Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana ShahYour feedback matters!
I get suffered by Chillbains on my fingers n toes in every winter season it automatic goes when season goes. But I m practicing for typing exam in high court and fingers hurt when I try to type and they don't work properly because of swelling n pains please suggest a fast remedy or tablets.
How to get rid of knee pains / leg pains in women I am 25 years old. I am pregnant now. What are the precautions to be taken and tell me some home remedies.
My Brother is having pain near backside of neck due to which he is facing problem in hands and having headache also, also facing body pain. He has done Xray in which showing light problem in nerves something related to Cervical Pain, please Help me Sir?
I was suffered with backpain and I consult the doctor, they are told me that its decrease in potassium levels, but back pain is irritating me.
I have pain in legs at night. The leg is pain only when I rest on bed. Due to pain at night I am not sleeping well at night. The pain is from 2 years. I exercise also but not benefited.
Hi, I am 36 years old male, in sales profession, I have been diagnosed with polyartharitis 3 months back, currently I have severe pain in both my shoulders. I am in uae and showing to doctors proved to be of no use. With due respect to the medical profession every doctor I consulted, just want to do 100 tests and end result is nil. Suggest me best medicines . Thanks and regards.
Dear sir, Mare back or chest k pass last 2-3 days say slow slow pain ho rahi ha. Eska kya reason ho sakta ha. Muje kya krna chaiye.
I am 41 years old. I have pain in my both knees for last 3 months. I got my uric acid checked and it was within the range and near to higher range. Can u help me by your valuable advice and the medicines i should use. Preferably, homeopath medicine
My younger brother are in problem due to heavy pain in his leg .sr g please tell any solution to relieve pain and his physical efficiency test is on 15sep in Delhi police . please tell any type of exercise or medicine.
- In these conditions, the panchkarma therapy is very effective. The aim of the ayurveda treatment is to bring vitiated vata in equilibrium.
Most popular panchkarma therapy for this is kati vasti, means squeezing of medicated oil with the help of cotton cloth over the lower back & retained inside with the help of a herbal paste boundary. It is a process of fomentation, highly effective for treating diseases caused by vitiation of vata dosha. Duration of treatment varies according to the severity of symptoms of the patient.
Elakizhi- special herbal pack massage with kati vasti gives strength to the muscle and improves the mobility.
Requirement of therapy - 7, 14, 21 days therapy course depending on the severity of symptoms along with oral medicines for 3-4months.
Before 2 month ago I have 40 inches chest size and a broader chest and flat .but m suffered from typhoid fever about one month. Now my bones are bending and I am feeling very un comfortable. Chest size reduced to 33 inches. What can I do for regain my all muscle and prevent shoulders and upper back bending.
I have pain in my knee from last 4 months I have take calcium but nothing happen what should I do now?
Lower back pain at some point in time or the other has almost become inevitable in today’s world, especially because of the increasingly sedentary lifestyle that many tend to lead. Acupuncture, borrowed from the ancient domains of Chinese medicine, is often recommended by doctors as one of the foremost remedies to lower back pain.
Acupuncture requires insertion of thin sterilized needles at particular points of the body. The body has over 2000 pressure points which are connected by meridians or pathways, generating an energy flow known as ‘Qi’.
Triggering these points helps to correct and improve the energy flow, which in turn boosts overall health and helps alleviate pain. On using this therapy, the central nervous system stimulates the release of chemicals into the brain, spinal cord and muscles. These chemicals either produce bodily changes or alter one’s experience of pain to promote healing a feeling of well-being.
How acupuncture works by:
1. Accelerating the relay of the electromagnetic signals which initiate the flow of endorphins (hormones secreted by the brain) which have analgesic effects on the body.
2. Stimulating the release of a chemical in the brain, known as natural opioids, which ease the pain and induce sleep.
3. Modifying the brain chemistry by altering the release of neurohormones (hormones secreted by a group of nerve cells) and neurotransmitters (chemical messengers that relay messages within the body, from one neuron to another, known as the ‘target’ neuron, to muscle or a gland cell). Neuro-hormones affect the activity of the concerned organ or the tissue while neurotransmitters dampen the nerve impulses.
Side effects of Acupuncture:
1. If the acupuncture is carried out by a trained and an experienced acupuncturist, it is usually considered safe.
2. Adverse side-effects include ruptured organs or infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I am 25 years old male and have backache for last 4 months. I have used pain relief cream for 15 days but have not any relief what should I do now.
Hi.. I want to ask that how to release lower back pain after cesarean delivery. I delivered baby before 1 month. Pleases suggest?
Patients experiencing low back pain are regularly recommended to a physiotherapist for exercise based recovery. This is done before a patient considers other aggressive options like back surgery. The objectives of exercise based recovery are to eliminate back pain, increase functioning and educate the patient about a regular pain prevention program for back pain in the future.
Low back stiffness is to a great extent dependent on the abdomen and lower back muscles. The abdominal muscles give support by putting pressure on the abdomen, which is then exerted, on the spine. This provides an external support column from the front of the spine. The low back muscles balance out the spine. Simply put, the hard spine and circles are surrounded by muscles, and the stronger these particular muscles are, the less strain is put on the plates and joints of the spine. The patient needs to develop a belt of muscles around the spine.
Most physiotherapy methods that are intended to treat low back pain and some radicular pain (pain extending down the leg), include a number of the following kinds of activities:
- Stretching: Appropriate stretching of the muscles alongside dynamic activity will keep up the usual scope of movement and give alleviation to muscles. These are the muscles that are gradually shrinking or are an ill fit from wrong stance or nerve aggravation. For some patients it is best to follow a stretching schedule that has been exclusively made for them by their physiotherapist.
- Dynamic exercises: These activities include the use of a number of activities that might include exercising balls, adjusting machines or particular balancing out activities. The purpose of stabilization activity is to strengthen the muscles of the spine and backing the spine through different scopes of movement.
- Core strengthening exercises: These are particular activities to strengthen the abs and low back muscles (erector spinae) to give the previously mentioned 'belt of muscle' around the spine.
- Abdominal strengthening: These kinds of exercises include sit-ups, crunches, stomach machines, and leg raises.
- Hyperextensions: These can be performed on machines or by lying on the stomach and gradually raising the stomach off the ground. This activity uses the lower back muscles to "hyperextend" the spine. Make sure not to do it with sudden jerks. The stretch should be slow and gradual to prevent ligament tear from happening.
- Lumbar traction: With lumbar traction, the patient lies on his back and is secured on a special table with a link or cable coming from the foot-end of the table that joins to a strap that has been set around the patient's hips. The link or cable is connected to weights at the foot-end of the table that gives a consistent and soft pulling power on the hips toward the foot-end of the table.