Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K SethnaYour feedback matters!
I am 67 years old man. I am taking Urimax F, any side effects and does it cure my prostate problem. I go 3 or 4 times to bathroom in the night.
My father is 82 years old he is suffering from osteo arthirits. 3 years back he had a surgery of prostate. But after some times he suffer from uti with in 3-4 months respectively. Why it is again & again even after surgery of prostate. Is there any precaution or treatment to stop the infection? kindly let me know please.
I am suffering from prostate bph since ten years. Size 4.1 4 4.2cm weight 37g residual 5oml.At preset I am taking one urimax d per day .But recently burning sensation of prostate and frequency of urinisation increased. Now I am takiing tab bacstol 100 mg since 5days.But no noticeable releif.L am also suffering from low back pain and neck pain.Is it becauce of prostate.Kindly advice.L cant go surgery because I am an acute heart patient having underwent bypass surgery 17 years ago.
I'm unmarried milk like liquid tiny drops is coming from my breast I don't have pain when I touch the breast and move and not even my nipples but sometimes I feel uneasy in my breast.
I am a 63 year old male detected with prostate problem - ct3anomo, ipsa -18-19, biopsy report/gleason score - 6. Question - what course of treatment - surgery, radiation and/or hormone therapy to accept so as to ensure least chances of incontinence and impotence.
I Got A Pea Sized Lump Near My Testicle Near scrotum But Not On testicle. It Can Move Freely And Is Painless. Can You Tell Me Its Serious Or Not? Can It Be A Symptom Of Testicle Cancer?
My wife aged 53 yes suffering from metastatic cancer since 03 month, please advice ayurvedic/homeopathic medicine ?
I am 28 years old man. I have been met with blood cancer. Would you suggest me about the precaution dealt with this disease. How can I deal with hair loss caused by cancer treatments? Suggest me some to the top hospitals for chemotherapy.
How many reason of blood cancer? Which type medicins are available for blood cancer in india? How many percentage for live patient? And please tell me Ayurvedic medicine for blood cancer.
My wife age 42 years has been suffering from neck cancer last 2 and half years.she has been treated with lot of cemotherapy and one time ray. But no responses. For sometimes she improved and again suffer from. Can you treat her? Please help.
More and more cancer types are being linked to air pollution. While the linkage is quite easily understandable between air pollution and lung cancer, the damage does not stop there. It is far more harmful, and whether or not it is part of the respiratory system, most cancers are linked to air pollution. The World Health Organization (WHO) has classified air pollution as carcinogenic to humans.
The amount of particulate matter in the air, especially in developing countries like China and India, are loaded with carcinogenic material. This is due to increased transport overload, power generation, industrial emissions, residential heating etc. The exact composition of the air can vary depending on the time of the year, the location, weather, etc. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) also is spending a lot of time and money to find out the connection between these two. Establishing the link can help in preventing cancer.
Read on to understand the correlation between factors affecting air pollution and cancer incidence.
- Air pollution is not uniform and varies across the globe, depending on how some of the above mentioned factors are affected.
- Developing countries have more pollution levels, especially from vehicular fuel exhaust, metals, dust, and chemical solvents. These contaminate the air, making it carcinogenic.
- There is also lead, which is another “probable human carcinogen,” causing cancer of the liver, brain, and kidney.
- The other chemicals in polluted air include sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide and ozone.
- Also there are various compounds like volatile organic compounds, outdoor air pollutants, and other particulate matter, which are present in greater numbers in polluted areas.
- Paint thinners, dry cleaning agents, and other metals also contribute to increased air pollution. This, when inhaled, induces chronic inflammation in the tissues, making them react to the inflammation.
- Both outdoor and indoor agents cause pollution, and increases risk of developing cancer.
- Second hand smoke is a lot more dangerous than imaginable in inducing cancer.
Mechanism: Cancer is a result of chronic inflammation, which induces uncontrolled proliferation of the cells. A combination of the above mentioned compounds along with a strong predisposition (family history, for instance) puts the person at a very high risk to develop cancer. The symptoms may takes years, sometimes decades, to develop, but the onset starts off with continued exposure to these agents. So, if you are predisposed to developing cancer, ensure your exposure to the above pollutants is reduced, even if it cannot be completely avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Hello sir my father have a prostate problem before 2 years lot of medicines he try but no improvement so what should he do.
Hello Sir, I have a blood cancer and the breast cancer and I losses the hair very rapidly so sir Please advise.
