Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jeroo BhadaYour feedback matters!
What is the chance of an abortion not happening completely with medications and what are the risks.Please tell.
I need some help my period was on for twice this month the second was unexpected. But after that I was feeling bad cramping vomiting sore nipples an sore breast the smell of foods makes me vomit I've take a pregnancy test but it's negative and I don't no what to do now can you help me please I really feel bad
I am 34 weeks pregnant. My baby is in breech position. Is normal delivery possible. ?is there any risk?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My wife is 55 years old and she does not have much interest in sex. What can be done for this. Any medicines?
Uterine fibroids are abnormal growth that manifests in the uterus of the woman. Hormones and a family history of the same are the usual causes listed for such a growth. As per many medical reports, about 70 to 80% women over the age of 50 years, experience such growths. The most common symptoms of the condition include heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle or even at other times of the month, as well as severe pain in the abdomen.
Read on to know eight facts about these fibroids.
- These fibroids may be caused by a family history of the same and is usually passed down by the mother. The other causes include excessive hormonal imbalance and changes as well as pregnancy and obesity.
- Heavy urination is one of the most common symptoms of this condition, as the fibroids may press against the uterus and cause pressure in the area. Also, for those who have not reached menopause yet, this condition may also cause heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- A Pelvic MRI scan is one of the most common ways of diagnosing the condition with the creation of images that will show any anomalies and growth in the uterus, ovaries and cervix.
- Medication may be used in order to control and regulate the levels of hormone production and release. This can affect the fibroids by making them shrink eventually.
- All fibroids do not point at the progression of cancer. If you have uterine fibroids, it does not mean that you have to have cancer. The symptoms may be similar and the condition is usually called uterine sarcoma. Usually, the diagnosis can only be done with the help of a sugary which will remove the growth and then study the same in the lab to find whether or not it is malignant. This process is known as a biopsy.
- They are the most common reason behind undergoing a hysterectomy. Many women, the world over, have to go through a hysterectomy, which removes the uterus and even the ovaries in some cases. This usually happens when the uterine fibroids become too huge to handle and may give rise to a variety of risks and complications.
- Pregnancy may become a difficulty if you happen to have uterine fibroids. While it is still possible to become pregnant and conceive naturally, many women face problems in doing so easily because these fibroids cause changes in the uterus when it comes to the shape and size of the same.
- Many women do not experience any symptoms of the condition at all. In such cases, no treatment will be required. Yet, even in these cases, the doctor will recommend regular clinical check ups and observation in order to ensure that there are no complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My boyfriend and I had a sex. It was self controlled by him. But I have missed my periods. How should I confirm that why I had missed it.
When a persistent lack of sexual desire inhibits your life, causing personal distress, you may be diagnosed with 'Loss of Libido' or 'Hypoactive sexual desire'. Low levels of sexual interest, which characterize this condition, leads to failure in responding to sexual intimacy. However, disinterest in sex does not necessarily mean you are suffering from sexual dysfunction.
If your desire to have sex is less often than your partner's, it does not necessarily render you dysfunctional, as you might be at such particular stage in life where several factors may contribute to a lack of interest in sex such as stress, work pressure, trauma etc. However, a notable difference between you and your partner, known as desire discrepancy, can cause distress.
Although cases of hypoactive sexual desire vary from one to another, certain common signs are apparent. They are:
- Having little or no interest in any kind of sexual intimacies, counting self-stimulation
- Seldom or no sexual thoughts or fantasies
- Being bothered by your own sexual inactivity
These symptoms can have several causes behind them. Sexual problems like premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction, medications, diseases, unhealthy lifestyle habits, and fatigue are some of the causes behind this sexual disorder. Hormonal changes during menopause or pregnancy can also be responsible; although psychological problems like stress, anxiety, poor body image and low self-esteem, or a history of physical or sexual abuse chiefly cause hypoactive sexual desire disorder in affected patients.
The treating physician and sexual therapist need to consider all above points to identify the root cause of the issue and find a comprehensive stepwise approach is a consensus with his patient after counseling the patient and doing necessary investigation.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido
I am 26 years old married. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I was on contraceptive pills for 6th month. After stop taking pills I got my period regular for 2 months. I have missed my period last April. I have done pregnancy test and test was positive My doctor did not repeat test again. I just want to know is prega news test results accurate?
Hello doctor. Am 35 weeks+ pregnant and today doctor told that baby position is head down. What are the chances of normal delivery and can you give me some tips for normal delivery.
'when the diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need'
Taking heavy meals in short durations without earlier meals properly digested produces toxins.
Kala viruddha (time against): intake of cold and dry substances in winter, pungent and hot substances in summer.
The combination of fruit salad, milk and banana should be avoided.
Using yogurt with milk, fish with milk, achar (pickle) with milk, honey with ghee (butter) are some virudha ahara (incompetent food) if taken together, they produce a lot of toxins in our body.
Drinking buttermilk is excellent as it is easily digestible, kindles hunger, instigates vata and kapha and cures dropsy, haemorrhoids, enlargement of the abdomen, abdominal tumour, duodenal diseases, dysuria, enlargement of spleen, loss of appetite, and anaemia.