Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhvi JoshiYour feedback matters!
My age is 34. After my delivery my weight increases due to thyroid. That time my weight 84 kg. So I request you please help me that how can reduce my weight ?
I asked my mom, she told me it's menstruation which is bleeding .And most important qns. During the period if I push my pussy and that white fluid comes out .wht does it happen? Do I get pregnant or what? .please reply me. I am so scared.
When I got periods im getting full stomach and back pain in every month im taking MeftalSpace tablet .is it any problems in future bez of taking tablets at tht time.
My wife is 5 month pregnant. She have swelling and pain in her feet. Her uric acid is 4.2. Is there any harm?
Hello. Doctors said that my mother has multilocular cyst on both ovaries. Before 8 years her uterus was removed. Now in CT scan they reported as" Bilateral ovarian complex cyst appearance favor Malignancy" What does it mean? Is it cancer? If it is a cancer, please explain me clearly about its stage.
Hello, I am pregnant (9 month). Dr. Will check vaginal infection if it then will be normal delivery? Doctor is Saying have chances of operation. It's my second delivery. First was normal.
I am 36 yrs female married and having three children. I am having problems with my periods it is often delayed and comes in 40 to 45 days but from last two months I didn't had my periods. I took the pregnancy test and it was negative. What is the possible reason and what shall I do?
Though it’s common for most people to consult allopathic physicians when they fall ill, you must have heard of alternate therapies like Reiki, Pranic healing and energy healing. These healing therapies share one thing in common - they all work by cleaning our aura.
What is the Aura?
The aura is a layer of energy that surrounds our physical body. Not just that, auras are found covering the physical bodies of all living beings on earth, like animals and plants. Auras are like cozy blankets that save us from harm, both physical and mental. That is the reason why they get torn and dirtied.
Why is the Aura important?
The ‘Prana’ or life force flows through the energy body or the aura. Any disturbance in this flow causes diseases, thus, a healthy, clean and energized aura is crucial for maintaining our well-being.
If there is a problem in your physical body, it will show up as a disturbance in your energy body too. For example, if your liver is sluggish, it is reflected as dirty, sticky energy in that part of your aura which corresponds to the liver.
If you are mentally, physically and emotionally healthy you will have a bright aura, and the energy centers on the aura called “Chakras” will be strong and active. On the contrary, if you are in any way not up to par, you will have a depleted aura with holes and tears. You will also be constantly losing energy which will further deplete your aura, making you sicker.
Can you cleanse your Aura?
The answer is a “yes”. You have a number of available options to choose from. What will work for you depends upon how damaged is your aura and your own capacity to cleanse and strengthen your aura.
- Approach a Pranic healer for cleansing and energizing your Aura: You have to do this if your aura is infested with too much dirty energy and this has already shown up as a serious disease like depression or hypertension. When you are too depleted of energy to help yourself, you must find a good pranic healer and go to him for treatment. What the healer will do is scan your aura to identify the problem. This will be followed by the treatment. The healer will cleanse your energy body using divine healing energy and Prana. He will follow this up with strengthening and energizing your aura. These two steps will automatically enhance the size of your aura and you will begin to feel relief. The treatment is usually divided into a number of sessions, depending on the severity of your disease and also on the cause of the problem. Pranic healing can also be done on the self, but you need to learn the correct way to cleanse and heal your aura first.
- Meditation: Your ‘chi’, ‘prana’ or internal energy in the aura can be increased by meditating. A good way to do this is by practicing the “Twin Hearts meditation”. The divine healing energy rains down on you during this meditation, immediately cleansing and energizing both your aura and the chakras.
- Hugging a tree: Connecting with nature is a great way to cleanse your aura. Another way is to hug a tree. The tree is able to cleanse your aura and make you healthier. Make sure, however, not to hug small shrubs or keep hugging the same tree daily for a long time, or it may well die.
- Crystal healing: Crystals can take away negative energies from our bodies and homes. You can use crystals like fire agate, labradorite and black Tourmaline as pendants to keep your aura clean.
- Smudging: Burning sage is a great way to clean your aura too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
A mastectomy is surgical removal of a breast. The surgery depends on various factors and choosing a type of mastectomy best suited for an individual suffering from breast cancer requires experience and expertise. With advancing technology, there are more options available for women to opt for surgeries, which are minimally invasive and conserving in nature. Following are the various types of mastectomies and the factors, which influence them:
Types of Mastectomy
1. Total or simple mastectomy
This is a surgical procedure which involves complete removal of the breast including the nipple. The lymph nodes, which are small glands, are an important part of your immune system and are kept intact during the surgery. This form of surgery is most suitable if the cancer has not spread to the lymph nodes.
