Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamran KhanYour feedback matters!
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What is to be tested to detect liver cancer? Actually I am having blackish stool bt I tested stool and there is no trace of blood. May I hav liver cancer? Whai is to be checked to detect it?
I am 24 old women at time my right nipple itch at skin on the area gets dry. Now for few weeks it's is occurring frequently. What should i do?
Dear sir my father in law 72 years having urinary problem, prostate surgery done 2 year back, since few days loss of appetite, weight loss, constipation & weakness done usg abdomen the opinion is" multiple enlarged varying sized hypoechoic homogenous lymph nodes noted in pre/para cavla, pre/paraaortic, both common iliac region, right iliac fossa region, largest one 56 x 33 mm, 35 x 17 mm and 43 x 23 mm & adenopathy seen. Few sclerotic lesions seen in right iliac bone and in few lumbar vertebral bodies, suggestive of? metastasis" what this finding shows. Is cancer. State? what is treatment, and likely chances. Please guide.
My mother is 56 year old she had carcinoma breast cancer grade 1 we did Right radical Mastectomy on 22/9/2016 before that she had 3 chemo. But now after surgery is it necessary to give chemo pls advise Our regular visit doctors had asked to give next three chemotherapy.
Before 9 month my father 1st time diagnosed with MULTIPLE MYELOMA at that time his blood plasma was 15%. 24 weeks treatment was given to him with BORTECAD 2mg (cadila pharma) Injection. Now doctor saying that its response is good and no more chemo therapy is required just to continue some other medicines. Now can he live a life as before or is there any other factors for which we need to be worried? Now his age is 61.
Hello sir/mam my grandmother suffering with tonsil cancer from last three year. She taken 4 times chemotherapy and one time radiotherapy. She has any problem with eating. She is unable to take spicy food and dry food. Please suggest me to what to do.
Is it possible to have esophageal cancer without GERD in case a person neither smokes or consume alcohol or possess any other bad habits? And what are symptoms of Stage I esophageal cancer?
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer