Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Lohitaksha.H.SuratkalYour feedback matters!
I have a stone in my kidney. My left kidney dose not work properly. So kindly help me as soon as possible.
Meri ma ko bhut jyada toilate ho raha hai ye aaj morning se hi start hua hai or 5-10 me for toilate lag ja raha hai please give me some solution.
He is having inflammation in urinary tract while urinating. Is he suffering from urinary tract infection?
My age is 28 now I am suffering from bilateral grade V Vesicoureteral reflex and when I pass urine just burn no pain and problem. Now I am young what should I do now.
Hi! According to USG test I got a cal of 8 mm in my left VUJ. Consulted with an urologist and prescribed with tasulin 0.4, levofloxacin 500 and alkaston b6 syrup. He asked me to see him after 7 days. If things go good then its good. Else I need to go through surgery. My question is there no other option but surgery? What are the diets I should follow? Help me I do not want to go through surgery.
I have kidney stone in both kidneys about 5.5 mm what to do. Is surgery is better than taking medicine.
My 10 years son had deep yellow urine since last 5 days. Sent his blood to Dr. Lal lab and rceceived lft report as follows billirubin direct 2.77mg/dl indiect 2.57mg total 5.34mg/dl sgpt 2226u/l sgot 1797u/l. Alp 403u/l ggt 152 u/l red cell distribution width 17% esr 53. Has good appetite and moving normally, mild itching, pl guide? giving sorbiline 7.5ml twice daily.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer.depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.