Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors. I had c-section after having contractions for almost 2days, before 4months. Am having severe back pain (exactly back to the chest and low back). Also knee pain, joint pain. I should admit i have skipped iron calcium during my pregnancy. I have been identified with hypothyroidism recently. Any medications n exercise? Thanks in advance .
Have problem with my right shoulder and it happened while playing volleyball. Now it's been a year and still the pain is there.
Hi, I have a neck pain from last 4 months it spread all over my left hand and I took physiotherapy for 5days after that I went to orthopedist he says it cervical slip with c5 and c6, he suggested me to take MRI for dat, again I didn't went there. Please suggest me any remedy for that.
I am about 53 yrs old male in sales trade where I have to make regular journey through bus/train/bike. I drink also. Since april 2014 I have develop a back pain (lower part of the back) it started after loose motion. During morning hour when I leave bed it disturb me a lot. I use to take omeprazole medicine to avoid acidity since 2 yrs, at least 20 days a month. I want complite rest from this problem.
, I am from borivali (mumbai. My age is 30, I am suffering from leg pain from last 3 year, having pain in both leg below knee, all the time it stay pain, and in night and morning having much pain, have gone to so may doctor but ot getting relief. please help
I am a student from delhi. After long hours of study I have back pain in lower back. What exercises should I do. Also I have joint pain. I am 23, at this age join problem should consider as problem or just normal thing.
I am 38 yrs, two times met with an accident four years ago due to which there were two fractures one in arm and other in foot, my knees got deeply hurt. Due to avoidable circumstances proper care could not be done. Now I feel pain in knees. There is voice heard while bending knees. Xray done report is normal. doctor advised for exercise and vitamin d3 tablets for few days. Still I did not get any relief. M worried it may cause problem in my future life. Kindly help.
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
Dear doctor , My problem is that my back pains when I sleep on very cushion foam full mattress which is normally in all hotels available , and also feel pain when sleep on floor , what to do , I am in marketing job .Please tell.
I am a student of +2 class. I have very pain in my back. I am also suffering from fever. What can I do for my health?
He have neck pain n it keeps on moving n its v painful due to that hr feel irritating n imbaresing, He is healthy and he have neck n shoulder pain both We went to physiotherapy but that also not helping even he does few exercise but that is also not giving any relieve Please suggest something which can help him Thanks.
I am having extreme pain in right hip joint test shows hlb27 positive taking medicines saaz n etoshine from last 2 years .Pain increases in night n cold weather how to cure this pain?
I am 19 years old. I am suffering from knee and body pain since a long time. I used to study on bed n always lied on bed while studying. Do you think that's the problem? Please help me I need your help.
If you are suffering from back pain, you should know that the tiniest of movements can trigger the same. Back pain may occur due to several factors or reasons and it hampers your daily activities and standards of life to a great extent. However, you need to become active instead of being immobile for relieving back pain. There are several exercises which help in strengthening your back muscles and performing these on a regular basis will provide you relief from back pain drastically. Here are 6 common exercises which you should carry out:
1. Pelvic tilt: You have to lie on your back and keep your knees bend, but touching. Your feet should stay flat on the floor. By flattening your lower back against the wall and tilting your pelvis downwards, you must maintain the position for 20 to 40 seconds. Meanwhile, you must breathe slowly and deeply and then release. This stretch requires small movements for reducing tension, thereby easing your back pain.
2. Lumbar stretch: You need to sit on a chair, roll your head, chest, neck and lower back forward till your head gets between the knees. Hold the position and take deep breaths. Slowly, get back to the sitting position. Repeat this twice.
3. Cat position: You have to kneel on your fours and keep the knees and hip width separate. Keep the stomach muscles tense, arch your back like a cat does and maintain the position for five seconds. Repeat this and then allow your stomach to drop towards the floor direction and hold it for five seconds again.
4. Curl ups: For this exercise, you should lie on your back with the knees bent and your feet kept flat on the floor. Placing your hands behind the head will make the stomach muscles tense. Then, lift your shoulders, head and upper back from the floor. Do this around 10 times. This is ideal for strengthening your back.
5. Dry swimming: Begin by lying on your stomach, keeping a rolled-up towel under your belly for support. By tightening your buttocks, raise one arm and the opposite leg simultaneously. Switch your arms and legs and perform this for about two minutes.
6. Leg lift: For leg lifts, you should lie on your back with the knees kept bend and the feet kept flat on the floor. You have to press your lower back to the floor and straighten a leg with the knees aligned. After bending your leg, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other side.
7. Cobra stretch: The cobra stretch is another ideal movement for stretching your tight abdominal muscles and lower back. You need to lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your palms planted on the sides of your head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.