Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Monika K K
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Monika K KYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my husband 2 days ago. Unfortunately during sex the condom broke. It was for a split second and he quickly changed the condom. But he is not sure weather he ejaculated or not. I do not want to take any contraceptive piles. What should I do?
Healthy living is the key to a happy life, there are plenty of ways to lead a healthy life. An effective one is to include kidney beans as a part of your diet because as per Ayurveda, legumes should be part of almost every meal of the day as they are a rich source of protein. Kidney beans as you must be aware is a type of bean that gets its name from its shape, which is like a kidney. These are readily found throughout the year both in dry as well as in canned form.
What health benefits do they offer?
With the help of the kidney beans, you can prepare many delicious dishes which you can enjoy and at the same time enjoy the health benefits as well. Kidney beans offer a lot of health benefits which are being discussed below.
- Excellent source of fiber: Kidney beans are an excellent source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Most importantly, the fiber present in the kidney beans helps in the lowering the level of cholesterol in the blood. According to Ayurveda, kidney beans are extremely helpful in the prevention of many disorders of the digestive system. It helps in keeping the digestive system absolutely clean and free of problems. In addition to this, the fiber content in kidney beans is extremely good for patients suffering from diabetes since it can keep the blood sugar under control.
- Good source of energy: Kidney beans help in the replenishment of iron in the body which is the integral component of hemoglobin in the blood. The iron is the key enzyme for the production of energy and metabolism in the body. Thus, kidney beans are an excellent source of energy. Moreover, kidney beans also promote the slow burning of the complex carbohydrates thereby providing energy to the body while stabilizing the level of sugar in the blood. These beans are also a good source of the trace mineral manganese which acts as the vital cofactor in energy production in the body.
- Good for heart and memory: Kidney beans contain significant amount magnesium and folate which helps in the lowering of homocysteine which reduces the risk of heart attack, peripheral vascular disease or stroke. The rich supply of magnesium in the kidney beans provide great benefits to our cardiovascular system. These beans are also rich in vitamin B1 or Thiamine which are extremely good for the brain cells and cognitive function.
Since kidney beans provide numerous such benefits, you can make it a part of your diet. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cucumber, scientific name Cucumis sativus, belonging to the plant family Cucurbitaceae, has been a winner from the word go. From hunger pangs to skin care, cucumber has never disappointed. While most of the people consider it a healthy practice to have the cucumber peeled before eating, the truth is just the opposite. The health benefits of unpeeled cucumber are beyond imagination. Unfortunately, not many people are aware of this. In this article, we will discuss the health benefits associated with unpeeled cucumber.
- Keep constipation and related problems at bay: If constipation has been giving you sleepless night, worry no more! The answer to all your problems lies in unpeeled cucumber. The cucumber peel is laden with insoluble fiber that goes a long way to improve the conditions of constipation and associated discomfort. For those with hardened stool, the inner part of the cucumber comes as a great relief. A rich source of soluble fiber, it works towards softening the stool. All in all, the unpeeled cucumber aids in preventing digestive and bowel related problems.
- An unpeeled cucumber a day keeps the ophthalmologist away: Not known to many, but the cucumber peel is an excellent source of Vitamin A (beta-carotene). For a healthy vision and eyesight, Vitamin A is important. When you peel the cucumber, the beta- carotene goes straight down the drain, a mistake that can cost you dearly.
- Get rid of the stubborn and unwanted fats: For those into dieting, hunger pangs and food cravings are inevitable. You feel like munching something at every short time interval without affecting the calorie content. An unpeeled cucumber is extremely low in calories (each slice containing ~ 1-2 g of calories). The next time, the hunger pangs come to haunt you, a slice or two of unpeeled cucumber is what you should munch on.
- Slows down the signs of skin aging: Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) comes as a blessing for the skin. It plays a pivotal role in reducing and slowing down the signs of skin aging by protecting the skin from the harmful oxidative damage. It also acts as a catalyst, accelerating the collagen production. The unpeeled cucumber, rather the cucumber peels are a rich source of ascorbic acid, peeling which you rob the skin of an essential vitamin.
- Source of important vitamins: The unpeeled cucumber is also an important source of Vitamin K or blood clotting factor. The health benefits of vitamin K are not new. In addition to regulating the clotting of blood during an injury, Vitamin K is also involved in the mineralization of the bone (thereby reducing bone loss and associated problems). It also ensures the healthy functioning of the brain and may be instrumental in avoiding certain types of cancer.
- Source of Minerals: The cucumber peels are also laden with magnesium, a mineral known for its benefits. From fighting insomnia and migraine related headaches to relieving muscle spasms, improving the digestion to soothing the nerves, magnesium does these all and a lot more.
With so many health benefits, the next time you eat a cucumber, make sure it is unpeeled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I don't bleed during period. I took i-pill two months back on the 5th day of my period.What can i do?
Why does it hurt during sex?
Painful intercourse can occur for a number of reasons – ranging from structural problems to psychological concerns. Women experience painful intercourse atleast once in their entire lifetime. The medical term for painful intercourse is dyspareunia. It is a persistent or recurrent genital pain that occurs just before, during or after intercourse. Physical causes of painful intercourse differ, depending on whether the pain occurs at entry or with deep thrusting. Also, certain emotional factors can also be probable causes of painful sex.
Pain during penetration may be associated with a range of factors:
1. Insufficient lubrication
Insufficient lubrication is caused by a drop in estrogen levels after menopause, after child birth or during breast feeding. Certain medications inhibit desire or arousal, decreasing lubrication and making sex painful. These include antidepressants, high blood pressure medications, sedatives and certain birth control pills.
2. Injury, trauma or irritation
This can be injury from an accident, pelvic surgery, female circumcision or cut made during childbirth.
3. Infection or skin disorder
Infection in the genital area or urinary tract can cause painful intercourse. Eczema or other skin problems in the genital area can also cause problem.
1. Certain illness and condition
These include endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine prolapse, retroverted uterus, cystitis, hemorrhoids and ovarian cysts.
2. Surgeries or medical treatment
Scarring from pelvic surgery can sometimes cause painful intercourse. Medical treatments for cancer, like radiation and chemotherapy can cause changes that make sex painful.
1. Psychological problems
Anxiety, depression, concerns about physical appearance, fear of intimacy can contribute to a low level of arousal, resulting in discomfort or pain during sexual activity.
2. Stress and tension
You may have a million things to worry about in a day, but taking that tension to bed with you can lead to painful sex. Your pelvic floor muscle tightens in response to stress in your life. This can contribute to pain during intercourse.
3. History of sexual abuse
If you've had a history of some form of sexual abuse or are scared of sex, pain during intercourse because of your past experience(s) may be a possible cause for an unpleasant sexual experience in the present.