Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kshitij AmbegaonkarYour feedback matters!
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
Hi, My mother met with an accident yesterday. Her L1 spinal bone got a small crack. Now the doctor (Neurosurgeon) is insisting for a surgery. He said that a plate will be placed there which they have to import from Germany. Initially the orthopedic doctor didn't say anything regarding the surgery and said that she will be fine within some 45 days of bed rest. She is completely in bed and even cannot sit due to acute pain. Medical history: >>She had undergone 2 surgeries for uterus cancer 9 years back. There were 27 radiations and 5 chemotherapies. >>At an average every couple of months she gets acute fever and her head gets heated up like fire. Doctors say that this is due to the reaction of chemicals during cancer treatment. >>Couple of months back she had bleeding with urine and stool >>No diabetes Age: 52 My questions: Is surgery really required? If surgery required will it be safe? Is there an alternative for this treatment?
I have a back pain last 2 months I am so suffering for these. And I am 35 years old, have if got any relief.
I have body pain specially knees and back perpetually. Can you suggest some effective home remedies or natural remedies to ease the pain I'm 62 Years old, have hypo thyroid and obese. Can you help me with short remedies for all above.
Actually sir my father has pain in his back since last 8 months. I have made lot of treatment but still not much relief. He has relief only till medicine effect. I am very upset now what should I do?
My mom is 47 year old. She is suffering neck and arm pain for two years. The neurologist sugest cervical xray and gives tryptomer10 mg pantocid tab but the pain is not fine. orthopedic doctor gives pantodac and other tablet and neck exercise but the pain is some day low and some day high. We go a ortho neuro physio therapy the neck pain is low but the arm pain is same. What is this? Please gives some better medicine so my mom arm neck pain is complete fine..
I am 23 years old. I am getting some internal pain in joint portions of my head and leg. I want to know what is the reason of its? And my parents are affected by diabetics. So have any chance to me to affected by diabetic at this age?
I am 38 and frm last 5 years I have acute pain in my joints and ften aong with pain swelling of parts like hand and toes ocvures what should I do.
I am getting pain from last 1.5 years at different points of right side of my body, foot, acute pain at one point of thighs, shoulder, back side of neck and neck sidelines are very stiff, apart from this getting pain in whole arm and appears to be swell too, acute headache in half part of head and it covers my eye too. Thumb is paining badly which creates problem in typing. Don't know whats going on with me. It feels like some nerve is pulling and creating pain all over the body. I have hypothyroidism since last 7 years and I am taking thyronorm 100 mg daily. Please suggest.
I'm suffering from severe pain, back of the right knee (I feel pain while bending and lifting of leg on the mussel and nerves, I feel too much stress at back of the knee. Please give some suggestions for needful help)
My mother is 78 years old, she is having arthritis, BP and her back is bent. She is having numbness in her hand.
I have a disease called carry spine in D6-D5" level. Nd due to carry spine I hav also a paraplegic patient. Nd now when I want sex with my wife my penis is not response. Meant is not take strong. What is it. Id this any thing serious.
Hello sir, I have back pain problem. Also eyesight problem. When I use my mobile. That time come eyes drops problem. Please give me suggestion.
My left leg is in problem for 2 years. It can't be bend properly during meditation. In short sneaking I can't fold my left leg in palthi position where as there is no problem in sittings at the chairs. What should I do? should I do?
Osteoarthritis is a condition that causes cartilages in the joints of a human body to wear away. The joints in your body are made of bones and the ends of each bone have cartilages to prevent friction between them. Certain factors like age, nutrition or health threats can cause the cartilages to break down into bits and pieces. As a result, bones come into direct contact with one another causing the joints to swell or to turn tender.
Take a look at the following factors that can cause osteoarthritis
- Stress on specific joints due to certain postures: The triggering cause behind acute joint pain could be the way you sit for long hours in a day. A sportsperson might face joint pains due to his or her occupation. Similarly, any person required to sit or stand for a long stretch of time due to his/her jobs can suffer from osteoarthritis as well.
- There might be a deformity in any of your joints: A person born with joint deformities might suffer from arthritic problems later in life. Severe accidents can lead to deformities too.
- You may have suffered injuries that resulted in the condition: Joint pains needn’t always require an impactful injury. Mild or heavy injuries can lead to arthritis all the same. Defects in the joint cartilage could be passed on through genes.
- Age could also be a contributing factor: If a person is aging, his or her chances of developing osteoarthritis increase manifold. Age can make your bones and cartilages go weak. As you grow older, the capacity of your bones to absorb nutrition also decreases.
Prevalent symptoms that help you identify osteoarthritis
- A grinding sensation in the joints: A person suffering from osteoarthritis will experience continual bouts of grinding pain in the joints. This may keep him or her from walking, sitting, working or even resting. The grinding sensation is indeed disabling.
- You tend to face stiffness in the bones: Patients with this kind of arthritis have been reported with lacking flexibility in their joints. If they are sitting for too long, or have been inactive for some time or might have just woken up from sleep, they are likely to experience stiffness in their bones. Joints even turn sore in such situations.
- Extra bits of bones could create trouble: Extra bits of bones that develop at a later age are also referred to as bone spurs. They stick around the sore area and make movement a real challenge.
Modes of treatment
If osteoarthritis is detected at an early age, it can be fought against using medications. However, when the disease is really discomforting, treatment procedures like acupuncture or regimented exercising can help a patient. Yoga also does wonders to remedy joint pain. Surgical procedures are also available but they should be fallen back upon as a lender of the last resort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.