Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenal KambleYour feedback matters!
Tea and coffee are the most popular hot beverages in the world. The northern side of India majorly consumes a lot of tea as its daily beverage while the southern states in India indulge more into coffee. Both contain caffeine; but have different tastes as well as addictions.
Here are the benefits as well as drawbacks of the two.
1. Caffeine - Coffee has more caffeine than tea. So if you want to stay awake or want a sudden rush of energy, choose a cup of coffee over a cup of tea. Too much caffeine though will eradicate sound sleep and can cause high blood pressure issues.
2. Acidity - Drinking tea can cause acidity to a great extent. Coffee on the other hand doesn’t cause acidity, to that extent. Never consume tea on an empty stomach; you are likely to develop gas or acidity owing to the same.
3. Overall health - Tea has a lot of antioxidants as compared to coffee. Eliminate cream, milk, sugars etc from tea and drink the decoction daily. It’s a very good anti-oxidant that keeps the overall health of a person in good condition. Tea consumed with lemon juice clears the intestine, further eliminating toxins for a healthier body.
4. Diabetes - Coffee is said to prevent the occurrence of type 2 diabetes. It doesn’t let inflammations take root causing the glucose in the body to be utilized pretty well. It also helps the body in utilizing the insulin produced by the later in a far better way than normal.
5. Nutrients - Coffee is more nutritious than tea with more calcium, phosphorous, potassium and choline. Tea simply has more folate than coffee.
Coffee might seem to have more health benefits over tea but if you have weak immunity and sleep problems, you can pick tea over coffee.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
7th month is going on of pregnancy. And the hole of vagina is small so during normal labor how it become easy.
There are several traditional methods used to correct vision, including wearing corrective lenses, or having eye surgery. However, with a few natural home remedies, eye exercises and general lifestyle changes you can improve your eyesight naturally.
The following eye exercises work to strengthen the eye muscles and maintain the flexibility of your eye lens in order to improve your vision. Some of the most popular exercises include:
Breathing Yoga Exercises:
This will encourage conscious breathing. The point of this is to relax your body and close your eyes. This allows the muscles to relax. Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth for two minutes. When you finally open your eyes after two minutes, do not focus on anything. Repeat the exercise three times.
Each time you blink you are soothing and moisturizing your eyes. This can be done anywhere if your eyes are feeling weary or tired. Blink consistently for 4 to 5 seconds at a time for a period of two minutes.
These exercises were specifically designed to stimulate the various acupuncture points around your eyes. This aid in relaxing the muscles in and around your eye and helping to calm the mind. To execute this exercise you should place your elbows on a flat surface in front of you with your left palm covering your left eye. Your fingers should be resting on your forehead. Do the same with your right eye and right palm. The palms should cup the eyes, but not put any pressure on them. You should do this exercise for a period of three minutes.
It is important to eat the proper diet to promote eye health. This includes the addition of certain vision-enhancing foods if you currently do not consume them:
Bilberries: Fruit that is rich and full of antioxidants. These will aid in protecting the eyes from free radicals. They will also aid in better blood circulation in your eyes.
Grapes and Blueberries:
These will aid your night vision.
Rich in beta-carotene, which is known for great vision, as well as vitamin A.
Cold Water Fish:
Fish is rich in DHA, which will provide support to the structure of the cell membranes in your eyes. It is also used for many different treatments for disorders such as macular degeneration, dry eyes and general treatment of eyesight.
Leafy Green Vegetables:
These have nutrients that will help to protect your eye’s macula, due to their rich carotenoid content.
Capers, Shallots, Garlic, Eggs and Onions:
These also contain helpful antioxidants that are beneficial for the lens of your eyes.
If you want to ensure that your eyes are getting the 17 essential nutrients and vitamins they need for optimal eye health, check out the best eye vitamin on the market.
Other Eyesight Enhancing Tips
The fact is that it is much smarter to prevent eye problems, rather than treat them after the problem is present. While eye exercises and a healthy diet are important to your overall eye health, there are other tips you can use that will help to naturally improve your eyesight.
Minimize the extended period of time that you spend in front of the computer screen. Be sure to use our 10-10-10 rule while on the computer.
After every half-hour of television watching take a 10 minute break. This will provide a break for your eyes.
Try to look at objects far away when you take a break from in front of the TV or computer screen.
When your eyes feel tired or worn out, try washing them with cold water.
