Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Monika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MonikaYour feedback matters!
Sir. How can I get unwanted 72 pills. Did I need any medical prescription or not. Will it completely avoid her pregnancy?
On the 16th day of my period right ovary follicle are 19×15 mm, left ovary follicle are 8×7 mm and endometrium is 8.5 mm, triple layer seen ,culdesac fluid not seen so when will I ovulate to get pregnant soon.
Dear Dr, This question is on behalf of my wife. She is 27 year old (we been married for 1.5 months now). She got her usual period on Dec 27th and then we were flying to US on Jan 15th when she got a period which is less than 20 days. Now on Jan 31st she got very scanty light blood without further flow. Can you please advise on it. Thank you!
I am 29 year old and married for last three years. I am trying from last 10months but not able to get pergnent. My cycle of period is 31 days and regular. Kindly assist me.
Got married one and half month before, and June 4th period happen and July 6th next month period happen, but like earlier there was no bleeding, daily 2 or 3 drops for 6 days, and 7th day did pregnancy test and it was negative and my period time only nipple discharge started and still it's there, if not pregnant why that nipple discharge, can you please give me a solution for this.
I had sex with my girlfriend some days back but she didn't got her periods till now as her periods dates are normally between 10-14 and we had test on preganews also 2 times and it shows negative so what else it can be?
Hi Doctor I am taking primolut n tab to postpone my period hence I am having pooja at home. I got miscarriage on last of Nov in which I was 5th month pregnant. So we are keeping dis pooja for our future betterments. N I was planning to get conceive with the grace of god. But the question is can I take chance after I get period since I took that tab. Will that tab having any side effects? Or should I wait one more month n den try to get conceive?
The heat in summers can be dangerous. The heated summers bring along the medical conditions that need attention while enjoying sun-filled fun. It’s time to stock your cabinet with your summer arsenal. This year consider doing it with homeopathic preparations. They are safe, non-toxic with relatively simple guidelines for first aid use and equally effective for children and elders alike. The underlying principle of homeopathy involves taking a substance that can cause symptoms similar to those that a person is experiencing in illness.
The homeopathic remedies work rapidly to relieve pain, speed healing, and prevent infection. In addition, homeopathic treatments are safe, gentle, non-toxic, pleasant tasting and without side effects. In hot weather our body’s store of vital fluids and salts decreases as we sweat, taking with them nutrients we need to function healthily. This can lead to common problems such as dehydration and exhaustion, or even heat stroke which can sometimes be fatal.
Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive sweating
- Cold and clammy skin
- Quickened pulse and breathing
- Muscle cramps and stomach pain
Homeopathic remedies are non-toxic and a safe way to help the body to replenish its store of the cell salts and nutrients it needs in warmer periods and help to relieve cramps, aches and fatigue. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines are:
- Calendula: This is an all-purpose medicine for many kinds of skin damage that many of us face during the summer season. When the skin gets damaged due to wounds, infection, prolonged sun exposure and even excessive pollution and dirt, one can try using calendula.
- Arnica: All that running around on the beach can easily give you sore muscles, while the heat can sap up your energy and leave you fatigued. In such cases, Arnica is the perfect homeopathic answer to your maladies. This medicine can be used for topical application if bought in its cream or gel form.
- Belladonna: Sun strokes, dehydration and over-exposure to the sun, in general, can give you a host of problems and conditions including heat headaches. In order to treat such conditions, one can use Belladonna, which is a homeopathic medicine used for sun-stroke related ailments and symptoms.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This medicine is also known as Rhus Tox. It is made from poison ivy extracts and is an effective drug when it comes to dealing with itchy rashes. These rashes may be caused because of exposure to oak, sumac and even poison ivy.
- Ledum: Ledum or Ledum Palustre is one of the best homeopathic drugs when it comes to treating insect bites during summers.
- Euphrasia Officinalis: This medicine is most commonly used for eye related problems that may come about due to sun exposure or excessive sweating and other heat related factors.
How to stay safe in sun
- It is always advised to drink plenty of water or drinks during summers, to cool down your body and to remain hydrated.
- If you are suffering from tiredness, headaches or any other conditions which may be aggravated in the warmer months, consult a specialised homeopath who will look at your diet, mood, sleep and lifestyle prescribe a suitable homeopathic remedy for you to take.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Kidney stones could be a cause for worry by the time they are not removed causing incessant and regular pains and disrupting normal life. The task is not finished even if you get them removed because what follows is a rigorous and disciplined routine that you must follow to maintain your health after the surgery is done. Diet plays a crucial role in negating the possibility of yet another stone accumulation. Here are a few diet tips that would be handy if you have got a kidney stones removal surgery done.
- To stay hydrated is the golden rule that you must abide by at all costs. It is advisable to drink at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis. Water prevents the formation of stones and would also help to eliminate any remaining residues of kidney stones existing in the system.
- Dairy products could be included but in diluted form.
- A fixed dietary routine is mandatory above all. The patient should be given meals at proper time intervals in small proportions. Heavy meals should be avoided at all costs.
- Foods rich in high fibre should be included in the diet. They help in bowel movement also. These include whole grain breads and beans.
1. Foods rich in oxalates and calcium should be kept at bay for at least a period of two months after the stone removal procedure is complete. Oxalates can lead to the formation of yet another stone which is far from desirable. The foods that fall in this category include:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, mustard and beet greens
- Cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes
- Banana, mango, apricot, grapes
- Nuts like almond and cashew
- Soft drinks
- Caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee
2. Foods rich in sodium should be kept at bay for at least some time immediately after the surgery.
3. Reducing the food intake that is high on animal protein.
4. Do not eat stale food.
5. Junk food should not even cross your mind. It is something which should be avoided for best results.
These are generic guidelines that would help you to cope with post surgery care. However, there could be specific requirements depending from patient to patient. Therefore, it is advisable to get the guidelines by a doctor who will take into account the specificities of the case. Diet along with exercise is in most cases, the most effective combat to kidney stones. The trick however, is to not go overboard with either of them.