Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kshithij AmbegaonkarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 26 years old and I have neck pain from last 6 months. I have used some pain killers but they are helpful only when I consume them regularly.
Sir from 5-6 days I have left side lower back problem I am trying to throw a heavy stone than I have back pain I suggest some village massager I get some relief but not fully recovered what I do?
Hello sir, i'm 32 years old. I get regular pain on my left leg more at gastrocnemius and upper muscles and sometimes on my right leg for 2 3 hours then it normal. How can I get rid of it. Please help.
I am sravan having knee pain since three months I took mri doctor suggested ligament issue please suggest tablets.
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last months. I have yoused pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
I am 45 years old woman have back muscle pain left side of spinal cord. Exray shows muscle sweeling. What should I do? I drive scooty is that a reason?
I hve problem with my back always its pain after 2 to 3 days its stop from last 2 years everything I hve done.
I have been pain since last 2 week in my lower side of left chest. And sometimes it's huge, even I can't move my left arm also due to pain. Is it gastric problem or else?
My sister has pain in her left forearm for more that a year. We have consulted ortho and done enough physiotherapy as advised. But either no relief or cure. We do not know to whom we consult further as we now we feel neither ortho nor neuro has nothing to do with this ailment. Please advise whom we have to consult.
I am 78 yrs. Suffering from knee-joint pain perticularly right knee from last two yrs. What should I do?
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.