Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. MahaboobYour feedback matters!
I'm 17 and this is not a fraud question. My nipples become stiff and erect when they are squeezed or felt cold. This make me hard to wear thin cloths as they can be seen. How can I remove this erectness of my nipples Please.
Doctor said there is formation of cancer after fnac test but after pet scan there was no cancer and his blood afp is 6.14 IU/ml and crea is 0.8 so is there any cancer formation in his body?
I am suffering from osmf Oral submucous fibrosis because I was taking gutkha and occasional cigarettes for 8 years now I left everything for good from 4th July 2015. But I get blood in my saliva sometimes if I talk too much for the whole day in my school and private tuitions I am taking colostrum capsules with dentist recommendation. My mouth opening is improving. Before I found it hard to even put my toothbrush. But now I can eat most other food stuff .however I also feel numbness in my throat and was having difficulty BREATHING last week. It's gone again. I follow strict oral regime. Take garlic and green tea in morning daily. Eats lots of veggies and fruits. Do I have a chance of oral cancer and what is the problem with me. I always feel gas is formed in my stomach. Thanks.
My father is suffering from cancer he got operations n then completed the chemo, now is in danger condition of is life. Pls help us.
Head and neck cancers usually start in the squamous cells and are also referred to as squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck. It occurs in the nose, throat, mouth and salivary glands. Head and Neck cancers are further classified into various categories on the basis of the area of the neck and head where they occur. Although head and neck cancers are different, they both occur inside the mouth, sinuses, nose, salivary glands and throat, which are considered as a group.
Salivary gland cancers are generally very infrequent. An assortment of cancer causing cells is present in salivary glands, so various types of salivary gland cancers have been found to occur.
If you are habituated to consuming tobacco and alcohol, then you are at the highest risk of suffering from head and neck cancer; however, it can also be caused in people who suffer from infections caused by human Papilloma virus. Other factors may include:
- Oral health- Untreated gum diseases and oral cavity can be the reasons behind the development of the disease.
- Sex- Women are less prone to head and neck cancers than men.
- Lack of Nutrition- If your body is lacking in certain nutrients; you are more likely to catch the disease.
- Age- People above 40 years of age are more susceptible to head and neck cancer.
- Difficulty in swallowing- Inflammation and pain in throat, leading to a problem in swallowing.
- Hoarse Voice- Hoarseness or change in the voice.
Apart from this, there are some symptoms which show up in a specific area of your head and neck, such as:
- Oral Cavity- A red or white patch on the tongue, the gums or the lining of the mouth.
- Pharynx- Trouble in breathing and swallowing followed by a frequent headache.
- Surgery- Surgery is usually to remove the primary tumour in toto or as much as feasible. Also, clearence of the lymph nodes that are involved is done during surgery at the same time.
- Radiation Therapy- Radiation therapy is considered where functions like speech can be conserved.
- Chemotherapy- Radiotherapy in combination with chemotherapy can help, if you are suffering from a more advanced form of head and neck cancers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
I have a little lump with redness in my breast. Now in period time. Its look like a pimple. My age is 20. My grandma passed away because of breast cancer. So that whenever lump coming I am worrying for that. Is it no need to worry about that? Can you tell me why this lumps are coming and how many days it can be there?
I m prostate patient since 2010.Taken flotral D combo for 2 years .After 2 year (since) i m taking floatral 10 plain.One tab faily at night. PleaseTell me.Is it enough to avoid any complication in future?
My grandmother just now detected 2nd stage cancer in uretus (bachhadani) she is 86 years old. Is it beneficial to treat it with chemotherapy or in this age any other treatment like naturopathy etc. She is doing well no diabetes but hypertensive please recommend.
I have problem with my prostate. I am facing problem with my urine. I have take many treatment with doctors but no relief.
What is the cancer? What reason of the cancer? What medicine of cancer and which therapy used the cancer disease?
I am 29 years Male. In Mar14 I had occasional blood in my spit with no cough. After three months there was swelling in my parotid gland. CT scan and FNAC was done for the neck and it showed sialadenitis in parotid. The swelling subsided after taking medicines. In Sept’ 14 during my follow up of parotid, a nodule was detected in the thyroid. USG showed size of nodule as 12*6*6 (in mm). FNAC was performed on the thyroid nodule first in Sept 14 and then in Nov 15. First FNAC showed “Adenomatoid nodule with cystic degeneration” and second time inconclusive because of sub-optimal cellularity. Current size of the nodule as of March 16 is 13.7*9.5*7.2 (in mm). In addition to this I can also feel lympnodes in the submandular region for some years. These lympnodes are moveable. As of March’ 16 the largest size lympnode is in right submandular region with the size of 13*8 mm. There is no weight loss, fever, cough, fatigue etc. Blood in spit continues to come occasionally. What could be the reason?
Cancer indicates the growth of certain unusual cells, generally uncontrolled in nature, in any part of your body. It may also refer to a malignant tumor and it can affect any organ or any part of your body. There are many different cancers accordingly, such as lung cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer or blood cancer. Ayurveda offers effective measures for preventing cancer.
Read on to find more about the tips and get better prepared to fight this killer:
- According to Ayurveda, having fresh foods can help you to prevent cancer. Consuming more of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits may prove to be helpful.
- Avoiding fat based foods or fried foods can be effective in preventing cancer. Strike off hydrogenated fats (such as cookies, peanut butter, crackers etc) or saturated animal fats from your diet.
- Exercising on a regular basis may be very helpful. Stretching exercises, walking, breathing exercises and aerobics are considered to be useful preventive measures for cancer.
- Meditation and yoga are also effective ways to prevent cancer. These can help you to reduce stress and remain calm.
- Drinking green tea regularly can be very useful for killing any growth of cancerous cells in your body and thus help you to prevent cancer.
- Cutting down on foods with higher quantities of sugar can help you to prevent cancer.
- Include foods replete in vitamin D and vitamin C or citrus foods as these help to combat many kinds of cancer.
- Incorporate spices like turmeric in your daily cooking regimen. The 'curcumin' present in turmeric coupled with a few other accompanying properties can help to prevent the growth of cancer cells in your body.
- Garlic, whether consumed raw or cooked, can help you to fight the killer that cancer is.
Uterine cancer, also known as endometrial cancer, occurs mostly to middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
1. Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
2. Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
1. Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrium cancer.
2. Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
3. Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
4. Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
5. Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
6. Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.