Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MeghanaYour feedback matters!
Hi, Meri wife pregnant hai 5 months ho gaye blood ki kami he aur thodi kamjori bhi hai usko kya khilana chahiye? Please advise.
Hi, I am 22 years old, my question is about menstrual problem! M not having my periods from last 10 days and am also having abdominal pain like cramps in my stomach from 1-2 days! Can you please help me in this n tell me y is this happening?
Hi, My wife facing vaginal bleeding after sex. Her periods skip normally and this time she took pills to stop her periods. Please help me out.
Dr, I am 21 years old. I have a relation with a girl. We had oral sex last time. After that I came to know that she had a past affair with a young man who also did oral sex with her. But not any other intercourse. He is addicted to drinks, pan masalas and lives a dirty life. So my doubt is that is there any chance for aids to me or my girlfriend. She said they had oral sex before 8 months and we had this before 3 months. Doctor please advice me. If there is a chance when we have to make a check up?
I am 31 weeks pregnant, i am taki ng tab.Methyldopa,250mg from my 20th week tid ,but still my b.P remains 140/90, no albumin in urine. Plz tel my pregnancy outcome
After how many days after intercourse we should take ipill to avoid pregnancy. Does it work efficiently. Does it have any harmful effects.
She has a vaginal pain after urination it will be till half an hour then it will be normal it is since two days.
Hello Doctor, I (Age 21) had unprotected sex on first day of my periods. But ejaculation did not happen inside vagina. But we are worrying about pregnancy. To avoid mishaps, we are planning to go for I-Pill. Is there any issue on taking contraception pill on periods? Also please explain any permanent damages, if any.
I have cramps during my periods and is unbearable sometimes and I can not seem to get any relief please help me.
Hi my age is 26 I am getting irregular periods if I use medicine it will come regular after finishing medicine again same problem occurring what I have to do please suggest me.
I take regestrone tablet when my period dates are gone. I wait for 3-4days after that I take that medicine for five days morning evening after take food. But still now no change. What can I do please suggest me.
My age is 32 years. I am not pregnant but I have not had my periods since 3 months. What should I do. I am worried. I need your advice. Earlier I had regular periods.
After a intercourse, is i-pill supportive to not cause pregnancy? will i-pill help? what are other ways to not get pregnancy tests done.
Miscarriage refers to the spontaneous loss of the fetus before one completes the 20th week of pregnancy, taking into account the period from the conception to gestation. It usually happens in the first trimester of the pregnancy; that is within the seventh and the twelfth week of conception. Recurrent miscarriage is when one suffers from multiple miscarriages in a row.
- Abnormally-shaped Uterus: Some miscarriages, particularly late ones, are thought to happen because the uterus (womb) has an abnormal shape.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Women with this condition have many small cysts in their ovaries.They also tend to have hormonal problems, including high levels of insulin and male hormone in the blood, which can lead to recurrent miscarriage.
- Infection: Some serious infections can cause or increase the risk of single miscarriages. These include toxoplasmosis, rubella, listeria and genital infection. But it is not clear whether infection plays a role in recurrent miscarriage.
- Diabetes and Thyroid Problems: Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated thyroid problems can cause miscarriage. But well-controlled diabetes and treated thyroid problems do not cause recurrent miscarriage.
Your risk of recurrent miscarriage is higher if:
- you and your partner are older; the risk is highest if you are over 35 and your partner over 40;
- you are very overweight. Being very underweight may also increase your risk.
Each new pregnancy loss increases the risk of a further miscarriage. But even after three miscarriages, most couples will have a live baby next time.
Testing After Recurrent Miscarriage:
If you have had three miscarriages in a row, you should be offered tests to try to find the cause. This should happen whether or not you already have one or more children. Testing is not usually offered after one or two early miscarriages (up to 14 weeks) because these are often due to chance. But you might be offered tests after two early miscarriages if you are in your late 30s or 40s or if it has taken you a long time to conceive.
If you had a late (second trimester) miscarriage, where your baby died after 14 weeks of pregnancy, you should be offered tests after this loss.
- You can opt for blood tests to check for sticky blood syndrome or APS. Tests would look for antibodies that would help treat the condition. Antibodies are chemicals produced by the body to combat infections.
- Get an examination done should the doctor suspect chromosomal abnormalities and in case it is diagnosed, both of you can consult a clinical genetics specialist for genetics counseling.
- Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound scan to trace any type of abnormality that may make a pregnancy futile, for instance, a short or a fragile cervix.
It is natural to pin your hopes on testing as the answer to your problems. But there are three reasons why it may not be the answer you’re looking for:
- A cause may not be found; when this happens your miscarriages are called ‘unexplained’
- Even if a cause is found, it may not be treatable;
- Treatment may not lead to a successful pregnancy. This can happen if a pregnancy miscarriages for a different reason than the one being treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.