Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.J. GajiwalaYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old man and I have lost all my hairs from upper head. It started 15 years ago. At that time I had itching problem in hairs and my hair come out from scalps. I used chemical shampoos earlier weekly than I used to use shampoo daily as without applying shampoo I feel itching. Please advice me how to cure baldness.
Hi happy Diwali. My question is: my skin is becoming combination due to change in Delhi weather. I was using derma aid soap from bakson as I had pimples but now I don't have pimples, can I use kama Ayurveda products as I am allergic to chemicals and have sensitive skin and some where in between oily and combination. I am feeling as my skin pores are open. Can you please tell me a good skin regime which make my skin looking healthier. I am having black heads too. So please advice. I want to consult to a dermatologist so that he/ she can advice me better skin regime. I live in Delhi so is there any dermatologist in Lybrate where I can directly consult, I don't have any acne but there are little things which I want to consult. Pleas advice.
Hi im 21 year old female and have been suffering alot in last two months for not having clear menstruation. Every year out of 12months I hardly have periods for 4/5months a year n cause of that im having lots of pimples. I wana have periods regularly. Please help me out.
I am suffering from skin problems on my face pimples are leaving dark marks I want to know how can I get fair skin.
Ian loosing hair quickly and I am tried many shampoos but no effects. Please help me out. Wat I huv to do? What shampoo you suggest for me? Is here any solution. Feeling tensed please help sir thanks.
I have dark circles though I sleep adequately but still its the same? Whenever I loose my weight more it gets dark. What to do?
Gynecomastia is a condition characterized by enlargement of the breast tissue in men. It occurs when there is an imbalance of the testosterone (male sex hormone) and estrogen (female sex hormone) in the body. It may a cause of embarrassment in men.
The primary cause for this condition is an increase in the level of estrogen in comparison with testosterone in the male body. Testosterone controls male characteristics such as body hair and muscle mass. Estrogen is responsible for controlling female characteristics such as breast enlargement.
Men usually produce small quantities of estrogen in their body to maintain certain sexual functions. Complications occur when estrogen levels in the male body increase too much in proportion to testosterone.
The condition can be classified as follows:
- Gynecomastia in infants: Half of the infants are usually born with large breasts due to their mother's estrogen. The effect tends to wear off in a few weeks.
- Gynecomastia during puberty: Gynecomastia occurs during puberty due to changes in hormones. The condition goes away without any treatment in six months to 1 year.
- Gynecomastia in men: This condition may peak in men during the age of 50-80. Statistics show that at least 1 out of 4 men in this age group has this condition.
Some other causes for this condition in middle-aged men are as follows:
- Heart medications
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Medications that are used to treat heartburn
- Smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol
- If the cause of the condition is medications, then discontinuing the medicines should stop the effects. It can also be treated by taking medicines to reduce estrogen levels in the body.
- Surgery is another option where an incision is made in the chest area and the extra breast tissues are removed from the area. This also requires repositioning of the nipple in the chest.
- Post-surgery, you should stick to a proper and healthy lifestyle to retain the new shape of the chest area. Weight gain or taking steroids can cause the symptoms of this condition to reappear.