Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenal Kamble
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenal KambleYour feedback matters!
If you are facing difficulties in breathing, especially in the process of exhaling, you are suffering from emphysema. Emphysema is a condition in which the air sacs of the lungs are damaged and enlarged, causing breathlessness. It occurs as a result of several triggers, smoking being the most common one. Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). People with this condition struggle to exhale, which implies that there is some obstruction in the air flow. This disease has no permanent cure but by quitting smoking, you can stop it from getting worse.
The progression and severity of emphysema occurs with the staging systems. The staging of the condition can help in developing a prognosis.
The Gold emphysema staging system
Gold is a major emphysema staging system created by a group known as the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. The amount of air a patient can exhale forcefully in one second is determined during this stage. It is also referred to as the forced expiratory volume or FEV1.
The staging is as follows:
- Stage 1: Mild emphysema (FEV1 greater than 80% of normal)
- Stage 2: Moderate emphysema (FEV less than 80%, but more than 50% normal)
- Stage 3: Severe emphysema (FEV lesser than 50%, but more than 30% normal)
- Stage 4: Extremely severe emphysema. (FEV lesser than 30% of normal or lesser than 50% normal, with low levels of oxygen in the blood.
The BODE emphysema staging system
The condition affects several abilities. The BODE index, an acronym for BMI (body mass index), obstruction, dyspnea (breathlessness), exercise capacity (health index) is another staging system for emphysema in which the emphysema’s impact on several areas of life are measured. They include the following:
- Body mass index (B)
- Airflow limitation or obstruction (O), which is measured by pulmonary function tests
- Breathless or dyspnea (D), which is assessed thoroughly via a questionnaire
- Exercise capacity (E), which is measured to check how long a person with emphysema can walk in a span of six minutes
The prognosis of emphysema is impossible to be determined in any person individually. The staging system helps to identify the severity of the condition, but the future cannot be predicted. Not many studies have been undertaken for the determination of the effects of emphysema on life expectancy. The best research that has been carried out included around 100 people, which is very less. The condition varies largely among people, even if they are in the same stage.
The statistics available on emphysema are not reliable enough for individuals who wish to know their life expectancy. It is considered that if a patient falls in a higher stage, his/her long-term life expectancy is less.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Health benefits of coconut water:
1. Rehydrates the body:
Coconut water is an excellent thirst quencher to beat tropical summer thirst. Because of its electrolyte composition, coconut water is also used to rehydrate the body in case of dehydration and fluid loss due to diarrhea, vomiting or excessive sweating. A good source of carbohydrates, it also helps lift your energy level.
Research suggests that coconut water can be used to rehydrate the body after exercise. In fact, a 2012 study published in the journal of the international society of sports nutrition found that coconut water has a similar positive effect as sports drinks.
2. Lowers blood pressure:
Coconut water is considered good for controlling high blood pressure, thanks to its vitamin c, potassium and magnesium content. Potassium, in particular, helps lower blood pressure by balancing out the negative effects of sodium.
A study published in the west indian medical journal in 2005 also found that coconut water helps control hypertension.
To help reduce high blood pressure, drink a cup of fresh coconut water twice a day. Bottled coconut water, however, may not be very beneficial as may be high in sodium.
3. Heart tonic:
Cholesterol- and fat-free tender coconut water offers cardioprotective benefits. It helps lower low-density lipoprotein (ldl or the 'bad' cholesterol) and increase high-density lipoprotein (hdl or the 'good' cholesterol) levels, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
According to a 2012 study published in the journal of medicinal food, both tender as well as mature coconut water have beneficial effects on lipid metabolism to counteract increased total cholesterol, very low-density lipoproteins (vldl), ldl and triglycerides.
Plus, coconut water has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiplatelet properties and helps improve circulation. Thus, it helps reduce plaque formation in the arteries and lowers the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
4. Relieves hangovers:
Coconut water is also a great natural remedy for hangovers. Alcohol robs your body of hydration and this dehydration causes your morning-after booze blues. Coconut water replenishes the electrolytes in the body and boosts hydration, thus making you feel better.
Also, the antioxidants in this revitalizing health drink fight oxidative stress caused by indulging in too much alcohol. It will also help settle an acid stomach.
You can make a smoothie by blending 2 cups each of unsweetened coconut water and ripe mangoes, 2 to 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 fresh mint sprigs and half cup of ice.
5. Promotes weight loss:
Coconut water is an ideal drink for weight loss. It is low in calories and easy on the stomach. In fact, this light and refreshing drink contains various bioactive enzymes that aid digestion and boost fat metabolism.
Plus, coconut water is rich in potassium, which helps balance out sodium. Excess sodium in the body tends to cause water retention, contributing to water weight. Thus, coconut water helps flush out excess water as well as toxins from your body.
You can drink an 8-ounce glass of this health drink 3 or 4 times a week to facilitate weight loss. Do not drink coconut water in excess as eventually it may add more calories than you want.
6. Treats headaches:
Most headaches, even migraines, are triggered by dehydration. In such cases, coconut water can be of great help in supplying electrolytes to the body and boosting hydration.
Coconut water is also rich in magnesium. People who suffer from migraines often have low levels of magnesium. Studies also suggest that magnesium can help reduce the frequency of migraine attacks.
7. Balances ph levels:
Stress, toxic load and a diet high in acid-forming foods, such as processed fast foods, often contribute to acidic ph levels that cause low energy and reduce the body's ability to absorb vitamins and minerals.
Coconut water has an alkalizing effect that helps restore a healthy ph in the body. It also helps alkalize the acidic ph levels caused by acidity and heartburn.
