes a different person after having more of it. His mother used to brush her teeth with the tobacco powder. From there I think he has developed the habit. Is there any thing to get rid of it.
I am getting angry for small things and I am always feel leave me alone and not interested to mingle to people. My body looking very weeknes how to make strong body. I am afraid of small things.
I lost somebody close last year and since feel very depressed and prefer to keeping myself all the time. Please help me.
Hello I am sagar of 19 I usually smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes a day . I did smoking from past 2 months . All I want to know is I am feeling a little pain in my chest , in the middle of the chest . The pain is felt in the bone ,in the middle of the chest from where ribs starts. Please suggest me any measure or is that is any symptoms of any health related problem ! And another question is . Is there any risk of developing lungs cancer ? And also tell me the exercise to neglect the effects of smoking without giving it up. thanks Sagar Srivastav.
Hi I am 29 years old woman, 4 years back I got married, initially we both were very happy with each others company, after 3 months I got conceived. Since then he started rejecting me. But i'm not able to understand the reason. He never allow me to touch his phone. He has lots of girl friends. Accidentally if I see his phone there will be a chat with his friends, he never talk to me with love and care. I am getting dipressed day by day. He loves his mother. My mom and his mom were childhood friends. I think he married me for the sake of his mother, but what right he has to disturb my life. He will never change but want to live happyly in all conditions.
I have been taking Escitalopram 10 mg for last 2 months. It has affected my will to work (lost interest in work) and libido. What are the alternatives?
I am 40 years female, I have two daughter one is completed graduation just now and another passed madhyamik. My tension for education of both and other hand ist daughter fallen love with a boy which I dislike.
Doctors, I am learning in 12 th now. I go for studies in library near my village. I wake up at 5 am and go to study at 6 a.m with enough breakfast of banana milk, carrots.i study upto 11 am then come back again have lunch and go to study at 1 pm to 5 pm. Then I come to home at 5.30 get fresh and have little breakfast same as morning. At midday I get a powernap. My problem is that, I feel very weak and tired at afternoon time and after a powernap. At morning I feel fresh and relax but after 12 pm my energy become dull. I become unable to study properly. I am physically not well so. What should I do then? My family doctor has suggested me to take TRINERGC tab at every night as a tonic. So what you would suggested me? And which energy drink I should prefer if I want to? Should I take revital age tab? Is it ok for me? Please guide me.
I have appeared in the exam of jee mains and unfortunately I can not clear it. There was only a difference of 7 marks between the exam cut off and my marks. Now I am feeling depressed. Help me.
When you get a compliment, 'smart thinking or you are intelligent or that was intelligent of you', you definitely feel good. These comments fill us with confidence, admiration and pride and we want it to happen to us again and again. But owing to a busy schedule and long working hours it might not be possible. Having said this, it does not mean that a person cannot stay intelligent throughout. This can be easily achieved by regular meditation. Regular meditation and yoga helps the mind to be more reflective and efficient.
Here are reasons how yoga and meditation lead to an intellectual learning and growth:
- Utilizes the brain: Almost everyone uses one half of their brain more and this leads to imbalance. Meditation is believed to sync the left and the right hemispheres, thereby allowing neural connection and great processing power. When logical left and creative right brains start working in harmony, then solving problems becomes easy; and it also increases creativity, deep thinking comes to be known of and concentration and focus magnifies. Highly successful people usually display whole brain synchronization.
- Functional capabilities of brain enhance due to meditation: Research backs it that meditation increases the gray matter thickness of the brain regions, thus making the brain smarter, bigger and faster. This is very similar to doing physical exercise which makes the muscles denser and stronger. The increase in Functional Capabilities of brain is based on the concept of neuroplasticity, which states that our intelligence is not based on genetics and there are some things which can be done to improve the way our brain works. Meditation is a good brain enhancer with an ability to increase intelligence.
- Beneficial brainwave patterns can be seen: Meditation can help to guide the brainwaves into beneficial frequencies. The frequencies: alpha, theta and delta when guided can show case a myriad of benefits including idea generation, creativity, cognitive functioning, and intellectual capacity. Meditation helps to transform these beneficial states of mind and help boost the IQ.
- Develops intuition and insights: These are generally obtained through listening and developing to the inner voice. Thus meditation forms to be the basic key to tap these latent abilities. The intelligence can be mapped through tests and quizzes and is valuable at each level to stimulate insights and creativity. As per some people, inner intelligence, is considered to be the most important and best success in the world. Successful people including Steve Jobs have stated that their super revolutionary ideas and business acumen came through their intuition.
- Meditation helps in improving both short and long term memory: The key memory areas hippocampus and frontal lobe show increase in activity during meditation. By stimulating these areas, the short and long term memories are improved.