Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Monika K KYour feedback matters!
If a girl is having stone at her stomach then after she get pregnant by the time will that stone create any problem at a time of delivery.
My friend take tablets fertyl m 3 - 7 days and gestin for 16 - 25 days. After missing periods for 4 days she takes pregnancy test by morning urine. But result is negative. What should she do? Kindly guide if it is any side effects of the medicine?
I am 32 years old, unmarried. What are the chances for pregnancy after 2 years? After intercourse can I wait for 2 years at least for pregnancy? Please explain me this?
Yesterday I went a massage parlour I am naked and girl wear a short I am rub my penis to her back hips or vagina out side of shorts and release my sperm outside of shorts I am worry this things can hiv or std no intercourse please help me.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease caused due to intolerance to the protein called gluten found in common foods like wheat, barley, and rye. The exact reason for the disease is not known, but gluten attacks the small finger-like projections in the intestine called the villi, which help absorb nutrients during the digestion, leading to malnourishment.
Onset of the disease is usually once the child has started on solid foods and can include diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, underweight, skin rashes, anemia, mouth sores, etc. Diagnosis usually happens with a detailed discussion and checking the level of antibodies against gluten in the blood. In rare cases, an intestinal biopsy may also be required. Once confirmed, the following are ways to manage celiac disease.
Dietary changes: Avoiding gluten-containing foods is the first step to treating celiac disease. These are common food substances like wheat and barley. In some cases, the entire family may choose to or need to take this diet, just to provide moral support to the child.
- Breads, cakes (made from wheat)
- Creamed or breaded vegetables
- Processed meats
- Dry roasted nuts (as agents used in processing could have wheat)
- Fried chicken
- French fries (that are coated in flour)
- Spreads, soft cheeses, and dips
- Salad dressings
- Gravies and sauces (including some tomato and meat sauces)
- Soup mixes and canned soups
- Crab or other seafood
- Malt or malt-flavored drinks (usually made from barley)
- Modified food starch (modified corn starch is OK; modified wheat starch is not)
- Nondairy creamer
- Soy sauce and soy sauce solids (may be fermented with wheat)
- Wheat-free products (may contain barley or rye flour)
- Yogurts containing wheat starch
Read the labels of foods to ensure they are free of gluten. Organic/natural food stores and health food stores contain wide range of gluten-free products that can be used with minimal effect on the child's food habits.
Eating out: Just because the child has celiac disease, eating out is not ruled out. Carefully choosing what to eat is suggested. Also, letting the chef know is a good idea, as most chefs will prepare something safer for the child.
Cross-contamination: Avoid cross-contamination: In schools or in cases where the child could potentially eat from other children's boxes, make sure the child is well informed and ensure he does not eat from other kids' lunch boxes. It is also a good idea to keep the class teacher and a couple of his close friends informed of the child's condition.
Most children are easy to educate and adapt well to the changes required, knowing very well that it is for their own good.
I am 17 years old female. My weight is increasing too much fastly. Many precaution I tried but nothing helped me. Even I'm getting frustrated day by day what can I do now, what disease I'm suffering from?
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium.
I have miss my period for 45 days and urine test of pregnancy show result positive but I want to do abortion by taking pills. Please suggest medicine and procedure of taking it.
I am trying for a child, not successful since 2 months, my last period was not heavy, had brown discharge for 6 days, is it concerning. And what is the best way to conceive baby ASAP.
I am 10 weeks pregnant. Had my first ultrasound on 29 Oct which showed I am 9 weeks 4 days. Visited my doc the same day. She gave prescription and said to visit again after a month but has not asked for any blood tests. Is it ok?
Hi my problem is that I had fungal infection in my vagina I don't know when it start I take too much antibiotics and vaginal cream also. Now I want to conceive please tell me how can .we are trying from 6 months but no positive result can I pregnant now or not. please help me.
My fiance is pregnant we can't tell our family members about this. So can abortion be done without letting any one know . And how much does it take. She is 2 month pregnant.
I have a problem with my menstrual cycle. It's regular but the flow I feel is very less as comparative to the secretions I used to have about a year before. I have never suffered from menstrual pain but the day since I'm not expelling properly, I have to suffer from pain every month. I'm also gaining weight with the same diet I used to have always. Is my weight gain is due to the menstrual problem mentioned above? How to get it confirmed and get rid of both the menstrual problem and the weight gain?
Health benefits of eggplant
1. Lower blood cholesterol absorption
2. Protect heart and arteries
3. Assist with stomach ulcer
4. Assist nerve condition
5. Prevent infection
6. High fibre content
7. Prevent cancer
8. Low in calories
9. Clean blood