Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Jaikee S NogiyaYour feedback matters!
Pomegranate is a fruit grown mainly in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, India, drier parts of Southeast Asia, Peninsular Malaysia, the East Indies and tropical Africa, along with parts of California and Arizona. However, it has been the native fruit of the region from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran to the Himalayas in northern India. Pomegranate has been associated with a high nutritional value and a large number of health benefits, illustrating the reason why it has been cultivated in the Mediterranean region as well the Caucasus since ancient times. To acquaint you more with this fruit as well as its juice, we have listed the nutritional benefits of their consumption, in the following lines.
Nutritional Value of Pomegranate
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of pomegranate
Carbohydrates - 17.17 gm
Sugars - 16.57 gm
Dietary fiber - 0.6 gm
Fat - 0.3 gm
Protein - 0.95 gm
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 0.030 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.063 mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 0.300 mg
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - 0.596 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.105 mg
Folate (Vitamin B9) - 6 ?g
Vitamin C - 6.1 mg
Calcium - 3 mg
Iron - 0.30 mg
Magnesium - 3 mg
Phosphorus - 8 mg
Potassium - 259 mg
Zinc - 0.12 mg
Energy - 70 kcal (290 kJ)
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Pomegranates/Pomegranate Juice
Being rich in antioxidants, pomegranate can keep LDL (bad cholesterol) from oxidizing and thus, prevents atherosclerosis.
Pomegranate has been found to help keep blood platelets from clumping together and forming unnecessary clots.
Regular consumption of pomegranate juice is said to be beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases.
Researches have indicated that pomegranate compounds might prevent prostate cancer and even slowdown its growth.
Pomegranate juice has also been associated with reducing the risk of breast cancer.
Pomegranate juice is pretty good for those suffering from diarrhea, but it over-consumption can lead to constipation.
Pomegranate is said to be good for reducing plaque in the arteries and raising levels of HDL (good cholesterol).
It has been seen that pomegranate juice helps prevent heart attacks and even stroke.
Studies have shown that maternal consumption of pomegranate juice might protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury.
Pomegranate is believed to help prevent cartilage deterioration and thus, keep osteoarthritis at bay.
Consumption of pomegranate might prevent and even slow down Alzheimer's disease.
Pomegranate juice is associated with lowering of blood pressure as well as better oral health.
Hii doc Akhil here I'm 24 year old guy, my question is I'm recently got married and when I'm having sex I'm not getting time not even 2 minutes. Eg: I can able to have foreplay but when I'm contacting its coming with in some seconds, sometimes before contacting its coming. I am So frustrated. I'm not able to satisfied my wife. Could you please help me out regarding this.
25/M hello doctors . I take soya milk almost everyday . Around 300 ml each day. I have heard that soya milk is bad for male fertility and reproduction . I have also heard that it is good for the body as it is rich in proteins . Please clear my confusion on this .
I am 40 year old lady and have diabetes from last 7 years my diabetes goes 300 up so what should I do?
Have a good amount of fiber in your diet. It helps to reduce constipation gas problems and is very necessary for gut health. It also helps reducing post prandial sugar levels(sugar in blood after having food ) and also helps in reduction of cholesterol .. so have 2-3 full fruits ,have salads and add fibre to you chapattis
I have a worst habit of masturbating almost atleas 2 times to 4 times a day I need to sip it but it has become a addict for me.
I have a fever for last 1 month so I am so suffering have if got any relief. What should I do now please.
I am 19 years male, sometimes I feel headache which is very heavy, I used to take medicine but nothing happens like no relief.
Hangover is referred to as the unpleasant symptoms that take place after alcohol consumption in the excessive amount. It is called veisalgia in medical terms. Significant symptoms of a hangover are headache, feeling dizzy, nausea, body ache, vomiting, fatigue, abdomen pain, trouble with concentration, diarrhoea, disturbed sleep, uneasiness and anxiety. The symptoms show up when the intoxicating impact of alcohol drops down to zero. This may keep going for up to 24 hours or more.
Homeopathic medicines are extremely powerful in curing a hangover. Medicines of natural cause are utilized as a part of Homeopathy to manage hangover cases. Homeopathic medicines are hence free from any severe reaction due to excess alcohol consumption.