8. Regulates blood sugar:
Coconut water contains amino acids and dietary fiber that help regulate blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity.
It also helps with common issues faced by people who have diabetes. It helps manage your weight. As it helps improve circulation, coconut water is also good for reducing symptoms like numbness in feet and a tendency to develop atherosclerosis.
9. Natural diuretic:
Coconut water acts as a natural diuretic. Thus, it promotes urine production and flow, cleansing your body of toxins. It also helps prevent problems like urinary tract infections.
Due to its high potassium content, coconut water helps alkalize urine and dissolves certain types of kidney stones to eventually flush them out of the body.
To increase its effectiveness, add a pinch of sea salt to a cup of coconut water and drink it once or twice a day. In addition to its diuretic properties, coconut water has antibacterial properties that help fight bladder infections.
Note: do not drink coconut water if your kidneys do not function properly and you have high potassium levels.
10. Slows down aging:
Coconut water contains cytokinins that have anti-aging effects on cells and tissues. This reduces the risk of developing degenerative and age-related diseases.
Refreshing and clear green coconut water also nourishes and hydrates your skin to keep it soft and smooth. In addition to drinking coconut water, you can mix sufficient coconut water with 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder to make a paste, apply it on your skin and rinse it off when it dries completely to maintain younger-looking skin.
- Coconut water may not be suitable for those with nut allergies.
- It may cause bloating and mild stomach upset in some people.
- Do not drink coconut water for at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery as it may interfere with blood pressure control during and after surgery.
- People with kidney dysfunction should consult their doctor before including coconut water in their health regimen.
My wife is pregnant for 2 months. Can I have sex with her now and if yes for how many days / months, I can enjoy the same?
I am having a menstrual cycle problem its not proper nd its not on tym. If flow starts it continue to 20 days nd the flow is very less nd again after 10 days I get down. Nd you had taken hemophatic medicines nd ayurvedic too. Soo I am in big doubt what I should do nw.
Hello Doctor, Just want to know that. My period came to 28 July to 1 August. So what will be the my first day of ovulation? And last day of ovulation after period? And how would I know what will be the date of no chance of pregnancy if my husband ejaculates inside me? Please help me to know better. Thank you,
Is it mandatory for all women to have construction and compilation during orgasm or is it to enjoy a sex. My b.f told me that I don't get orgasm as he don't feel any construction in my pussy even after an hr of sex. Kindly help.
My son has a problem of caf paining, therefore doctor test his blood, then test shown cpk level is very high 450, what should I do, there is any treatment for this please suggest me.
Hi, My periods delayed by 10 days. I will travel next week and I have to get my periods soon. What should I do.
Liver does everything for you right from digestion, metabolism, immunity and the storage of nutrients to detoxifying your body. So, take care of your liver and it will inturn take care of you for better life.Thus, cleanse, rejuvinate and detoxify your liver with these to remain free from obesity, cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue, headaches, digestive problems, allergies and many other health problems.
1. Garlic : To promote liver health, use fresh raw garlic instead of processed, minced garlic or powder.Eat 2 to 3 raw garlic cloves daily and include garlic in your cooking whenever possible.
2. Grapefruit : Drink a small glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice or enjoy the whole fruit with your breakfast daily.Moreover, the flavonoid naringenin in grapefruit helps break down fat.
Note: If you are on medications, consult your doctor before taking this fruit as it may interact with certain drugs.
3. Beetroots: they are the best blood purifiers.Simply add fresh beetroots or juice to your daily diet. Make a powerful liver-cleansing salad with 1 cup of chopped or grated beetroots, 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil and the juice of ½ lemon. Mix all the ingredients together and eat 2 teaspoons of it every 2 hours during the day for a week.
4. Lemons: lemon promotes mineral absorption by liver.Make lemon water at home by adding the juice of 1 lemon to a jar of water. You can even add chopped lemons to it. Drink this water at regular intervals. If desired, add a little honey.
5. Green Tea: By drinking green tea daily, you can help your body flush out toxins and fat deposits, while increasing hydration levels.Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily. If desired, sweeten your tea with honey.
Note: Avoid drinking green tea in excess as it can have an adverse impact on your liver and other body parts.
6. Avocados: The high amount of monounsaturated fat in avocados helps reduce low-density lipoproteins or “bad” cholesterol and increase high-density lipoproteins or “good” cholesterol. The liver easily processes good cholesterol.
Eat 1 to 2 avocados per week for a couple of months to help reverse liver damage.
7. Turmeric: The compound curcumin in turmeric induces the formation of a primary liver detoxification enzyme called glutathione S-transferase. It also helps regenerate damaged liver cells.Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of water and boil it. Drink it twice daily for a couple of weeks.
8. Apples: An apple a day is the secret behind a healthy liver. Apples are a good source of pectin, a soluble fiber that helps remove toxins from the digestive tract and cholesterol from the blood, in turn preventing the liver from being overworked.
9. Walnuts: The high amount of the amino acid l-arginine in walnuts aids the liver in detoxifying ammonia. Moreover, walnuts contain glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which aid the natural liver-cleansing process.Munch on a handful of walnuts as a snack daily.
10. Broccoli: The high fiber content in broccoli improves the digestion process. Moreover, it contains fat-soluble vitamin E, an important antioxidant for the liver to carry out its functions.
Eat 1 cup of broccoli 3 times a week to keep your liver healthy.
Also, to keep your liver healthy, eliminate or reduce animal foods as well as alcohol, refined sugar, excess caffeine and processed foods from your diet. In addition, stop smoking as it causes significant damage to different organs of the body, including the liver