Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manish Motwani
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manish MotwaniYour feedback matters!
I'm 26 years old, I had a normal soft and pink lips before, 3 years back I started to use melacare cream and I see that my lips becoming dark and dry, now I stopped using melacare, but my lips are still going dark, I used a lot of home remedies, no use, can you please suggest something to rid of the darkness.
Foods given in gastritis:
1. Broccoli sprouts every day for eight weeks had less stomach inflammation and infection than those who ate the same amount of alfalfa sprouts, which does not contain sulforpahane.
2. Yogurt is also an excellent choice to help return gut flora back to normal and level out the balance in the stomach. It’s best to look for brands containing live and active bacterial cultures and are low fat or fat-free. Get plain yogurt and add honey for sweetening; honey is also soothing.
3. Fruit is a great choice with gastritis (with some exceptions, listed below). Try eating two to four servings a day of apples, bananas, pears, peaches, grapes, melon, and kiwi.
4. Vegetables are also a terrific and soothing choice (again, with some exceptions listed below).
5. Also include applesauce, apple juice, skim milk, and light-flavored, low-fat cheeses.
Foods to avoid when suffering from gastritis -
A diet for chronic gastritis will help eliminate any irritation in the stomach. At first it might seem difficult to kick coffee and sugar, but once you realize how much diet plays a part in healing it won’t be an issue for long. Below are foods and beverages to remove from your diet.
3. Tea, both black and green
4. Spicy foods, including chili and curries
5. Black and red pepper
6. High-fat foods, because they increase the acid in your stomach
7. All high-fat dairy products, except skim 8. Milk and low-fat cheese
9. Tomatoes, onions, and garlic
10. Tomato products (sauce, paste, canned, juice)
11. Oranges, grapefruit, figs, berries, and 12. Dried fruit
13. Junk food
14. Fried food
15. Cured sausages
17. Soft drinks or any drinks with added sugar
18. Carbonated beverages, because they 19. Increase stomach acid
20. Citrus and pineapple juice.
Obesity is a condition characterized by the accumulation of large quantities of fat in the body. This condition drastically increases the risks of health problems. The most important cause for obesity is the intake of larger number of calories than what are usually burned through exercises or other routine activities. One with a BMI (Body Mass Index) more than 25 is considered obese. The primary ways of treating obesity are through exercising regularly and following a healthy diet.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine which is free from side effects, unlike conventional methods of treatment. Ayurvedic treatments focus on getting to the root cause of the disorder instead of just focusing on the symptoms. There are multiple remedies in Ayurveda that are effective in controlling obesity. They are:
- Restrict your calorie intake: While this may sound easy, it is actually difficult to implement. One of the major reasons for obesity is eating too much. The idea is to avoid overeating, so you need to be aware of your portion size. Eat frequent meals but in smaller quantities; this helps in keeping your metabolic rate elevated, that in turn is a prerequisite for greater fat burning.
- Start exercising: Exercise is a great way to burn those extra calories around your middle. The best and simple way to go about it is to start jogging. Low intensity jogging done over a period of time is a great way to burn fat. If you want to gain muscle, then do weight based exercises instead of just doing cardio.
- Meditate: The beneficial effects of meditation are well known. Apart from reducing your stress level, it also helps in boosting your focus and concentration. Being stressed can make you eat more and thus gain weight, so meditating on a regular basis can help manage stress effectively.
- Get sufficient rest: Sleeping less than 6 hours a day? You are only setting your body for obesity. Not sleeping enough brings about hormonal changes in the body which increase your appetite.
- Avoid junk food: Junk food should strictly be avoided as it can make you put on some serious pounds. Instead, opt for healthier food options, but keep in mind the portion sizes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!