Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.S Nanavati
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.S NanavatiYour feedback matters!
I am having less menstrual flow for 2 months. I was under a lot of stress and had sleeping problems. Can this be the reason? I got worried.
Hi, I am married female my periods were irregular after marriage, but my last periods were on September 25th till today I didn't get periods and doctor advised me to take pregnancy test but it showed negative. I don't why I am not getting periods. My rubella antibody was only 0.8. Is there any chance for not getting periods because of rubella antibody?
I am 28 years old women I have completed three month from my delivery and my doctor suggested to have a Copper. T to avoid pregnancy. I have got so many comments from peoples but am still confused could you please suggest can I have copper. T?Is it safe? Note please suggest me if weight gain will the there after having copper. T bcoz I don't want to take in thts case because I have already gained so much weight during pregnancy. Also confirm me if that will produce body heat? Will it suits for all kind?
Hallo I want to know that how many days difference is safe for making sex relationship between multiple partner without condom.
Hearing a doctor diagnose you with 'ovarian cysts' can make your mind think of the worst case scenarios, but this is actually quite a common diagnosis. Almost all women are diagnosed with ovarian cysts at some point of their life.
The difference lies in the type and size of cyst diagnosed. Hence, before you panic, read up and get informed. However, not everything you read online is trustworthy. Like every other health condition, ovarian cysts are surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's debunk five of the most common myths surrounding this condition:
- Myth - It requires a surgery: Contradictory to what you may initially think, not all ovarian cysts are harmful. In most cases, these cysts are small, non cancerous and will be resolved on their own. Surgery is needed only in cases where the cyst is abnormally large or where the cyst is diagnosed as a dermoid cyst or as endometriomas. Hence, if you have been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst find out how big the cyst is and what type of a cyst it is.
- Myth - It causes infertility: Being diagnosed with a cyst in your ovaries will not make you infertile or restrict your ability to bear a child. However, it can lead to complications that may cause infertility. If these cysts become infected it could lead to scarring of the fallopian tubes. This is one of the most common causes of infertility. Another situation in which an ovarian cyst may lead to infertility is if it is associated with endometriosis.
- Myth - They are cancerous: With ovarian cysts, every case is unique. However, in most cases, the cysts to not develop into cancerous cells and neither are they cancerous to begin with. A pelvic ultrasound can help your doctor diagnose the type of cyst present in your body. If the doctor deems it cancerous, he or she will usually advise surgery to remove it immediately.
- Myth - It only affect women after menopause: A cyst can develop in the ovaries at any stage of a woman's life. A number of women could even develop cysts that they are not aware of. In some cases, women can even develop these cysts post a hysterectomy that does not involve the removal of the ovaries.
- Myth - It cannot be controlled: If you suffer from recurrent ovarian cysts, taking birth control pills can help the situation. This can suppress the development of cysts in future. Losing weight if you are overweight or quitting smoking can also lower the risks of developing ovarian cysts.
Hello. I am suffering from mensuration cramp from so many years every month. Its very painful that I have to take pain killer and injections also. I tried lots of dots advise but no result. Its start on first day and last for three days. My pains occurs on left side of my lower belly and its goes upto my whole leg. Even I am not able stand properly. please help me in this problem.
It is a very common notion that fat is not good for your body. Most people have started opting for sugar instead of fat, which, in turn, has led to the rise in cases of diabetes. Recent studies have shown that fat is actually healthy for your body. Fat plays an important role in the body such as forming the membranes of the cell and reducing inflammation.
Here are some foods that are rich in fat and are actually good for you:
- Avocado: Avocadoes are different from other fruits in the way that they are rich in fats unlike other fruits, which mostly contain carbohydrates. It mostly contains oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that is beneficial for the immune system. They are also rich in fiber that lowers the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Dark chocolate: As mouthwatering as it can get, dark chocolates never fall out of a foodie’s list of things he can’t do without. Studies have always attributed chocolates with all the ill effects they can possibly bring on you. However, recent researches have come up with quite contrary results, which can make all the prejudiced ones eat the humble pie. Dark chocolates, apart from their exotic varieties, come with incredible health benefits as well. It is rich in fats and antioxidants, known to improve your cardiovascular health. Chocolate is also known to lower blood pressure and improve brain function.
