Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Ms. Nazreen Shaikh

Psychologist, Mumbai

Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Dr. Ms. Nazreen Shaikh Psychologist, Mumbai
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Ms. Nazreen Shaikh
Dr. Ms. Nazreen Shaikh is a renowned Psychologist in Vikhroli East, Mumbai. You can consult Dr. Ms. Nazreen Shaikh at Dr. Ms. Nazreen Shaikh@Godrej Memorial Hospital in Vikhroli East, Mumbai. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Ms. Nazreen Shaikh on

Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Nazreen Shaikh

Godrej Memorial Hospital

Pirojsha Nagar, Vikhroli East Landmark : Opposite Godrej Towers & Near Vikhroli Railway StationMumbai Get Directions
View All


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Nazreen Shaikh

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

My father's prostate has enlarged. What should he eat and what he should not eat. Please help. His age 78. He has blood sugar 180 pp mg /dl. And now also facing problem with speak.

General Physician, Mumbai
My father's prostate has enlarged. What should he eat and what he should not eat. Please help. His age 78. He has blo...
Few tips on diet say no to maida items like toast, khaari, naan, white bread. Can drink tea but without sugar say no to buffalo milk and can drink cows milk can eat brown bread can eat sprout's can eat green vegetables, can eat chappati, bajra ka rotla can eat one katori of rice twice a day with dal to avoid farsan food items can eat fruits say no to coconut water.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I feeling depressed and inferior by over thinking about the situation. How can be strong and overcome this situation.

MBBS, MD Psychiatry, DNB Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Nagpur
I feeling depressed and inferior by over thinking about the situation. How can be strong and overcome this situation.
Lybrate-user. Feeling depressed due to situations in life may be due to poor adaptive skills or inability to deal with stressful situation. This could be due to sveral reasons including generalised anxiety or depresion. If you feel that the anxiety is uncontrollable and you continue feeling depressed for last 15 days or more, visit me. You might need an anxiolytic and antidepressant along with counseling for few weeks. Good luck.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, i am 24 years old, I'm addicted to internet. I'm using iy quite often. Due to to this I'm unable to concentrate on studious. How to overcome from this?

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear lybrate-user. I can understand. The present addiction to internet has been created by yourself and therefore you have to force yourself out of the habit. Promise yourself that you will not use the phone for any other purpose than calling. Divert your attention towards other engaging activities like physical exercises, games, entertainment, being with friends, hobbies. Etc. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I want to concentrate my mind on one thing. But I m unable. How can I concentrate mind?

Post graduate in counselling psychology
Difficulty concentrating is a normal and periodic occurrence for most people. Tiredness and emotional stress can cause concentration problems in most people. Hormonal changes at your age can also affect your thinking and concentration capabilities for some time. However if you are suffering from an excessive degree of concentration problem then you should consult an expert. There are certain psychological conditions that cause concentration problems too, like attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), bipolar disorder (bpd).
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi i am a 37 yrs old lady working as a accountant in a pvt. Firm i have lot of work pressure at home and in office, sometimes i feel broken. Thr is not co-operation with my partner and colleagues. Sometimes i cry a lot when iam alone. Iam going through a bad time. Please help me.

BHARAT JYOTI, MRACGP, INCEPTOR, MD-PhD, MD - Psychiatry, FIPS, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE), DPM, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Bangalore
Please contact me regarding the same for a discussion over phone / 09845033734/ Please contact Lybrate and Pay Rs 500,service fee.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a pure Indian vegetarian. I weight nearly 89kgs. I have low appetite but even the minimum I eat is more of junk food (Cheese toast etc.) I have pizza, pastas once a month at the max. I drink nearly 3-4 litres water a day excluding my cups of green tea and freshly squeezed fruit juices. I feel full and make sure I never starve. Along with all this, I am recently working out, it's stressful since I'm on the heavier side but no complaints to working out, I actually enjoy it. Unfortunately the minute I consume even a small quantity of junk, I feel heavy and my weight goes up instantly. Is there something I'm missing in my diet or my lifestyle? Why is that a small quantity of junk makes all my efforts useless? Please advice.

Vaidya Visharad
Sexologist, Narnaul
I am a pure Indian vegetarian. I weight nearly 89kgs. I have low appetite but even the minimum I eat is more of junk ...
Go for an evening walk. Don't get me wrong — exercising at any time is good for you. But evening activity may be particularly beneficial because many people's metabolism slows down toward the end of the day. Thirty minutes of aerobic activity before dinner increases your metabolic rate and may keep it elevated for another two or three hours, even after you've stopped moving. What that means for you: Those dinner calories have less of a chance to take up permanent residence on your hips.

I'm 34year female my problem is high and low b/p are up and stress in my mind. Pain are so much in head please give me advice.

M.Sc - Psychology, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Kangra
I'm 34year female my problem is high and low b/p are up and stress in my mind. Pain are so much in head please give m...
u r suffering from two disease one is hypertension and other is tension type headache.i would advise you to go for fasting blood sugar, lipid, rftand thyroid function test. reduce salt and fat in your diet ,take brisk walk 30 min everyday...if still ur b.p is high u need antihypertensives...for tension type headache i can prescribe u meds if u want...good luck
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, my 5 years son is hyperactive and he got angry many times he make loud noise every time, from 2 months he started to speak single word like water, chabhi,toy but cannot make sentence he is not able to make friends in class he is not seating in class or home for more than 5 min. Pls advice how to calm him & make matchure like other kids of same age.

