Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Sethna
Submit a review for Dr. K SethnaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am a cancer patient. I have Ewing sarcoma. I receive chemotherapy after 21 days. My question is whether I eat Red meat or not. Or it cause any health problem.
If our loved one get cancer before marry. Can they marry in future .can they hve childrens on future.
As we make many advances in the medical field, it can be safely estimated that almost one-third of cancers are avertable. This holds true for gynaecologic cancers and cervical cancer as well. With proper care and by making important lifestyle changes, these cancers can be prevented at an early stage, thus improving the longevity of a healthy person’s life.
Let us take a look at some of the cancer prevention and detection in the field of gynecology.
- Cervical cancer: This is one of the common cancers in women. In the developed world, one in every two individual is at the risk of being diagnosed with it. HPV is the main cancer causing agent of cervical cancers and a majority of these cancers can be prevented via HPV vaccination and many more types are preventable by early screening and diagnosis.
- HPV vaccination: One of the effective ways to prevent cervical cancer is by vaccination. While a majority of the vaccines are done under the age of 5, HPV vaccines are inoculated to girls aged between 9 to 13 years. In all technicalities, they are done before a girl reaches puberty. HPV vaccination is for girls before they are sexually active.
- Screening: Screening is also one more important step that helps in the early detection of cancerous cells and aids in the prevention. Screenings and diagnosis can be safely had by women who reach their puberty age and it is extremely important to have this check-up periodically.
- Uterine Cancer: Uterine Cancer is also one of the common types of cancer women experience and it is the 5th most common cancer among the women population. Just like other types of cancer, it can be completely cured if detected at an early stage. However, there is no definite way to screen uterine cancer, other than routine ultrasonography of pelvis. They are mostly related to obesity and high estrogen exposure. Uterine cancer is most common at the age of menopause and sometimes also found in reproductive age group.
- Ovarian Cancer: Ovarian cancer is a rare type of cancer, but is one of the most hyperactive types of gynaecological cancers. There are no fool-proof screening methods available for it and it and in case if it is diagnosed at an early stage can be cured. It depends on a number of factors such as estrogen levels and in many cases; genetics seem to play an important role in such cancers. Also, women who have a family history of ovarian or colorectal cancer should be more careful in their approach and should be screened for cancerous cells periodically.
There are many screening programs and vaccination procedures where the cancerous cells can be safely eradicated. Awareness is extremely crucial for all types of cancer and gynaecological cancers are no different either. Get periodic health check-ups as a part of your routine and seek medical attention immediately in case of any abnormalities.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother is suffering from esophagus cancer locally advanced. Three cycles of chemotherapy given. As cancer is not spread I want to know can radiation help her and if yes then how quickly we should give them?
Breast cancer, is a type of cancer, which is common to women, where cancer cells grow on the breasts or the female mammary gland. It starts out with the formation of a small lump in your breast and can spread out to your other organs very rapidly. It generally affects women above forty years of age. Breast cancer can be classified into two types. They can either start forming on the inner linings of your milk ducts ( known as Ductal carcinoma) or in the lobules which supply milk (known as Lobular carcinoma).
There are many causes responsible for breast cancer they are mentioned below:
- Obesity or post-menopausal obesity (Learn more about Heart Diseases Post Menopause)
- Exposure to frequent radiation (X-ray)
- Consumption of alcohol
- Being taller than average
- Start of periods at an early age
- Late menopause
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Consumption of birth control pills
The most common symptoms of breast cancer are as follows:
- Formation of a lump in your breast
- Swelling or shrinking of your breast
- Change of size, shape and color of your nipple
- Blood or milk discharge from the nipple
- Breast pain
- Itching sensation
- Appearance of rashes (Learn more about to maintain the skin health)
Breast cancer if not diagnosed and treated at an early stage may turn out to be fatal. Ayurveda offers promising cures for breast cancer.
A few of the Ayurvedic remedies are mentioned below:
- Include foods, which are well supplied with vitamin D in your diet. Researches show that women with less amount of vitamin D in their bodies are more likely to develop breast cancer. Consider including foods like eggs, orange juice, dairy products and fish like salmon in your diet.
- Drink more of green tea as it has anti cancer properties.
- Exercises like walking, yoga, meditation and certain breast exercises can help you to relax the pain sensation, reduce stress and also get cured.
- Incorporate bitter gourd in your diet. Researches show that bitter gourd can kill those cancer cells, which cause breast cancer.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, tulsi, curcumin have certain properties that can destroy cancer cells.
Since, breast cancer has less survival rates, it is absolutely essential for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner if you wish to get cured through Ayurvedic treatment.