Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mausadik ParkarYour feedback matters!
Most skin problems develop due to external damage. However, skin problems may also occur due to the internal problems, such as an unhealthy diet and lifestyle issues. One of the fairly common problems is skin pigmentation.
What is skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation primarily refers to the change in skin color in patches across the body. These could occur all over the body including your face. Skin pigmentation problems primarily include:
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin in specific areas
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening or development of paler spots on the skin.
Both of these disorders are caused by anomalies in the levels of melanin (the pigment that imparts color to the skin, hair) with either overproduction or underproduction of the pigment.
Primary causes of hyperpigmentation:
Although both problems affect the skin in a multitude of ways, the excess deposition of melanin causing skin darkening is much more common than the hypo-pigmentation variety. Some of the causes of hyperpigmentation are described as follows:
- Sun damage: This is one of the obvious factors that will cause skin pigmentation as sun exposure causes melanocytes or melanin producing cells within the skin to become hyperactive and thus cause dark patches.
- Hormonal issues: Another common issue which results in patches are hormonal changes or issues within the body such as spikes in estrogen or progesterone levels or even problems with insulin.
- Other factors: Diet and lifestyle are also other factors which may cause internal changes that reflect on your skin. Even using certain skin care products and using certain medications can result in skin hyper pigmentation.
Skin brightening techniques:
Some of the common skin brightening techniques that are used to deal with skin hyper-pigmentation are:
- Chemical methods to brighten skin: Chemicals such as peels, exfoliates and other brightening products change the skin color by affecting the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Some of these medications and products are made with retinol and tretinoin and other chemicals which push vitamin A into the skin to lighten the tone.
- Prevention of pigmentation: The best method to fight pigmentation is to not let it happen in the first place and sunscreen is a great way to go about it. Sun damage is by far the most common cause for pigmentation issues. Also dietary and other lifestyle changes, such as excessive alcohol consumption may cause skin pigmentation. Keep off tobacco and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Use of Mechanical means: Mechanical means, such as dermabrasion (cosmetically removing the skin’s superficial layers), microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells from the face) and lasers and other means actually skim away a thin layer of skin to allow for new skin to grow back which results in the elimination of pigmentation.
It is however, advisable that you visit your dermatologist first and then decide on the best course of action to deal with skin pigmentation problems as well as devise a strategy to halt further skin darkening.
She is having red rashes on her face. She has used many creams and medicines but there is no change on her face. So I request you to give me a suggestion.
One day in evening I have semi solid liquid stool. There was a 1st poop that was semi solid stool colored brown then 2nd poop was red color which was little liquid. It was like diarrhea. Little stomach cramps is also der. After 2 hours I have to go to again for stool. Again there was red color liquid semi solid stool. There was a good quantity of red color. Again after 2 hours I have to go to stool again. Now it's semi solid stool colored brown. No red color stool this time. Note:- I have taken reddish in salad in lunch on same day. Another day:- I have gone 2 times for passing stool. Both time it's like liquid semi solid stool color medium to dark brown. No red color stool this time also. I am worrying about red color liquid semi solid stool which was happened on 1st day. Is it blood? Or is it because of reddish? It's in good quantity of red color. And how can we identify that is it because of reddish or blood? Please help me.
I have skin disease at buttocks since year ago. I tried skin creams like clobeta GM but it didn't worked. Sometime it heals very good but in short time it appears. Can you suggest me cream or any medicine with more power?
I am 29 years old male and I have blackheads on my face from 6 years my skin is oily skin what should I do.
I am suffering from lichen planus pigmentation from 3 years. It spread on all over my body except my face. Already I have taken so many medicine including steroids prescribed by doctors but still no any improvement. please help.
Sir, I have a pimple dot how to remove it. There are too many dot in my both side cheek. please sir tell me.
Dear doctor, I am 23 years old and I have a very oily skin which makes my complexion look dull. Suggest me some ways to improve my skin and make it free from sticky ness.
How to prevent sagging of breasts?
Home remedies for sagging breasts
Breast sagging is a natural process that happens with age wherein the breasts lose their suppleness and elasticity. Breasts do not have muscle. They are made of fat, connective tissues and milk-producing glands, and they need proper care to keep them in good shape.
The benefits of yoga for the entire body have been widely studied, and it is primarily a mechanism of toning the body and increasing flexibility. Some of that toning can occur within the breast, depending on which positions you commonly practice.
Massage your breasts at least 2-3 times per week with olive oil. It will help add firmness to the skin as well as improve the skin tone and texture. It will also tone your chest and increase the elasticity of the skin.
Pomegranate is considered a wonderful anti-aging ingredient and can help prevent sagging breasts. Pomegranate seed oil is rich in phyto-nutrients that can lead to firm breasts.
Make a paste of pomegranate peel and some warm mustard oil. Use it to massage your breasts in a circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes daily before going to bed.
You can also use pomegranate seed oil to massage your breasts 2 or 3 times daily.
Another option is to mix 4 teaspoons of neem oil with 1 teaspoon of dried and powdered pomegranate rind. Heat this mixture for a few minutes. Allow it to cool and then use it to massage your breasts twice daily for several weeks.
Avoid loose fitting bra / wrong bra size
Some women feel that they would feel comfortable if they wear loose bra. But this is totally a wrong step. You are going to invite your saggy breast by doing this. Avoid this and go for the best fitting bra to keep your breast stay upright and firm. For more details visit us at www.malhotraayurveda.in
My age is 21 nd my neck is little darker then face so tell me some home made tips to make my neck fair thnx.Please tell.
I have rashes in my scrotum from last 3-4 days and it's itching. And the skin is black where the rashes are. Please suggest me medicine.
I am 22 years old .basically my skin color is brown .sometimes my skin is glowing sometimes it was didn't.i want every time my skin will be a glow so which treatments are available get this.
Few parts of screen such as a joint near the little finger of left hand some toes gets so rough n it itches n irritates as well as feels like a wound. I have used vaseline, four derm. It works for sometime But again the roughness reappears. Kindly suggest some solution to it.
This brings us to the scope of homeopathic treatment in such cases. We can confidently say that homeopathic remedies for clear and glowing skin are totally free from any side effects and are extremely effective in treating this problem. The medicines used are all natural and, thus, free from any harmful components. Their selection is based upon the individual constitution of the patient, and success is attained by employing the constitutional remedy internally.