When they feel extremely tired, close them for a while to allow them to rest. The old saying is “take 5 to stay alive”.
When it comes to eye health, you must treat them as any other system in your body. This means providing exercise, and the proper nutrients. However, these are not the only elements that aid proper eye health.
In addition to the tips listed here, you also need to ensure that you receive plenty of sleep each day. You need to try to achieve six to eight hours each night to allow your eyes to fully rest and rejuvenate. If you do not get enough sleep, you may find that you have an abnormal amount of eye health issues.
Another important factor is to drink plenty of water. The body is composed of mainly water, meaning that you must replenish it regularly. This will help provide moisture to cleanse dust and debris from your eyes throughout the day. Water is essential for all of the body’s functions, including proper and healthy eyesight. In most cases drinking eight, eight-ounce glasses of water a day will provide enough moisture and water for your body.
However, if you live in a dry area, more is necessary to provide optimum eye health.
Taking care of your eyes is a life-long process. This includes preventing eye health issues, as well as the need to wear corrective lenses. There are thousands of success cases and studies that tell the benefits of proper eye health and preventative measures that you can take at home. The home remedies and lifestyle changes here will make a huge difference in the overall eye health that you have.
It is important to teach them to your child, as well.
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
- Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
- Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
- Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
- Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
During pregnancy my weight was 83 after the delivery my weight is 73 I want to loose it how can I loose my weight as I am feeding my baby.
I am 20 and I had sex on my first day of my periods last month, the guy had a flow inside me. So I had an Ipill (contraceptive pill). I have not yet got my periods this month. Is it because of that or what would it be?
My period is not regular. Sometimes it was twice in a month or sometime it was not. Other pbm is that face allergies occur again and again. Help me please is it possible due to irregular of period.
She had sex on 7th of this month and her periods got over on 2nd to 3rd of april. Is there is chance of pregnancy.
My fiancee period has delayed, her period details goes on like this 02-12-2016 30-12-2016 02-02-2017 There is watery white discharge, she gets pain in waists and legs which happens same on periods. Few days back she had diarrhea around two times. Why is here period getting late and is there any problem?
If the second last pill of the previous pack was missed and doubled up along the last and then a pill free interval of 6 days protect me from unwanted pregnancy in the next month? Next month pill was startedafter taking a break of 6 days after missing the second last pill. And had intercourse the day after starting new pack. Though condom was used which had no holes or did not break. But it has been used thrice in an intercourse. But the not a pill has been missed this month. Am I protected?
M in my 19th week of pregnancy. My pre pregnancy weight was 57. Now its 59. Is it normal. How much weight one should gain during 2nd trimester.
I have irregular periods problem. In april it came two times. After that it don't come. 12june me and my husband had sex without condom by mistake he released semen into me. He give me unwanted 72 but still I don't get period. What to do next?
Hello Dr. Am 24 old female. Trying for baby married about 2 year Dr. Told me my all reports are normal hubby (35 old) reports are also normal, then Dr. Giving treatment fertomid tablet 2 tablet at night and folic acid 1 tab @morning. My weight is 69 height is 5.2 Dr. Told me loose your wait. How to lose weight is it cause to my pregnancy and me give me any medicine for weight loss please please please.
Hi I'm 35 years old married women. I'm suffering from vaginal problem. A bad odor, sometime itching problem. Sometime feeling wetness. what to do
Dear doc. I and my life partner don't want to have kids. We have sex without condom and I don't withdraw at all. Chances of pregnancy with this is very high and we are aware of it. We are about 40 now. Please recommend few contraceptives which has no side effects as weight gaining or any other side effect except that you don't get pregnant at all. Good sex life is what we are looking at. Please recommend. Thank u.
लगभग तीन फुट ऊँचाई वाला पौधा इसबगोल का उपयोग आज की तारीख में लागातार बढ़ता जा रहा है. इसका मुख्य कारण है आज ज्यादातर लोगों को हाजमे की शिकायत है. और पाचन तंत्र की समस्याओं का इससे बेहतर समाधान किया जा सकता है. यदि हम इसबगोल में पाए जाने वाले तत्वों की बात करें तो इसबगोल के बीजों के उपर सफेद भूसी पायी जाती है. इस भूसी में ही प्रचुर मात्रा में म्युसिलेज पाया जाता है. इसके अतिरिक्त इसमें जाईलोज, एरेविनोज रैमन्नोज और गैलेक्टोज आदि भी पाए जाते हैं. वैसे तो इसका कोई साइड इफेक्ट नहीं होता है लेकिन फिर भी इस्तेमाल में सावधानी न बरतने से इसबगोल के कुछ नुकसान हो सकते हैं.