Here is a list of different homeopathic medicines for curing a hangover and instances when they are used:
- Nux vomica and Carbo veg: Nux Vomica and Carbo Veg are primary homeopathic medicines for a hangover accompanied with headache. Nux Vomica is used when stretched feeling and pain in the head take place after alcohol utilization. Irritation is also experienced with pain in the abdomen, with regular stools are additionally seen alongside headache in such cases. Carbo Veg is one of the best suited homeopathic medicines for a hangover where exceptional headache occurs after alcohol consumption. The head feels overwhelming with a sensation of weight on it. These indications are joined by gastric problems and bloating of the abdomen. Carbo Veg is the best in such cases among Homeopathic medicines for hangovers.
- Arsenic album and Ipecac: Arsenic Album is helpful where vomiting shows up from taking alcohol. The vomit might be clear, bilious or green in shade. The stomach does not take any sort of nourishment or water and quickly tosses it out. Nausea and retching are likely. Ipecac is a standout among the best homeopathic medicines for a hangover where nausea prevails after taking alcohol along with constant retching. The vomit predominantly comprises of clear, watery fluids. The nausea does not die even after vomiting.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is brilliant among Homeopathic medicines for a hangover where it is accompanied by dizziness. Gelsemium is generally recommended when a man suffers from light headedness. He feels as though the room is revolving all around. The affected person would also have difficulty in walking steadily. Dull or double vision may, likewise, show up.
- Rhus tox: Rhus Tox is one of the best homeopathic medicines for body aches emerging from a hangover. It can be utilized for curing body aches and muscle pain emerging from drinking alcohol. Rhus Tox also deals with soreness, wounded feeling or pains that are tearing in nature.
Homeopathic medicines are very effective for curing a hangover. Being natural, they help you revive yourself after you have had a night of heavy drinking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Before seven days ago very harshly paining in my stomach I take medicine but don't recover from that medicine so Wat I do?
Piles, also known as hemorrhoids refer to a condition in which the veins around the anus or lower rectum are swollen and inflamed. Hemorrhoids may result from straining during excretion. Other contributing factors include pregnancy, aging, chronic constipation or diarrhea and anal intercourse.
- Maintain ideal body weight.
- Eat a high fiber diet, which includes fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly.
- Apply hemorrhoids creams, ice packs or bathe the area with warm water several times a day.
I am 27 years old. I always sleep on time around 10 o'clock but after that I wake up many time in night. My mind never sleep. Even my diet is proper, I am also do exercises and meditation.
I have been masturbating for the past 6 years excessively. Now I feel pain in my knees and legs while walking. Is this somehow related? I also played badminton continuously 6 days per week in the past few months. Am I having jumper's knee or is the pain due to masturbation. Please help me.
The frequent, passionate portrayal of shower sex in movies gives most people the idea that it is an everyday occurrence. That couldn't be farther from the truth. While shower sex helps stimulating fantasies as well as disinhibiting and developing your sexuality, mentioned below are a few reasons why one should take precautions while performing this sexual act or avoid it all together. Lastly, a lot of people find it difficult to have sex in the shower, so if it doesn't work for you, don't blame yourself.
Cons of Shower Sex:
1. Slippery floor- All of us know that slippery and damp places are accident prone areas and the shower is no different. Both the partners must keep in mind a few precautions before getting all hot and heavy under the shower. Owning a non-slip rug is essential and goes a long way to avoid twists, cramps, shocks and painful fall glides that may break or seriously injure your arms or legs.
2. Condoms- It is best to stay out of the shower while having sex if you still use condoms because no tests have been conducted to see if condoms can withstand soap, shampoo or any other type of cleansers mixed with hot water. It could get away with water, increasing your risk of pregnancy.
3. Lubricant- Shower sex can be very uncomfortable for women because the water washes away all the natural lubricant produced. Moreover, for women (usually those who opt for birth control pills) who cannot produce enough lubricant, shower sex can be painful.
However, there are silicon based lubricants in the market that make having sex in the shower easier and more comfortable. Do not use water based lubricant because the water can wash it away easily.
4. Security- Being secure is a very important factor when it comes to having sex in the shower so that one doesn't harm or injure himself or herself while in the throes of passion. Only the wall should be used as support. During such sessions try to hold on to something that is firmly attached to the wall to improve support. Do not seize railings, pipes, shower curtains, etc. as they may break or come apart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.