MS - Counselling and Psychotherapy, Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, Bachelor of Arts - Psychology and English Literature
Psychologist, Coimbatore
Hi lybrate-user First of all do not pressurize your son by asking or demanding him to be quiet or demanding him to behave like other kids. Try to control him only during emergency situation for his safety as well as for others. Otherwise let him be his oewn self nothing wrong. Kids will change in the due course of time. First of all adults or family members stop arguing or fighting in front of him, try to avoid as possible as you can, try to control your emotions as well, and try to be as social, loving, polite and kind to others in front of him, bcoz the first role model for kids are their parents, then their siblings, uncle, aunt, and other relatives. Try to maintain, peace and harmony at home. Try to bring in a warm atmosphere at home. You can definitely advise your son regarding the same when he comes to you and sits next to you more affectionately, that is the perfect time to teach him how to behave, good and how to avoid bad qualities. They will definitely register the same even though they appear to have not listened to you in due course they will change. Do not worry. Be polite and loving to kids. If you need further assistance you can contact me either through text chat or online consultation yes you are most welcome. With regards
Submit FeedbackFeedback

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
For Stress Free Life

Do Spent At least 15 to 20 minutes per day in Regular Timings for Meditation in calm sitting thinking of divine or ur loved one in Positive Manners and Relaxation Techniques like Breathing Exercises For about 10 minutes and good smile and planning the things to do in order may keep Stress Free Life in Routine
18 people found this helpful

Hi doctor, My father had a habit drinking alcohol daily evening. How to stop him from drinking without knowing to him?

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
Not at all possible. Ideally, the person who is an addicted must want to quit himself. If he is not willing he has not reached'Rock Bottom' in his habit, which is the worst condition before one is willing to give up. Ideally, your father should want to give up alcohol himself to begin with. If not, it is going to be an uphill task and to the most part impossible. However, you should not be in want of trying. If he is unwilling to seek help, he needs to be admitted to a rehabilitation center for at least 6 months. If not, there are centers who will come and pick him up when he is drunk, when his resistance will be ineffective. This will require mom's permission and written consent. After your dad returns from therapy, there will be a lot of follow-ups, both in the house and in his daily activities that must be meticulously adhered to. There is a medicine called Disulfiram, which only the doctor can prescribe, and it is very powerful that even if he attempts to drink a small quantity, he can have serious reactions that may sometimes entail hospitalization. You have to monitor his intake of the medicine and keep a close watch on him. He also has to go for regular counseling for at least three years! Apart from his health, he will also affect the family and all his children will carry genetic factors for alcoholism. If he is into business or working, he will soon not be able to continue and he will go into financial ruin. He will lose all his friends and become ostracized by his society. He will lose his dignity, self-esteem, self-confidence, and become a misfit. He will also lose his sexual capacity, liver function, heart function, kidney etc. Now it is difficult to give up because he has become addicted to alcohol for some time and has a lot to do. The consumption of Antabuse has to be carefully monitored to see that he not only consumes the medication but is also avoiding alcohol. Ultimately, it is his will power and the support that he receives from the medical fraternity and his close and dear ones. He must also learn to substitute and deal with the oral need, a rigid value system, the script issue, and of course take a look at all the genetic factors to plan a strategy not to get into what is called ‘cross addictions’ i. E. Another form of addiction that may appear alright but is in fact as bad as the primary addiction. The center or hospital and the counselor will advise and guide him on several measures and precautions he will need to take to stay with his resolve. Even after the rehabilitation he must attend AA meetings and continue this support for a long time. The family will also need to attend some sessions and go for Al-anon meetings for their co-dependency issues. He cannot be treated in isolation because the family has gotten used to his drinking and have made some unhealthy adaptations to somehow cope. The children, including you and whoever else is there, will also have to attend meetings to work out their issues because of the father’s habit. In fact, they are all suffering from the Adult Children Of Alcoholics Syndrome (ACOAs), which in effect means that you are genetically predisposed to alcoholism or can have cross addiction problems and that you will have similar traits of the abusing alcoholic but in a milder form. There are special support groups for them all over the world. Should they touch or indulge in alcohol or any addictive substances or behaviors, they could also become full-fledged addicts themselves. Now you should not give up on him but neither should you harass him. Be continuously after him and in the end, you will succeed.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(10 ratings)

Mr. Guruprasad Shivakamat

Masters In Psychology , CBT - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy , REBT Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, BArch
ActionPlan Therapy Churchgate center (churchgate ), 
1000 at clinic
Book Appointment
(109 ratings)

Mrs. Chhaya Jain

M.Sc - Applied Psychology, Advanced Diploma In Counselling Psychology
Sion Poly Clinic, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(298 ratings)

Ms. Dipal Mehta

MA - Clinical Psychology, P.G. Diploma in Guidance and Counseling, BA In Psychology
V Care Polyclinic, 
500 at clinic
Book Appointment
(68 ratings)

Dr. Deepali Ajinkya

MSC Psychotherapy & Counselling, CHt Hypnotherapy, MD Alternative Medicine, MBBS, Diploma in Public Health
SMC Medical Center, 
500 at clinic
Book Appointment
(32 ratings)

Dr. Mahima Bhomavat Innani

MA - Psychology, Certificate Course In Application of Counselling Therapies
Wavelength -Away from the Blues, 
200 at clinic
Book Appointment
(24 ratings)

Dr. Keerti Sachdeva

Ph.D - Child Psychology -, M.Phil. Educational Psychology, MSc. Child Psychology , B.Sc
Positive Vibrations, 
500 at clinic
Book Appointment