Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Madhvi JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hi my baby is 2.5 months Will making him sleep on sides misshapen his head as said by the elders at home? Is breastfeeding while lying down safe?
After how many days of unprotected intercourse will the prega news pregnancy test show accurate results. ?
My age is 54. I am in post menopause time. My problem is wait. In spite of doing regular exercises and balanced diet I am facing wait problem. I am unable to melt my wait. This may be due to hormone imbalance. But how long this is going to be bothering me. Now my wait is 64kgs. I feel fatigue, body heavyness and more appetite. Please advice how to maintain my wait.
Adhesive capsulitis: an overview
If you are taken aback by the very mention of this condition, you must know this is something you face every now and then. The problem is not too serious until it persists and hence people do not bother to look up terrifying medical terms for the case. Adhesive capsulitis or frozen shoulder is a condition that could arise from a host of reasons. It is usually characterized by a marked stiffness in and around the shoulder blade felt either in the middle of the night, early in the morning or while trying to move a hand close to the end of its reach. Frozen shoulder might become a chronic problem in which case remedying it takes a minimum of one or two years.
Factors leading to Adhesive capsulitis
- This condition is prevalent amongst patients of diabetes.
- Lack of movement of a limb, either of the two hands, due to a fracture or a surgery can result in the same.
- Adhesive capsulitis occurs when the capsule of connective tissues ensconcing the ligaments and bones of your shoulder joint tightens around them hindering free and easy movement.
How is Adhesive Capsulitis Treated?
There are various treatments for adhesive capsulitis. Even though the condition usually gets better on its own, improvement can take two to three years. Over 90% of patients improve with non-surgical treatments, including the following:
- Physical therapy
- Corticosteroid injections
- Anti-inflammatory medications
Surgery can be performed for patients who see no improvement after non-surgical measures are taken.
How is subacromial bursitis different from Adhesive capsulitis?
While a frozen shoulder affects your entire shoulder area, subacromial bursitis affects a single point in the shoulder blade. The topmost boney part of the shoulder blade is referred to as the acromion. The acromion is placed above the ball- and- socket joint without touching the bones directly. The subacromial bursa is a soft cushion like thing that prohibits friction between the muscles or tendons of the shoulder joint and the acromion. An irritable subacromial bursa is referred to as subacromial bursitis.
How is Subacromial Bursitis Treated?
Subacromial Bursitis can be treated in a number of ways, including:
- Avoiding activities that aggravate the problem
- Resting the injured area
- Icing the area the day of the injury
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines
- What do you mean by rotator cuff tear?
Rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles located on top of the upper arm bone or humerus. The cuff helps to hold your arm in place allowing easy movement. Acute stress or physical exertion can lead to muscle cramps or might even make the tendons tear apart. Tennis players, swimmers, or people lifting heavy weights are prone to Rotator Cuff Tear. This condition leads to excruciating pain and tenderness in your shoulder blade.
What's the Treatment for a Rotator Cuff Tear?
As bad as these injuries can be, the good news is that many rotator cuff tears heal on their own. You just need to give them a little time. You also should:
- Rest the joint as much as possible. Avoid any movement or activity that hurts. You may need a sling.
- Ice your shoulder two to three times a day to reduce pain and swelling.
- Perform range-of-motion exercises, if your doctor recommends them.
- Consider physical therapy to strengthen the joint.
- Use anti-inflammatory painkillers, or NSAIDS, like Advil, Aleve, or Motrin.
More serious rotator cuff tears require surgery. One procedure is shoulder arthroscopy, usually an outpatient procedure.
Hii I have menstruation problem. No blood flow last 5 to 6 mnth. And thats why put on weight. Please help to solve menstruation problem.
Is there any chances to a girl to get pregnant only by hands of a boy? If any thing got left on the mans hand.
My wife is having pregnancy of 4th month. She's having too much vomiting. Can you suggest wht to do in dis condition.
I'm a single working girl living in Delhi from last 4 years. My breasts are lumpy in nature. Presently I'm on medication, taking treatment of hormonal imbalance. It's been (just) 3 months of the treatment. I've had (sometimes) irregular cycle of my periods, & during those days pain is almost excruciating. From last 6 months I've had a strange problem of having pain in my breasts. Upon (even little) stimulation, I can feel the tingling sensation & afterwards pain. Now lumps are more clear, so clear that I can feel them now & upon touching them pressingly, it hurts, also in one breast (my right one) I feel more pain. Earlier it wasn't like this. I've done the relevant tests done & the reports of those tests (Serum Prolactin, USG breasts & abdomen, TSH, Urine culture & Blood culture) are okay (if not normal) so to speak. Doctor has said it's the issue of hormonal imbalance which is causing this problem of pain in the breasts, lumpiness of the breast & (sometimes) irregular periods. But I'm afraid. I feel fearful of some major physical ailments which might be causing such conditions. I'm so afraid that these days I'm continuously thinking about it. I want to know what can be cause of - pain in the breasts, lumpiness of the breast & (sometimes) irregular periods. & how it can be taken care of? Please provide correct and relevant information.
Recently I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend with all protection. But I'm not having my periods now. I didn't remember the actual date like when my periods should happen. Is there a chance that I might be pregnant. Please help me!
Hello Doctor, main ap se ek salah lena chahta hu ki meri wife Coper T lagwane ke liye nahi manti hai. Waise to main pregnancy ko avoid karne ke liye condom use krta hu. But main jan na chahta hu ki Copper T ko use karne se ladies ko sex ke time ya normal daily routine jaise ke ghar ke kaam me koi problem aati hai? And kya yeh fact hai ki Copper T use karne se wife pregnant nahi hogi? Please help me and advice.
During pregnancy you should consume extra protein and calcium to meet the needs of the growing fetus.
While many of us wish we could stay under the shower all day in the summers, winters and lazy Sundays find many of us making excuses to skip a shower. However, having a shower not only keeps you clean, it also plays an important part in keeping you healthy and fit. According to Ayurveda, a morning shower is an essential part of the daily routine and is considered as a therapeutic activity. Here are a few reasons you should never skip a morning shower.
- It calms your muscles: A shower reduces tension in your muscles and can help relax sore muscles. It also helps increase flexibility and muscle elasticity. If you’ve slept awkwardly and woken up with a stiff neck, a shower can help ease the stress and make you more comfortable. Thus, a simple shower could save you a trip to the physiotherapist.
- Showers boost circulation: Showering with warm water increases blood circulation and ensures that even cells in your extremities receive nutrition. Increased blood circulation also reduces pressure on your heart and protects you against a number of cardio vascular ailments.
- It boosts the immune system: The core function of taking a shower is to clean the body. This reduces the number of bacteria and fungal cells that can infect you. A cold shower also stimulates the vascular and lymph system and promotes the production of white blood cells that fight infections. Showering also helps eliminate toxins that are released along with sweat.
- Elevates the mood: If you’re feeling blue, a shower may be what you need. Having a cold water shower activates the nervous system and increases the amounts of chemicals such as beta endorphins and noradrenaline in the blood. These chemicals help fight depression and elevate the mood. Additionally, a cold water shower also sends electrical impulses that have an anti-depressive effect from the brain.
- Improves lung functionality: When you put your head under water, you are forced to breathe differently. Showering makes you take a deep breath and hold it in for a few seconds before exhaling. This action opens up your lungs and increases your oxygen intake.
- It makes you more sociable: It’s simple; when you bathe, you smell good. This makes people want to be around you and boosts your confidence. You’re also less worried about your hair looking oily or your shoulders being dusted with dandruff when you’ve taken a shower and hence can focus your attention on conversations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.