Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lamba
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LambaYour feedback matters!
I had opted randomly lever function test, Kidney Function test, lipid profile, fasting glucose and CBC test for my mother. I found that most of the test results were normal, but alkaline phosphate was quite high (i.e 404 unit against the upper limit of 200). Since she is diabetic, glucose fasting was 174 units. My concern was high level of alkaline phosphate. I opted ultrasound for her in which doctor told that there is stone in gallbladder. But he suggested me to not to go for operation as my mother's age is 55 and she is diabetic too. He said that stone is in silent state Let it be there only. Apart from that fatty lever was found. So these could be the reasons for high alkaline phosphate level? Or should I go for some more checkups. Please suggest. Thanks and regards
Homeopathy is a complementary system of healing that believes in ‘like cures like’. But can it cure infertility? Read on to know more about the role of homeopathy in infertility. Homeopathy uses the same principle of ‘like cures like’ to treat infertility as well.
In scientific terms, infertility is defined as the inability to conceive despite having regular unprotected sex for one or more than one year . The cause for infertility can be either present in the male or female partner like low sperm counts in men or poor quality of sperm and hormonal disturbances, blocked fallopian tubes, endometriosis, fibroids etc. in women.
Homeopathy works in infertility by:
- Regulating ovulation in women
- Increasing sperm count and improving sperm mobility in men
- Removing emotional blockages
- Reducing stress
- Treating depression and anxiety
Homoeopathy is especially useful in curing infertility due to low sperm count and sperm motility. A homoeopath can identify the cause of your infertility by asking you specific questions related to your:
- Duration of trying to conceive
- Nicotine, alcohol, coffee or tea consumption
- Genital diseases including inflammation, surgery and trauma
- Any other conditions you may suffer from, including hereditary conditions
- Any active infection in the body
- Exposure to toxins such as chemicals, radiation, heat or noise
- Stress levels
Homoeopathic remedies for infertility
If you want a sure cure for infertility, visit a reputed homoeopath who will match the right medicine with your constitution and symptoms. However, we have a list of common remedies for the condition for your information:
- This is a very powerful uterine remedy
- It is very useful in cases where the woman miscarries repeatedly
- Useful in treating uterine prolapse
- Treats late and scanty periods, irregular periods, as well as early and profuse bleeding
- Treats irregular or absent ovulation
- Treats low sex drive in men
- Treats women who have recurrent miscarriages
- Treats inflammation of ovaries and uterus after an abortion
- Boosts the immune system and improves chances of conception
- Treats infertility caused by depression, feelings of self-hatred and worthlessness
- Treats high blood pressure
- Treats enlarged and prolapsed uterus
- Treats infertility due to uterine polyps
- Infertility due to anxiety and stress
- Treats infertility in males due to low sperm counts
- It helps in improving the quality of sperms
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 40 year old man. I am suffering diabetic last 2 year normally my sugar level pp is above 275. I take glidz m be but not control. What can I do.
Health benefits of pickles
Free radical scavenging from antioxidants: pickles can be good source of antioxidants, especially decalepis hamiltonii or swallow root. As the vegetables or unripe fruits are stored fresh without cooking, the antioxidants present in those vegetables or unripe fruits are preserved as it is. Antioxidants are those micronutrients that help in protecting our body against the attacks of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable chemicals that are produced during cellular metabolism. These unstable chemicals react with our cells and damage our dna to become unstable and in the process, create more and more free radicals. We can protect ourselves from free radical attacks by consuming food with high antioxidants. A lot of emphasis these days is put on antioxidants by dieticians and doctors.
Supply of probiotic or gut-friendly bacteria: probiotic bacteria are those friendly bacteria that are present in our digestive system. These bacteria actually help us in the digestion of food. Sometimes, due to the use of antibiotics, along with invading bacteria, these friendly bacteria are also killed. The fall in their numbers can cause digestive problems that can be solved by eating pickles made without the use of vinegar. Naturally fermented salt pickles encourage the growth of these friendly bacteria, which will replenish the numbers in our digestive system and restore our health.
