Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan ParmarYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my feet base after walking or standing for long time. What is the reason and what are the things I should do to avoid this. Also my knees front and back also pain. Do I need to take medications or exercises are enough to make my legs stronger.
Everyone can understand that men feel very angry and sad when they are diagnosed with erectile dysfunction. However, not many know that if these feelings are not dealt with then you may suffer from depression as well as erectile dysfunction. The statistics agree with this statement that 82% of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction also suffer from depression. The science also agrees with this statement that depression causes chemicals in your brain to get out of balance and this may mean that you have lesser sexual desire and perhaps even impotency. Here is how to diagnose as well as cope with erectile dysfunction and depression.
Diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem as about 50% of men above 50 years of age suffer from it. Therefore, it is crucial to recognize depression when it is part of the problem. Here is how depression is diagnosed when it is known you have erectile dysfunction:
2. Erectile dysfunction starts happening after a traumatic event like loss of a job or of a loved one
3. Feelings of stress, anxiety or frustration
4. Pessimistic outlook to life
Coping with Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
Being unable to deal with erectile dysfunction can cause men to lose their self-esteem, feel angry, anxious and frustrated, or even lose interest in sex altogether. This can threaten their relationships and may even result in depression.
Erectile dysfunction is treatable, but the time before and during treatment may be difficult. Here is some advice to assist you and your partner in getting your sex life back on track.
1. Antidepressants: Antidepressants are used to treat depression, however some antidepressants worsen erectile dysfunction, therefore it is crucial that you explicitly explain your condition to your doctor.
2. Therapy: Therapy is performed by a licensed mental health expert who will identify and help you overcome all the issues which are depressing you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 16 years old boy I have problem of headache during study I think it was because of stress bt I am wrong not only during exam this stress is disturbing me all the years what can I do now.
Hi. My dad has bp and diabetis. He is always shouting, scolding my mother very badly. Ours was a happy family, after my marriage things have changed a lot. My parents quarrel a lot. I don't know how to solve this issue. Please help me.
Hi, I have one problem. i was shivered at fear and when I carry some weights even to take selfie with mobile on that time my hand was shivering i'm not alcoholic. But everyday i faced this problem. If i get fear and scary moments the problem will be high. What is the problem of that. please tell me solution.
Hi I am 35 year old I m a smoker now I want to leave smoking. What should I do if I do not smoke then I got hige bp (not sure) but I got angery. And please write me how to remove taar from lungs. Thanks.
I loose my erection after wearing a condom n before few months I have suffered from general anxiety disorder and panic attack. Why is this happening, and normally there's no problem in erection or sex without a condom.
I am a 26 years old boy, well as like everyone I also like to go physical with girls but always with the consent of the girl. My problem is a bit mental than anything else, once I smooch my that time gf Monica (name changed) just to give her a surprise but unknown to my knowledge was that she was swallowing some pan masala which transferred to me while I smooched her, It has left a everlasting phobia on me about smooch. Presently even if my present gf wants to smooch me I resist although unwillingly since the bad experience and memory I had in my past.
I lied to a friend of mine . I had realized that many times before too. But that was making me very uncomfortable so I gathered courage and told her everything. She asked me to relax and leave it because that wasn't a big issue for her. But still that lie is troubling me and am unable to get rid of it.
Doctors my lover's parent separated our relationship. After that. I was so frustrated. I felt like dying. Inorder to overcome that feeling and for forgetting her I started smoking weed. It was pretty much effective then. Aftr a long time everything abt the relnshp changed. But I still have the habit of smoking weed. I tried to control my mind by not taking the weed. But when my friends call me for smoking weed, that control wasn't strong enough. Please give me some suggestions to get rid of this habit. [Note;; I'm a hosteller. Availability of weed at hostel is plenty.]
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
Can psychology help you get better life? The answer is yes. You got to have a proper psychological balance so that you can get a planned and peaceful life. You can now get innumerable benefits by having proper and perfect psychological support.
10 psychological ways for getting an improved life
- Get acute motivation: If you are fully motivated towards life, then you will get success in every phase of your life. This is why you must take psychological help from a doctor.
- Improving leadership skills: Psychology can improve your leadership skills to a great extent and thus you can influence your team members.
- Becoming a better communicator: A better listener is a good communicator and if you want to become a good listener, then you got to have enough patience and this quality can be gained only through psychological help.
- Having better understanding about others: You should understand people well, otherwise, you might face great difficulty in interaction or communication with others.
- Making accurate decisions: Taking accurate decisions in life is a great necessity, otherwise, you will not be able to lead a comfortable life. You get more confidence and take the right decisions when you take psychological help.
- Improving your memory: You can get enhanced memory power and thus can remember things much easily and freely. If you are a student, then psychological help or counselling will be a great help for you.
- Making wise financial decisions: You can now get the capability of taking independent and wise financial decisions on your own without taking the assistance of others and this is possible only by receiving proper psychological help.
- Getting better grades: You can concentrate on studies well, as a result of which higher grades can be easily earned. You will face no hindrances and can study with a peaceful mind.
- Becoming more productive: you can get higher physical and mental productivity as a result of which all your objectives can get fulfilled. If you remain energetic, then you can perform your duties well.
- Healthy living: If you are psychologically strong, then you can lead a healthy life. Depressed or stressed-out mind cannot help you to live properly, and thus you are in need of a stable mental condition. Healthy mind will help you to take proper decisions and these decisions are helpful in staying healthy without inviting any complications.