Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jayant.S.BarveYour feedback matters!
I am a 22year old lady suffering from gastric problems from last 3 years what should you suggest to me?
My big brother have 27yrs old and suffering from ulcer colitis since last 5 years please suggest me the best treatment.
I am 65 years old. Some blood is coming out drop by drop while going for potty only for the last 10 days. I have no pain no uneasiness but water in commode becomes red. I am not any medicines used sit 2-4 hrs for office job without break. There is problem of constipation also. Please advice some remedy.
I problem in digestion. When I took meal meal after that I feel pressure and I have to go latrine and I have gastric problem due to that I take nutrients in meal and take fruit but my my body weight doesn't increase. What should I do?
I have gastic problem and regular constipation my age is 77 plus . Please suggest suitable medicine ?
I am 21 years old. I have irritation in my rectum area. I have seen blood in my stool. What should I do? Please help me.
Hello I want to know is there any medicine to stop chiknaayi and juice in potty this problem is from 1.5 months what I have to do?
I have lost my sexual desire completely since last two years. I was given tablets sompraz L for some gas related problem and my prolactin increased to almost five times said a local endocrinologist here in kolkata. I suffered from depression for 6 months in 2013 Feb onwards. I am out of depression now but lost desire. Kindly help.
Hi Doctor, I am 33 years old from Bangladesh. I need to know about a gastric ulcer. I am suffering with this problem for 2 years. I got a Endoscopy report which showing that, a small gastric ulcer.
My daughter which is 1 month old is having itching or redness in her anus due to which she is not drinking her mother's milk. Please suggest some cream to treat this problem.
Dear doctor I have got boils around my bum hole am scared can you help me what is it. It's paining alot not able to pass stool. Please help me.
1. Eat three small meals and three snacks evenly spaced throughout the day. It is important to avoid periods of hunger or overeating.
2. Eat slowly and chew foods well.
3. Be relaxed at mealtime.
4. Sit up while eating and for 1 hour afterward.
5. Avoid eating within 3 hours before bedtime. Bedtime snacks can cause gastric acid secretion during the night.
6. Cut down on caffeine-containing foods and beverages, citrus and tomato products, and chocolate if these foods cause discomfort.
7. Include a good source of protein (milk, meat, egg, cheese, etc.) at each meal and snack.
8. Antacids should be taken in the prescribed dose, one-hour and 3 hours after meals and prior to bedtime. This regimen is most likely to keep the acidity of the stomach at the most stable and lowest level.
9. Milk and cream feedings should not be used as antacid therapy. Although milk protein has an initial neutralizing effect on gastric acid, it is also a very potent stimulator. Hourly feedings of milk have been shown to produce a lower ph than three regular meals.
10. Caffeine-containing beverages (coffee, tea, and cola drinks) and decaffeinated coffee cause increased gastric acid production but may be taken in moderation at or near mealtime, if tolerated.