Supply of essential minerals and vitamins: fresh pickles, dips or chutneys are made from leafy vegetables or herbs such as coriander, curry leaves, spinach, parsley, and amaranth. These fresh pickles are interesting and appetizing ways of making children eat their share of leafy vegetables and herbs, which are otherwise boring for children. Eating freshly made pickles not only tastes good, but they also supply essential vitamins such as vitamin c, a, k, folate and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Vitamins and minerals are vital micronutrients which protect us from diseases, help us build immunity, bone strengthening, vision protection, curing anemia, and various other functions.
Diabetes control: studies have shown that consuming vinegar based pickles improves hemoglobin levels in diabetic patients, which in turn helps in controlling diabetes. The acetic acid present in vinegar has been noted to be responsible for this phenomenon. However, care must be taken to avoid the consumption of salted pickles as excess salt increases blood pressure.
Improves digestion: in india, indian gooseberry or amla (phyllanthus emblica) is one of the favourite fruits that are pickled. This fruit is believed to possess several health benefits according to ayurveda treatments and moreover, since amla is a seasonal fruit, unripe amla pickles are prepared. It is customary practice in some indian families to have amla pickle as the first course or an appetizer as it is believed that amla pickle improves digestion.
Liver protection: apart from benefits such as improved digestion, amla or gooseberry pickle also has hepatoprotective properties. Studies have shown that when amla extracts were administered on lab animals with chemical-induced hepatotoxicity or liver damage, the damage was reduced significantly.
Reduces ulcers: ulcers are internal wounds caused due to a failure of mucus membranes and acid interaction on tissues. Particularly, gastric ulcers are caused by a weakening of mucous membrane and hyperacidity. Regular consumption of amla or indian gooseberry pickles also help in reducing ulcers, if any.
मूझे काफी टाइम से थ्रोइड प्रॉब्लम है जिसके कारण मुझे हेयर फॉल रहने लगा है मेरे हेयर बहुत पतले होने लगे है हाथ लगते ही बाल गिरने लगते है नहाते वक्त ओर आयल लगते वक़्त हर रोज 20-30 हेयर गिर जाते है में न्यूट्रिसिशन में ओमेगा जेल उपयोग में लेता हूं
I have hypothyroid since 3 years now the TSH is 9.93 and I have many problems like neck pain to arm, sudden muscle sprain, memory loss, irregular periods, hair loss, diarrhea, laziness, tiredness, difficult to swallowing, so pls let me know if TSH increases is these symptoms are common or dangerous? How can I reduce or cure this problem. Kindly guide me.
I'm 40 years old male suffering from diabetes for the last one year what are the p recautions to be taken to cure it and diet restrictions.
Are you addicted to sugar and all sugary items? Have you tried cutting down your sugar intake, only to realize how tough, and sometimes impossible it is? These facts make it evident that something in your brain does not function normally, or in its usual way when it comes to sugar and sugary food items. This occurs because of several factors.
- Sugar addiction is caused by the overstimulation of your brain’s reward center
- Sugar is fattening in a unique way because of its high fructose content. There are various ways in which sugar causes you to overeat, leading to weight gain. The primary reason for developing an addiction to sugar is because of its impact on the brain’s reward center.
- When you eat sugary food, a large amount of dopamine gets released into the Nucleus Accumbens, which is a certain area of the brain. When you consume these food items frequently, the dopamine receptors become slow in regulating. As a result, the receptors for dopamine get lessened. This indicates that the next time you consume these specific food items, the effects of the receptors become blunt.
- For receiving the reward of the same level, you will be tempted into eating more sugary food. Sugar rich food function quite similarly to drugs of abuse such as nicotine, cannabis, amphetamine and cocaine. Similar centers of the brain come into play in both these forms of addiction.
- People having some sort of predisposition towards addiction are likely to get more addicted to such sweet and sugary food items, having no control over consumption.
This is the way in which sugar hijacks your brain chemistry, making you crave for more and more sugar, and in turn influences your behavior.
In some people, certain anatomical changes in the brain take place, when frequently exposed to food rich in sugar. It ends up in full fledged addiction in many people. According to the experiences of drug addicts who have been substance abusers for several years, the addiction to sugar and food rich in sugar content is exactly the same as any kind of drug addiction. There are no major differences, except that the substance of addiction and the consequences are totally different.
Several recovering drug addicts have stated that they crave for sugar, junk food, and any sweet food item in the same way they craved for alcohol and other drugs. This proves the level of addictive sugar, and it is recommended for everybody to abstain from consuming too much sugar. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.