ईसबगोल के सेवन से लाभ
1. जिन लोगों को जोड़ों के दर्द, कब्ज व पाचनतंत्र आदि की शिकायत है उनलोगों को अपनी परेशानियों से निजात पाने के लिए रात के खाने के बाद एक गिलास गर्म दूध के साथ एक चम्मच ईसबगोल की भूसी मिलाकर लेने से निश्चित रूप से लाभ होगा.
2. यदि आपको दस्त के दौरान रक्तस्राव हो रहा है या लंबे समय से कब्ज से ग्रसित हैं तो ऐसे में आप आधा कप पानी के साथ इसबगोल की भूसी लेने से आराम मिलेगा.
3. आँतों में होने वाली रुकावट और संक्रमण के शिकार लोगों को 20 मिलिलीटर की मात्रा में एक गिलास पानी में मिला लें और इसका एक चम्मच ईसबगोल के बीज साथ में सेवन करें. ऐसा करने से आपको अपनी समस्या से छुटकारा मिलेगा.
4. तमाम लाभकारी गुणों से युक्त इसबगोल इसके अलावा आपको शरीर में पानी की कमी, मोटापा व डायबिटीज आदि में भी आपको भरपूर फायदा देता है. इन रोगों में इसबगोल के इस्तेमाल से आप छुटकारा पा सकते हैं.
5. मोटापे की समस्या से ग्रसित लोग भी इसबगोल के उपयोग से वजन घटा सकते हैं. इसके लिए आपको दिन में 3 बार खाने से आधा घंटा पहले लेना इसबगोल का सेवन करना चाहिए.
6. यदि आप दमा से पीड़ित हैं तो इसमें भी इसबगोल आपको फायदा पहुंचता है. इसके लिए बस आपको सुबह-शाम दो-दो चम्मच ईसबगोल की भूसी गर्म पानी के साथ लेते रहना होगा. ऐसा करने से आपकी यह शिकायत दूर हो जाएगी.
इसबगोल के नुकसान भी हैं
1. इसबगोल का नुकसान इसकी अधिक मात्रा है. इसबगोल का अधिक मात्रा में सेवन आपको भूख न लगने का कारण बन सकता है. इसलिए इसकी अधिक मात्रा में सेवन करने से बचें.
2. कैप्स्यूल या बारीक पिसा हुआ पाउडर के रूप में इसबगोल का सेवन आपको परेशानी में डाल सकता है. इसलिए इसबगोल के इन रूपों के इस्तेमाल से जितना हो सके बचने का प्रयास करें.
3. इसबगोल का उपयोग कम पानी या अन्य तरल पदार्थों के साथ सेवन छाती में दर्द, सांस लेने में परेशानी, उल्टी या फिर कुछ निगलने में समस्या आदि परेशानियों में हमें फंसा कर उलझा सकता है.
4. इसबगोल 2 साल या इससे कम उम्र के बच्चे को तो बिलकुल ही न दें. इससे ज्यादा उम्र वाले बच्चों को बहुत कम मात्रा में दे सकते हैं. बच्चों को जब भी इसबगोल देना हो तो इसमें या तो किसी विशेषज्ञ से सलाह लें या फिर बहुत कम मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करें. हलांकि डॉक्टर से सलाह लेना ज्यादा उचित रहेगा.
5. हलांकि इसबगोल से एलर्जी की समस्या नहीं के बराबर होती है. लेकिन फिर भी किसी-किसी को खुजली, चहरे पर सुजन या त्वचा पर चकते आदि लक्षण दिखाई पड़ सकते हैं. यदि आपको साइलियम से एलर्जी है तो इसबगोल का सेवन भूलकर भी न करें.
6. इसबगोल का नुकसान गर्भवती महिलाओं को तो और ज्यादा होता है. इसलिए गर्भावस्था के दौरान इसबगोल से उन्हें दूर ही रखना चाहिए. गर्भवती महिलाएं ऐसा करके इसके दुष्प्रभाव से बच सकती हैं.