Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jinish ParikhYour feedback matters!
I have a severe tooth pain Dr. had advised Ketorol dt tables 2 each but that doesn't make any difference even had combiflam tablet need to sleep any which way have got an appointment tomorrow please help & advice for a pleasant sleep.
My grand father (70 years) have implanted tooth in his mouth which is fixed by 6 screws but now all the dentition and screws is removed because of loose fixing so should we go for cortical implant and is it going to affect the gums or it may get loose as earlier fitting due of loosen gums we want to go for permanent dentition so cortical implant is good or something else please suggest. And he had angioplasty stent in his coronary vessels 2-3 years back.
How to whiten our teeth at home. Pls suggest any home remedy or any whitening cream which is easily available in the local market. Thanx.
I am a 20-year-old male and live in Roorkee (uk). I am having sore in the retromolar area of the mouth from past two days. While surfing the net I came across many symptoms that I am facing and are actually same as symptoms of oral cancer. What should I do?
When I move my jaws I am getting a sound like tuk from the lower end of my jaws. I have been getting it recently. There is no pain in it but the sound is troubling. When ever there is a break fr an hour and when I move my jaws for eatimg or drinking I am facing it.
Earlier my friend chew tobacco product like gutkha. Currently his mouth not open properly. What to do.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.
I recently extract my tooth. But the pain is unbearable. I tried many medicines and pain killers but didn't work. please help me.
My gums have swollen on area where there is a little toothache. Swelling is big in that area. What should I do? Should I take antibiotics to reduce bacterial infection to cure swelling.
If you ever see any white patches in your mouth please do visit a dentist for proper check up as it could be an unavoidable disease. It can be scrapable or non scrapable. White patches can be seen due cheek bites if you have any sharp tooth it can hurt your oral mucosa all you can do is do visit your dentist he/she will the round off the sharp point as it is necessary to avoid further development of any pathology.
Keep your diet healthy add more fruits and green vegetables in your diet will do the added benefits.