Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maniyan
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ManiyanYour feedback matters!
I'm 61 year old undergone angioplasty staenting one and half year ago. I am on anti coagulants. Can I go for cataract surgery. What precautions I need to take. Kindly advise.
I used to get to suffer from cold very often since I was 10. It's like whenever it catches me, my eyes too suffer, a kind of itchiness or burning in the eyes, and in my nose it feels like the bulgum is always liquid like water. I consulted with EnT doctors they told me it's allergy & told me if it's not handle, it could be asthma too & gave me some medications and a nasal spray called" nazomac f" but it didn't help me much in relief. Those cold attacks were very often in the winter but as nowadays are summer I am not caught up with cold but yes I still suffer from that eye problem, that burning feel still affect me, sometimes much some times less but it's there. I just want cure for the eyes & proper treatment for my problem. Please help me.
Hello, my 4 year daughter's visual acuity is 6/18 in both eyes with use of glasses with following power (O.D. +1.0 spherical, -3.32 cylindrical 10 degree axis) AND (O.S +0.75 spherical, -3.0 cylindrical 180 degree axis). I am concerned about the development of her vision. Our ophthalmologist says she is expecting a good vision within 1 year of regular eyeglasses use. Is it amblyopia / lazy eye and should we look for any further treatment like pleoptic exercises for her? We have not been advised anything in this regard by our ophthalmologist. As per her she will have normal 6/6 vision within one year. Please guide.
I have perfect eyesight but still sometimes it is difficult to see properly and eyes become red with lots of pain.
Retinal detachment is an emergency eye condition in which the retina at the back of the eye gets separated from the surrounding tissue and pulls away from its normal position. The retina acts as a light-sensitive wallpaper in the eye, providing a lining for the inside of the eye wall and sending visual signals to the brain. As the retina can't work properly under these conditions, one can permanently lose vision if the detached retina is not repaired immediately.
- During the retinal detachment, the retinal cells gets separated from the layer of blood vessels which provides oxygen and nourishment. Usually, it begins in form of small torn area of retina known as retinal tears or retinal breaks. This condition, if not treated, leads to retinal detachment and finally permanent vision loss.
- Retinal detachment has tell-tale warning signs like an increase in sudden appearance of floaters resembling cobwebs floating in field of vision. It can be coupled with flashes of light or curtain from any direction causing a loss of vision.
- Retinal detachment is of three types. The most common form is Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment where a tear allows fluid to get under retina and prevents nourishment to reach retina from retinal pigment epithelium by separating them. In Fractional form, scar tissue on the retina's surface shrinks causing it to separate from the retinal pigment epithelium. This form is most prevalent with diabetes patients. Lastly, in case of Exudative retinal detachment, the fluid leaks into the area under retina without a tear or breaks in the retina. Retinal diseases or trauma to the eye are main causes for Exudative retinal detachment.
- Although a person of any age can suffer from retinal detachment, but it is more prevalent in people over the age of 40. People suffering from degenerative myopia or lattice degeneration are more prone to this medical condition. People with family history of retinal detachment are also likely to suffer from the same.
- Retinal detachment can be treated in many ways. The most common form is the Laser surgery in which small tears and hole are joined back to the retina. Another method is Cryopexy in which the area around the hole in frozen and helps reattach the retina. Both the above procedure are performed at ophthalmologist's clinic.
- Sometimes, one may have to opt for Scleral buckle in which a tiny synthetic band is attached to the outside of the eyeball which gently pushes the wall of the eye in toward the centre of the eye placing the eye wall very close to the detached retina. Another option is vitrectomy surgery to replace the vitreous that fills the centre of the eye and helps the eye maintain a round shape.
- A retinal detachment is an emergency medical condition and must be treated immediately to save one's vision. Most people have been successfully treated for retinal detachment, but ophthalmologists cannot always predict how vision will turn out. The visual outcome will not be known for up to several months after surgery. However the results are best when the retinal detachment is treated as soon as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My vision is poor -7. 50 both eye I am wearing contact lenses just want to know can I go for laser eye surgery or not.
