Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamran KhanYour feedback matters!
What are the cause for lung cancer & the precautions to overcome from the lung cancer and how to take of body.
I am suffering from diabetes for last 14 years. It has been under control all these years with medication. I have fatty lever for last two years. Again under control without any medication. I am not alcoholic. Now I have been diagnosed with enlarged with prostrate. Psa is 14.7. Diabetes is under control. Looking for recommendation for further treatment. I am 67 years of age.
I am suffering from Hodgkin lymphoma from last 1year. I want to ask what are the causes of this and how can we leave from this and what types of food I need to eat and in how much time take to healthy me?
I am 65 years old. I have been having frequent urination and I had USG test; the test revealed that my prostrate is enlarged and approx wt. Is 112 gm. Post void: 150 ml residual urine noted. Can this be treated by medicine/herbal medicine or is operation the only answer.
My prostrate gland has enlarged and I have problem since last 8-9 years. Is it necessary to go for operation? If so what will be the cost of operation.
I'm 24 years old and my fiancee is 20 years old I press her breast very hardly.while pressing and mssng it hardly she get lots of pain when I do this.help
I am a female of 16 yrs. I want to know what are the signs of breast cancer? Is one breast bigger than the other a warning sign of cancer? Are teenager females affected with breast cancer?
I am 30 years old male. I have got small swelling or limp on my arms and legs, this looks like small round ball. Could you please let me know if I got lipoma decease or cancer is it harm to body? Because I feel awkward when I wear any half sleeve shirt. Thanks,
My father (72 yrs) is suffering from cancer in food pipe. The doctors said that surgery is not possible & radiation will start on 22nd june 2015. What is your opinion about this?
My mother, aged 51, was diagnosed with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis about 4 yrs back. Since then, she has been on and off various allopathic treatments (CorticoSteroids). She has also tried homeopathic and Ayurvedic Treatments, but to no major relief. Is there really no foolproof treatment for Sarcoidosis?
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.