2. Preventive mastectomy
Preventive mastectomy, also known as prophylactic mastectomy, is an option for women who have a high risk of developing breast cancer. Preventive mastectomy reduces the risk of breast cancer by a huge margin. In certain cases, removal of the entire breast along with the nipple is advisable. Women who develop cancer on one breast often opt for preventive mastectomy and remove the other unaffected breast as well.
3. Partial mastectomy
Women who are in stage I or stage ii of breast cancer can choose this procedure. It is a breast conserving technique where the tumor is removed along with the tissue that surrounds it. It is followed up by radiation therapy on the remaining breast tissue, which terminates the cancer cells and stops them from spreading. There are two types of partial mastectomy, namely, lumpectomy and quadrantectomy.
4. Radical mastectomy
Although this procedure is almost out of use, it is still considered in case the cancer has spread to certain areas like the chest muscle. In this form of surgery, the breast is removed entirety along with muscles beneath it and the lymph nodes.
5. Modified mastectomy
It is a more commonly used procedure characterized by complete removal of the breast including underarm lymph nodes. The chest muscles are untouched in the procedure, therefore allowing a breast reconstruction to follow.
Factors influencing the type of mastectomy:
• Age of the individual
• Health in general
• Size of the tumor
• The spread of the tumor
• The rate of progression of the tumor
• Whether lymph nodes are affected or not
Delivering a baby is a painful, but also a pleasurable moment for the mother. But if the delivery is done through a C-section surgery or what is more commonly termed as Caesarean delivery, the pain is not felt during the actual delivery since the woman in under anaesthesia. However, the real challenge is to recover from the operation. The first week is particularly critical. Here are some things you can do to manage it with less discomfort:
- The first few hours, naturally, you will be under close observation till you fully regain conscience if it was a general anaesthesia. If only the lower portion was numbed for the surgery, then also the feelings in the legs etc. will return within a few hours.
- You will start breastfeeding you baby; wear comfortable clothes so that you can feed the baby without any discomfort. If this is the first experience, learn things that you need to know through books or from friends and relatives who would have had a C-section earlier.
- You may feel more comfortable in a recliner than a flat bed. Most hospitals should be able to provide you one.
- You might be better off with a heater pad of your own, since your back may be aching considerably and bringing down the pain is essential.
- Wearing a binder around your tummy is another suggestion given by many women who have had a C-section delivery; besides helping with easing the pain, it also prevents the tummy from bulging, which you would want to avoid.
- Follow the obstetrician’s advice on having a shower and also on resuming some of your physical activities without hurting the stitches or the sutures.
- By Day 3, you should be able to resume eating your normal diet; in many cases, it could be earlier than that.
- Do take care to avoid lifting anything heavy. The heaviest object you can lift is your baby. Make your husband or any other person to help you through this period to avoid any complications later.
- How about medicines? If you are already on any kind of medication and if you had stopped any of them due to the surgical procedure, check with the doctor and resume taking the medicines.
- Keep a close watch on the food you eat, particularly since you will also be nursing your baby. Don’t hesitate to consult the doctor on things you may be fond of, but have to avoid in order to protect the kid from being affected in any way.
Pregnancy and delivery are some of the happiest moments in any mother’s life; so remain cheerful throughout and enjoy the moments. If the delivery has been done through C-section, some of these extra precautions are to be observed to make it easy for yourself to recover fast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello. I have regular period from last one year with 32-35 days cycle. My period is missed by 5 days. What is best time to take pregnancy test those who r having 32-35 days period cycle
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) occur when bacteria is introduced into the urinary tract. The most common symptoms associated with a urinary tract infection are a frequent urge to urinate and burning upon urination. Conventional treatment for UTIs is prescription antibiotics. Women are much more susceptible to UTIs because they have shorter urethras than men do, meaning there is less distance for the bacteria to travel to reach the urinary tract. Although there is no certain way to prevent a UTI, preventive methods can decrease your chances of developing a urinary tract infection.
There are many ways to prevent UTI but most important and easiest are below :
- Drink at least 6 - 8-oz. glasses of water, clear fluids or juices a day to increase urination. Increased urination helps to keep the bladder flushed, which reduces bacteria growth in the urinary tract.
- When you take a shower or bath, dry your genital area from front to back. Rinse thoroughly and dry by patting or by blotting with the towel from front to back.
- If you have to urinate, don’t wait too long. Ideally, you should empty your bladder every four hours during the day. But if you drink plenty of fluids, you may need to urinate more frequently.