Eyes are believed to be the most attractive feature in a person. A pair of beautiful eyes can melt millions of hearts. Skin ageing and its consequences can throw life in jeopardy. Sagging eyelids are one such unwanted consequence. With ageing, the skin loses its elasticity to a great extent.
- There is an increased skin accumulation around the upper and lower eyelids. As a result, the eyelids become sagging and droopy. Sagging eyelids can be annoying, affecting a person's overall appearance and self-confidence. In extreme cases, it interferes with the normal vision of the affected individual. Eye irritation is also common.
- Thus, the problem needs to be treated at the earliest. Blepharoplasty or the eyelid surgery comes as a huge relief. Here, the surgery is mainly performed to enhance an individual's appearance. To treat sagging eyelids, it is important to get rid of the accumulated skin, loose muscles and fat pads. Procedure is done under local anesthesia.
- For upper eyelids, the surgeon makes small punctures along the line of the eyelids. These punctures act as the exit points for the unwanted skin, muscles and fats. Following the removal of the skin present in excess, the punctures are carefully stitched. In case of the lower eyelids, the fat pads are removed through an incision made inside the eyelids. The excess skin can also be eliminated through an incision made along the margin of the eyelashes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hoe can I keep my eyes healthy and prevent my power from further falling? I use glasses. And also I spend a lot of time on mobile and laptop so give your advise considering this. Thank you. Hoping to receive a reply soon.
I am suffering from fever few days and my eyes gets irritated when exposed to sunlight and I m feeling weakness.
I have red eyes for 7 days. What should I do. please tell me simple solution for healthy eyes. Thanks.
Cataract, jise hum motiyabind bhi kehte h, ankho ki wo beemari hai jisme aankho k lense ki transparency dheere dheere kam hone lagti hai aur isse ankho ki roshni kaafi kam hojati hai. Iska ilaaj cataract surgery he hai. Isme koi dawaiya kaam nahi karti hai. Cataract surgery me ankho k defective lens ko nikal kar artificial lens laga dia jata hai, jisse hume fir se dikhna shuru hojata hai. Aaj kal cataract surgery ki latest technique ka naam Phacoemulsification hai. Isme hume ek chote se cheere se phacoe probe ko ankh k ander dala jata hai. Ye motiye k, yani cataract k defected lens k chote chote pieces ko pighla k bahar nikal deta hai. Aur fir usi cheere se artificial lens ankho k ander laga diya jata hai.
Jo lens ankho ke ander lagaya jata hai, use hum mukhya roop se 2 tarah se divide kia ja sakta h;
- Unifocal lens
- Multifocal lens
Unifocal Lens: Jese ki naam se pata lagta hai, unifocal lens ek point pe focus banata hai. Suppose, agar humara lens door k object pe focus bana raha hai to nazdeeki cheez saaf nazar nahi aegi. Aur agar pass ki object pe focus bana raha hai to door ki cheezein saaf nazar nahi aegi. Islie is lens ke sath hume chashma lagana he padega, jo ki hume patients ko pass ki nazar ka chashma lagana he padta hai saaf dekhne ke lie.
Multifocal Lens: Multifocal lens 2-3 jagah pe focus bana sakta hai. Aur iski madad se hume nazdeek or door, dono theek se dikhai de sakta hai. Lekin Multifocal lens has some disadvantages over Unifocal lens. like;
- Multifocal lens me hume image ka contrast kam milega in comparitive to Unifocal lens.
- Multifocal lens me Glare and Halos dikhai dene ke zada chances hote hai
Konse patients ko Unifocal lens chahie or konse patient ko multifocal lens chaie, ye patients khud decide kar sakte h, according to their choice and work. Jin patents pe operation se pehle he cylindrical number zada hota hai, un patients ko focus banane k lie aise lens ki zarurat hoti hai jinme cylindrical power ho. Aise lens ko hum Toric lens bhi kehte hai.
Yani ki aise patients k liye, Unifocal toric lens ya fir Multifocal toric lens he zada acche maane jate hai jinko ki wo choose kar sakte hai.
Cataract surgery k results aj ki tareek me bohot acche hai. Lekin ultimate visual gain after cataract after the sugery depends on the condition of the eyes before sugery and how the surgery works on the patients.