Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. M A KhanYour feedback matters!
Hlo ! I m 21 years old I m suffering from brain hemrage from more than one year i lost some of my memory nd left side of my body go paralised. Please suggest me best treatment to get recover from it.
Hello doctor, I have hand shaking when lifting weight items or holding why this is happen and what can I do? and I don't have diabetes please help me.
My young brother is handicapped from childhood. He can't able to walk properly can't eat properly and his brain is nt as good as us. His right leg nerves is getting hard day by day. Physiotherapists give him a shoe to walk with it . Any other solution for my brother to cure his defect permanently?
My sister had 1st treatment at sahyadri hospital pune, she has migraine problem, today pain is getting out of control, she is badly crying. please help doctor.
My father had epilepsy stroke 2 years back so he is consuming eptoin from 2 years now he is not going for regular consultancy but is consuming eptoin as a regular medicine till death is it right that for epilepsy patient eptoin is compulsory till his her death?
I am suffering from insomnia from several months I usually wake up at night and can not sleep after then I even dreams nightmares at night sometimes too scary or sexual dreams.
Hi! I have cervical spondylosis earlier I use to have numb sensation in my left arm and left hand lilltel finger and ring finger, now this has aghrivated to my right hand and right leg. Am I am worried now. Pls suggest what needs to be done. Regards Nsb.
I am facing a lot of mental stress now a days, since January 2016 I am thinking about kill myself so many time in a day. I feel that negativity is fully occupied my mind and soul. Due to this I am suffering from insomnia and other mental ailments. My professional and familiar life is totally smashed. Please advice me as soon as possible. Also my weight is reduced to 43 Kg from 52 Kg.
I am facing numbness in hands and feet from last 6 months. Maximum problem is while sleeping. All blood results are normal and there is no deficiency. I have been prescribed several medications but all in vain. Even acupressure does not work. Please help.
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include: