Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna KumariYour feedback matters!
Hi . I got negative preg test as i did 4 days before. But still i m confused that i might be pregnant. My date of periods is 5 of month. I don't want to be pregnant. What to do.
I just missed my periods in january and still 'im waiting for it. My so many friends told me to eat iron tablets ,chukandar, papaya. And recently I just lost 2 kilogram weight ,but i'm gaining some fat on my stomach. And the most important thing is I don't have any kind of sexual contact with any one. And from 2 years i'm getting some cough problems but according to my report it is normal but I don't thing so. My blood group is o and my mom is patient of thyroid and she had some ovary problem also. So I don't know what to do with MY PERIOD PROBLEMS KINDLY SUGGEST ME FOR IT please. And also suggest me that should I go for thyroid checkup.
I use to have this menstrual pblm back 4 years & I consulted doctor she gave me medicine it worked well & I was happy for it & now again started. The cycle did not stop now it was 11th day.
Hi doctor, I am female of age 25, generally I use to have regular periods, with 28 days cycle, so last month it should come on feb 24, came 4 days before ie. On feb 20 .later my husband and me had an intercourse after 14 th day. But now this month my period came with delay of 2 days ie. Mar 22. But no bleeding was happening after experiencing some blood on the first day. send day ie. Mar 23 also im not getting any bleeding. Only slight bleeding was happening .can you pls help me in explaining this. Is there any chances for me for getting pregnant. Pls help me doctor im very confused.
I had an abortion on 10th jan. I got hcg blood test done today. The result is 3.13 mIU/ml. What does this indicate? Is the pregnancy terminated?
Accidentally yesterday ,me and my husband were doing an unprotected sex. After that I take unwanted 72 pill within 1 hour. How will I confirm that am free from pregnancy or not? Please help.
My age is 40 years, I have a 8.1 mm cyst on the wall of uterus. Also the my uterus is enlarge (3 times from the normal size). Continues bleeding more then 17 days my Dr. Had send the tissue for biopsy. Is it necessary to remove the uterus in this case please advice.
I am 22 male and my girlfriend is 21, we both are virgin and we had a intercourse of three mins five days before but am not sure that my sperms where out at that time but am afraid that it may result in pregnancy and if that happens how to terminate it suggest me.
My wife age is 28 years five month old baby is with us after delivery my wife didn't have periods till now please tell me it happen or we should consultant any lady doctor for.
Hi mam. My age 28 I got married. Its over 10 month completed. I have problem. Last 3 month I have lite spotting for 10 days before my periods. It shown only one day one time only. Only lite spotting. May I know the reason. Also I want to get pregnancy. Give me the suggestion. Also last 5 month I have irregular period. For 5days late my period. please help.
Hi I am 25 year old with two kid. I am in depression as my breast is not attractive and become small and saggy. Please suggest some homeopathic treatment. Is there any medicine available in homeopathic to make enlarge and firming breast.
I am 35 years old woman. I suffer from diabetes. Once in a every fortnight I am feeling itching in my vagina. Continuous for 3-4 days. Please suggest me some medicine or ointment to cure my problem.
I am getting marriage at my first night is it necessary that I have to wear a condom or I go for direct because I heard that without a condom it may cause STD due that I am afraid so please suggest.
Today ld is prevalent among 12% of school going children and is often left unnoticed. If identified at an early stage it can be remidiated (if not cured).
Unidentified ld can leave a child emotionally scared and academically backward.
What is learning disability?
Learning disability is a disorder in one or more of the basic psychological processes involved in understanding or in using language -spoken or written, which may manifest itself in an imperfect ability to listen, think, speak, read, write, spell or do basic mathematical calculations. It is characterised by
A) disorder of attention and hyperactivity.
B) memory disorders.
C) academic characteristics (dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculcia).
D) disorder of listening.
E) disorder of spoken language.
F) visual, auditory, haptic perception deficits
G) motor deficits in fine and gross motor skills
Some common signs of learning disabilities
1) does your child have a illegible handwriting,
2) mixture of cursive and print writing,
3) unfinished or omitted words in a sentence,
4) difficulty mastering rules of language,
5) remembering facts and numbers,
6) poor handwriting,
7) awkward pencil grip,
8) trouble with word problems in maths,
9) frequent reading and spelling errors (d, b) or (left, felt),
10) difficulty following sequence of directions,
11) trouble with word problem in maths
12, trouble learning maths facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, difficulty measuring things
If you notice at least four of the above signs you need to consult a professional.
Im 20 years old and from past 1 week im not able to sleep its like I feel sleepy in morning at 8: 00 am and I wake up at 5: 00 pm what should I do so I can sleep early?
I am 23 year's old I had pregnancy 3rd month running but I have black skin tone totally body my husband has normal colour so I be born white colour baby so what type of food I take in this 9 month. Please help me.
Hi, my cycle is of 25 days, my last period started on 14th nov. Me and my husband got intimated on dec 1st using condom. We are worried that the semen had fallen surrounding or near to me while taking out. Soon I took morning aftr pill within an hour. Can you pls tell me is there any chances to conceive and let me know the symtoms of pregnancy coz today is my date but I dint get my periods yet. Pls help me am really worried as we got married 2 monthsafter pill within an hour. Can you pls tell me is there any chances to conceive and let me know the symtoms of pregnancy coz tell me is there any chances to conceive and let me know the symptoms of pregnancy coz today is my date but I dint get my periods yet. Pls help me am really worried as we got married 2 mnths before only.
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
Symptoms of diabetes
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.