Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mehul BhansaliYour feedback matters!
I am 51 years old I have the small changes or inlargement in prostate gland and urin frequeny is 3 times in night withbeen 10; 30 pm -500AM.
Does green tea is good for health? Does it loses the body weight? Does it make our body free from cancer?
What is the remedy if the prostate glans got enlarged and galbladder stone of 20mm in urine bladder?
I am 19years girl I have a problem of breast pain in some times. Like monthly twice or thrice. Why it is happening is it any problem for me?
Hi I am bhanu age 22 if we scan total body. Is cancer is there are not because my dad and dad brother died due to cancer if reports are negative in life cancer will come again ah or not.
What are the symptoms of cancer? And how can they get out of this problem is it a very dangerous disease whether there is a satisfactory treatment or not.
I am 63 years diabetic. Type 1 since 15years having sugar level 190 ad 260pp taking humalog 20units morning 16 units night. I am bhp grade 1 with right renal lithiasis having stones of 7ad 9mm in right kidney. Due to enlarged prostrate I am facing frequent urination ad bladder is empty at one time. My hbaic is 8. 50 also having bp problems. One serious concern is erectile dysfunction ad premature ejaculaton. Can you suggest some safe medicine for ed ad premature ejaculate. For enlarged prostrate I am taking flotral alfuzion salt ad in addition to insulin I am taking vysov-, m ad diapride m-2. Please suggest safe medicine to cure the above problems. My lipid profile ad renal profile is normal. Please advise.
My husband went fo routine executive check up. And a nodule has been detected with. A nodule in prostrate. But p. S test is normal.
Dear doctor, my father having prostate problem due to age. He is 63 years old. He is not ready for operation. So I want to know any medicine which can control it?
Is it possible to have esophageal cancer without GERD or Barrett's esophagus? How long does normal esophagus turn to GERD to Barrett's esophagus to cancer?
I am 28 years old male I am suffering from night fall since 2 months. Second I have small hard protrusion on my prostate which see white in colour from last one year.
How should a person get screening tests to detect all kinds/major kinds of cancer? I need to understand ways to prevent cancer from occurring. I have seen many people suffering from this disease and its very scary.
How to avoid cancer in life while eating tobacco daily with access And avoid or getting cure of it if possible?
I have tumor in my testicles due to koch lesions. The doctor said that it is tb. I am undergoing treatment. The doctor said that I sometimes happen that the tumour remains there but after having full course of medicines the germs of are killed. Is it right that tumour may exist even after such course?
My Father had a tongue cancer treatment of radiation recently of 32 sittings now after completion of that radiation process he is suffering from severe pain of tongue and cheeks how to overcome it please doctors give me suggestions.
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.