- Fish: Fish such as sardines, mackerel and salmon are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your heart. It lowers the risk of heart disease and other cardio vascular diseases.
- Nuts: Nuts are rich in healthy mono-saturated fats which reduce the risk of diabetes, obesity and heart diseases. Nuts also contain magnesium and Vitamin E which are good for the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is rich in Vitamin K and E along with various antioxidants. These antioxidants help in preventing inflammation and free radical damage to the body.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are types of seeds which are rich in fats and fiber, thus promoting satiety. They have anti-inflammatory properties and help in lowering the blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
2 moths passed I got married. We r using not any precaution bt still there is no conceive in my wife. I am 33 yrs. Wife is 25. What sud I do.
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Fibroadenoma with a 6 mm simple cyst. I know it is not alarming but I am feeling discomfort in my breast with some pain sometimes and don't want to get it operations. No family history of breast cancer but I am always thinking about it. Can I trust to cure it with proper Yoga. Please help. Thanks!
Today morning she had a pregnancy test with prega news pregnancy test kit. It came negative. Today again she felt nausea and weak. We r still very worried. If we wait till 10 January. And that time if we test again and got positive. Then will not be too late to avoid the pregnancy by then. After 14 days of sex is their any abortion process? Then what? Mam Please tell me in details. It will help us. We both r very very worried.
My vagina hole is too small, its so hard to do sex with my husband, please help dor smooth experience.
Me and my husband are suffering from tb, we both are under medication fr the past 2 months, we wnt 2 conceive. Should we conceive aftr d medication is complete?
I am pregnant, now its 3rd month I am suffering from severe vomtings. please doctor help me I am not able to digest little bit of water also nd nt able to eat anything. Vomtings are sever help me sir/mam.
Is there any sideeffect of unwanted 72. And what can be side effects if pill is taken and girl is not pregnant? Please ans both.
Dear Sir/Madam, My daughter whose age is 20 and weight 70 kg is having menstrual problem as her period is irregular and not clear. Each month it bleeds for app. 23 days. Her hemoglobin is 13. Doctors prescribed haem up c for 30 days but no improvement. At this age hormone medicine is also not advised Please suggest what to do or is this the symptoms of major problem.
The question of whether or not a woman should work out or not when it is the time of the month is one that has been much talked about. Fluctuations in hormone levels that take place during the monthly cycle have a tremendous impact on the level of energy, stamina and the body's response to exercise. The likelihood of getting injured is also different during periods.
Exercising during your period has many positive impacts on the body. Each woman's ability to work out and her response to it are different and hence the workout routine you must adhere to can vary from person to person.
What are the benefits of working out during periods?
- exercising during periods can be effective in alleviating the symptoms that accompany your period at the time such as stress and anxiety.
- loss of body fluids through sweating while doing exercises significantly reduces bloating in the belly.
- exercising can also ensure that there is less cramping and heavy flow during periods.
- endorphins released during exercise functions as a natural painkiller for period pains.
What are the best ways of working out during periods?
Depending upon how your body responds to periods, suitable workout routines can vary from high-intensity training (hit) like running, cycling and heavy lifting to low intensity training (lit) like brisk walking and step aerobics.
Most women opt for light exercises during the first few days of the cycle and then gradually increase intensity, which is advisable for those who are not in the habit of regularly working out. Athletes and sportswomen who train all around the year take to high-intensity workouts that focus on core strengthening and cardio boost.
What exercises should be avoided during periods?
The only kind of workout that should be avoided during this time is yoga that involves any 'inverted pose' that requires a woman to perform partial or complete headstands. These poses negatively impact blood flow and can cause painful heavy bleeding.
Apart from that, when it comes to exercising during periods, the guideline is simple - if you can handle it, you should go ahead and do it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!