Today is the WORLD CANCER DAY and the theme of this year is "We can, I can".... Yes we all can battle the cancer. But the irony is that majority of women ignore early signs and symptoms of cancer and do not consult doctors in time. And even some of these cancers are preventable if proper action is taken.
- What will you do if you feel gaseous distension (gas, bloating), acidity, constipation, change in bowel habit, decreased appetite, feeling of full stomach, weight loss and abdominal swellling? Majority of the women ignore these symptoms and take antacids before it is too late. But these are often symptoms of early ovarian cancer and thus if you ignore these symptoms, you are harming yourself. Ovarian cancer is difficult to treat if detected at late stage. But in early stage, it is curable. So, don't ignore these symptoms.
- Who are the women at risk of ovarian cancer- women who are not having baby, who themselves or close relatives (sister/ mother/ daughter) had history of cancer in breast/ ovary/ bowel/ uterus etc. But some women are at lower risk like those using Oral Contraceptive Pills- OCP(- the birth control pills can reduce the risk by 50%) and who had tubal ligation (permanent family lanning methods).
- If you had such risk factors, you must not avoid any such above mentioned symptoms. Rather you should consult gynecologist early. Ovarian cancer can be detected by ultrasound, CT scan, some blood tests (CA 125) and some cases biopsy may be needed. And remember, majority of the ovarian diseases are NOT cancer but you must be sure that it's not cancer causing your problem.
- If ovarian cancer is diagnosed, the treatment is surgery (to be done by expert personnels) and most of the women need chemotherapy.
- Ovarian cancer is common in elderly women but it can afect younger women also. So, all the women should take care of the above mentioned symptoms
Cancer of Cervix: Cervix is the mouth of the terus. In our country, this is the COMMONEST CANCER in GYNAECOLOGY affecting women whereas it is uncommon in the Western countries. The irony is that women die of this disease whereas it is TOTALLY PREVENTABLE
- It is caused by a virus (human papilloma virus- HPV) that is sexually transmitted (so afects sexually active women). But it has a peculiar feature that before cancer actually occurs, there is precancerous stage- when the cells of cervix shows some changes that we can detect and treat. So, if women regularly consult doctor (WHEN THEY DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS), we can check if she is at risk of cervical cancer or not, by some simple tests (Pap Smear, HPV testing etc). Is such changes are found (that is not cancer) we can treat her so that she does not develop cancer. These method of detection, before disease occurs or before an individual feels that she is having disease, is called "Screening".
- Another method of preventing it is vaccination of HPV, that should be given to the adolescent girls before they become sexually active. Even it can be given in older women (who are sexually active), although the response is somehow lower than if given at early age. But vaccination is not alternative to screening. SO, both screening and vaccination should be done to prevent this cancer.
- Even if detected at early stage, it is totally curable. So, women should not ignore symptoms of excessive vaginal discharge (remember, all excessive discharges are not due to cancer), abnormal or heavy menstrual bleeding, bleeding occuring unredictably in between menstrualtion, bleeding after intercourse etc.
- It is treated by surgery and some cases may need radiation also.
Cancer of uterus
- Cancer of uterus is common after 50 years of age (although can occur at early years also). It is the commonest gynaecological cancer in the Western World. It mainly occurs in women who are obese (excessive weight), having diabetes or hypertension (high blood pressure), not having any baby, who are having personal or family history of cancer in uterus/ breast/ ovary/ bowel.
- It can be prevented by taking OCP (birth control pils) and controlling weight. In many cases, it is also preceeded by some precancerous changes (hyperplasia) that can be detected by ultrasonography and if needed small biopsy procedure.
- The common symptoms are abnormal heavy bleeding and bleeding after attaining menopause (after totall stoppage of menses). So, any abnormal menstrual bleeding must be properly investigated.
- It is usually well curable if treated early- by surgery and in few cases, may need radiation, chemo or hormone therapy.
Cancer of Vulva: The external genitalia of female is known as vulva. Cancer in vulva is relatively uncommon but still it can happen, especially those who are having diabetes, HIV positive or those having poor hygiene.
- Never ignore any symptoms of excessive itching in your private parts. It may be the early symptom of vulval cancer. Some cases, patient may have ulcer or tumour or bleeding.
- It can be detected easily by examination by doctor and then taking biopsy. It is treated well with surgery and some cases, radiation may be needed.
Sumary: Majority of the gynaecological cacers are preventable. They can be diagnosed early if women consult doctor at early stage. Majority of them respond to treatment.