Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
How to know that I am pregnant. And which age is perfect for pregnant. And which day is best for baby conceive.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi doc my age is 24 female I had infection in my vagina itching and swelling please tel me any medicine cream which I can buy from medical store.
Water is the life giving source of the planet and we would do well to remember to have our daily dose of at least seven to eight glasses of water a day. Besides it many health benefits, water is also a great partner to have in the weight loss process. As per many scientific studies, you can actually lose up to 2 kilograms of fat by taking your daily intake of water to ten glasses a day, at least.
So, let us find out how we can actually lose weight by drinking more water:
- Appetite: When you drink more water before a meal, you are actually taking care of something called mental hunger, which is the reflex of the brain around mealtimes and during boredom, inducing you to eat more. So, to avoid eating a heavy meal, you may want to have plenty of water before you sit down to eat.
- Calories: It has been scientifically proven that greater water intake can actually help in the weight loss process by creating an increase in what is known as resting energy expenditure. As we all know, there are various ways in which calories may be burnt throughout the day, including sitting standing and even sleeping. The resting state may induce more calorie expenditure with the help of increased water consumption.
- Long Term Weight Gain: The intake of more water helps in bringing down your weight by 0.13 kilograms at a time, which goes a long way in your weight loss journey. Further, the results are also more sustainable and long staying. You can add a cup of water after each glass and you can also replace your other beverages with water.
- Better Results in the Gym: Your workout sessions and that gym outing could actually benefit from more water intake. The way this works is that your joints and muscles are better lubricated which reduces the chances of stiffness due to intense and prolonged movements. This will actually help you in working out for longer periods without getting drained or tired too soon. So remember to drink plenty of water at least half an hour before you hit the gym or go running.
While water can be your best weight loss partner, it can also be a futile ingredient if you do not eliminate the things that lead to weight gain, or hold you back as far as optimum weight loss is concerned. So, you may want to ditch the sweetened and carbonated drinks and let go of fried and fatty food to let your body make room for lots of water instead!