Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jeroo Bhada
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jeroo BhadaYour feedback matters!
I had sex with two married women but those womens are medically no problem like std then what chances that I am safe?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 38 years old, my delivery was through scissorian and after 3 years i am having tummy and it looks like as if i am pregnant for 4 -5 months. I am an accountant and usually carry out all my household works but i am not doing any exercises or yoga. How can i reduce my tummy. No - menstral problems or thyroid problem in my blood. My diet is I eat a light breakfast, normal lunch, 2 tea per day evening tea with any light backery snacks and dinner with chappathi and little rice with curry. I drink 1 cup green tea early morning in empty stomach regularly. Can I reduce it using In shape belt. please let me know about the side effects of using such belts
I had cyst in my both ovaries due to which my periods were irregular. I had taken medicines for the same. But after few months I started facing irregular periods again. I want to know whether homeopathy has solution for this problem. If yes, please suggest me homeopathic medicine to cure this problem.
Hello Actually I have a question about my wife. She had a private problem. During sex pain occurs in her vagina regularly. Many time pain occurs in outer edges and some times inside in it. Please suggest any medicine for this.
Morning after pill is an emergency form of contraception. It is a type of birth control which can prevent unwanted pregnancy which is a potential risk after unprotected sexual intercourse. The typical name, “morning after pill”, is on account of the fact that it is usually taken on the morning after you have had unprotected sex the earlier night.
How does it work?
It primarily works by inhibiting or delaying ovulation. It does not cause abortion, but merely stops ovulation temporarily and thus, prevents fertilization of the egg with the sperm. It is required to be taken within 72 hours or 3 days after having unsafe sex for it to work effectively, but the sooner you take it, the better it is.
Risks associated with the Morning after Pill
Although the prospect of using this pill seems very useful and handy, there are risks associated with it as well.
It has temporary side effects such as nausea, headache, dizziness, lower abdominal pain or cramps.
It is not a reliable form of birth control like condoms, copper-Ts or IUDs as you might still get pregnant.
It can lead to bleeding between your periods or heavy menstrual bleeding can be experienced. It can even make your menstrual cycle irregular.
In serious cases, it can even lead to cerebral haemorrhage (bleeding inside the brain) and cerebral thrombosis (formation of clots in the brain).
It does not protect you from any sort of STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) or STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection).
It can even lead to hormonal imbalances if taken on a regular basis as it can interfere with your regular estrogen and progesterone levels.
If taken multiple times, it can even affect your fertility in the future as it can alter the pH levels of your uterus.
- It is an emergency contraceptive and not recommended for routine use.
I had a miscarriage 3 months before. The reason for my miscarriage was Uterine septum for hysteroscopy resection. I had my surgery done after getting my periods. Now after 3 months of my miscarriage I am pregnant again. Can I have a healthy pregnant now. I am really scared please suggest.
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
M in my 19th week of pregnancy. My pre pregnancy weight was 57. Now its 59. Is it normal. How much weight one should gain during 2nd trimester.
I am 20 years old. Suffering from pcod. Doctor prescribed diane35. But I have another problem. Of over weight. I do exercises n take low fat food. But I can't control my weight. Pls give me necessary suggestions.
I heard that abstinence / lack of orgasm can lead to hormonal imbalances (overproduction of estrogens etc.), that can cause various health problems (breast nodules, cysts, fibroma etc.). Is this accurate, or just a myth? I also read on internet that oxytocin is a wonder for breast health. Women who not have sexual activity or doesn't masturbate have a higher risk for breast cancer, because oxytocin inhibits cancerous cells. It is true? I am asexual and I have 40 years old and I am a virgin.
I have a period of 2 days and then 3 and 4 day it spotting. It's not like my usual period. What does it mean. Is it a implantation bleeding or something else?
Iodine is often considered as a trace element and most people do not give it the importance it deserves. This is wrong on many counts. Iodine is very much needed by your body and it is essential for thyroid hormone synthesis in our everyday lives. A lack of iodine can lead to many complications and can affect the physical and mental health of a person.
Worse, in case if you are pregnant, it can affect the health of the fetus. The telltale signs of a thyroid deficiency can be found in thyroid glands, and in case you feel you are suffering from the symptoms, consult your physician immediately. Let us look at some of the signs that can indicate you are suffering from thyroid problems.
- Goiter: Iodine deficiency if left unchecked can lead to the development of a goiter- A swelling around the thyroid gland, resulting in a visible lump in the throat. As the swelling continues to grow, it might cause severe difficulty in swallowing. It also hampers the thyroid gland and prevents it from producing adequate thyroid hormones. It can lead to a condition known as hypothyroidism as well.
- Constant weakness and fatigue: You might experience low energy levels and feel weak all the time in case you are suffering from iodine deficiency. Iodine deficiency can also make you feel tired all the time and you may experience blackouts frequently. Do consult with your physician in case you are suffering from these symptoms as they are extremely harmful in the long run.
- Difficulty in concentrating and lack of memory: Your memory functions may get compromised in case you have low iodine levels in your body. Iodine is vital for the smooth functioning of the nervous system and can have a direct impact on your learning capabilities. It can also cloud your thoughts and lead to mental confusions. It also increases the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Unusual weight gain: Lack of Iodine in your body can make you gain weight. You may feel bloated all the time even though you do not eat properly. Your internal systems may not work to its potential in case you have an iodine deficiency and this may lead to loss of appetite and vomiting in some cases. It also increases the chances of accumulation of unwanted gas in your body.
- Depression: If you feel depressed and restless, it can be due to a nutritional deficiency, such as iodine. The mineral can be very beneficial in increasing the nervous activity and can reduce anxiety, restlessness, and irritation. Iodine also induces sound sleep. Hence a lack of proper sleep can also mean that you are suffering from iodine deficiency.
- Iodine intake: The necessary amount of iodine can be consumed regularly through Iodized salt. Other food supplements can include seafood, cow’s milk, potatoes, and seaweed, which are all rich in iodine.
Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!