Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan DesaiYour feedback matters!
Steps for maintaining a healthy kidney
Kidney performs the central role in a human body. It is as important as heart or lungs. Many organs of the body are dependent on kidney to function healthily. Kidney removes toxic waste and excessive fluid from blood.
Primary risk for kidney disease includes factors like high diabetes, high blood pressure, family history, heart disease etc. Obesity; autoimmune diseases; urinary tract infections and systemic infections are the secondary risks.
Kidney damage occurs in stages and in most of the cases, body does not show any kind of symptom till kidney is damaged up to 90%.
Steps for maintaining a healthy kidney
1. Keep a control on the blood pressure and take every preventive measures against its increased level.
2. For people suffering from diabetes, have a control on your glucose level.
3. Keep the cholesterol level in the appropriate range.
4. If on medications, take the prescriptions on time.
5. If you have a high salt intake, cut-off the intake and aim for less than 1, 500 milligram sodium per day.
6. Maintain a healthy fluid intake
7. Eat healthily and keep your weight in check.
8. Have a limit on your alcohol intake
9. Exercise should be a compulsory part of daily routine
10. For those who are overweight; need to work on reducing the weight
11. Smokers need to quit it slowly and gradually as smoking would led to serious kidney damages
12. Do not take over-the-counter pills on a regular basis.
13. Check your kidney function if you have one or more of the ‘high risk’ factors consult your doctor.
Dear sir / madam. Recently I have taken thyroid test. In that report I got TSH is around 18.57 value. Kindly let me know is there issues on that very recently I have been operated for kidney stone removal.
I am feeling pain while passing urine in the morning since 2 days. It has gotten worse today and is paining. Please help.
I am having a pimple near my butt crack around from 1 month it is completely PAINLESS and also PULSELESS there is no red thing nearer to that also. Is it could be pilonidal sinus? I actually searched in google except the location of sinus I do not have any other symptoms. Please reply me the answer.
Sir I am having urination problem and white discharge problem from last four years. I have done my urine and blood test and the report was normal. But it is important that I am having diabetes. please help
My sister age is 26 yers. Stones in kidneys in boot 2 sides. I have treatment in last 3 months. Bu t the stones has not remove. The doctors refer medicines is Neaphina syrup and Neaphina Tablets. Manufacture by Anikem laboratory s Ltd. (Neeri Tablets). But no any results. Avoid all food habits. I am a middle class person s going check up corporate Hospital s. Please tell me best result medicines solved .remove stones.
I am 78 years old. I have undergone spleenoctomy for ITP in 187 I have taken steroids for few months before & few months after spleenoctomy as platelet count had not improved after spleenactomy. I am having border line hypertension & taking regular medication for it apart from Pentid 88 for lifetime prescribed by doctor after spllenactomy. My kidney functions are also declined & I was dignosised & treated kidney failure. Though the medications were stopped after improvement in blood urea & blood creatinine counts had come to normal level. However I am on strict diet of of total avoidance of non veg food, sprouted beens all pulses, banana, tender coconut all type of painkillers etc. I am also suffering from UTI & taking treatment for the same. I have tested my bone density which is -2. I am taking regular exercise of walking & some yogasanas However since last one year I am having severe pains in my hip joints & pelvic regions while walking & in the morning after rising from bed which are increasing day by day. I cannot think of any surgery due to very low platelet count of upto 50000 only. I am afraid whether I may be forced to stop walking exercise after few days & will not be able to maintain my health. IOs it possible for me to walk without pains without joint replacement surgery.
I am 27 years old women. I have 2 female child and my problem is urin is coming with in 20 mins. For example 1 pm I go to the restroom again 1.30 pm am going to the restroom. This problem having my childhood. Pls give a solution doctor.
Urinary incontinence or the involuntary urination is a common and distressing problem, which may have a large impact on quality of life. The most common types of urinary incontinence in women are stress urinary incontinence and urge urinary incontinence. Women with both problems have mixed urinary incontinence. Stress urinary incontinence is caused by loss of support of the urethra which is usually a consequence of damage to pelvic support structures as a result of childbirth. It is characterized by leaking of small amounts of urine with activities which increase abdominal pressure such as coughing, sneezing and lifting.
Additionally, frequent exercise in high-impact activities can cause athletic incontinence to develop. Urge urinary incontinence is caused by uninhibited contractions of the detrusor muscle. It is characterized by leaking of large amounts of urine in association with insufficient warning to get to the bathroom in time.
How to diagnose urinary incontinence?
- Stress test: The patient relaxes, then coughs vigorously as the doctor watches for loss of urine.
- Urinalysis: Urine is tested for evidence of infection, urinary stones, or other contributing causes.
- Blood tests: Blood is taken, sent to a laboratory, and examined for substances related to causes of incontinence.
- Ultrasound: Sound waves are used to visualize the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
- Cystoscopy: A thin tube with a tiny camera is inserted in the urethra and used to see the inside of the urethra and bladder.
- Urodynamic: Various techniques measure pressure in the bladder and the flow of urine.
Ayurvedic Management of Urinary Incontinence:
Ayurveda is a very effective natural treatment for Involuntary Urination. Medicines help to treat the root cause of disease. Ayurveda remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by thousands of patients all over the world bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural remedies do not have any side effects at all.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.