Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaideep
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JaideepYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old female. I have lump on my left breast and also right breast. Sized 2.5cm. After doing fnac needle test it shows its fibroadenoma? is it safe? can I leave as it is? or should I operate it? if so when can I operate it? after operated will I get any problem?
I am a 22 year old woman. I am just curious that I must have consumed around 6-7 emergency contraceptive pills in the last 10 months. But I do realize that it shouldn't be consumed so often and hence am careful now. But does this mean that those pills have already done the damage to my body and reproductive system? I'm just really anxious and need some answers. If I take care of my sexual health, I can get pregnant in the future right? Please help me calm down.
Many find it difficult to keep up with the time-consuming, ineffective hair removal treatments that they've performed their whole lives in the hopes of maintaining a hairless body. But hair removal doesn't need to be so challenging. Due to many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. At Clinic Cosmoderma, we've mastered the process of laser hair removal and stand behind it as one of the best ways to achieve permanent hair reduction.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a laser – an intense, pulsating beam of light – to remove unwanted hair. During laser hair removal, a laser beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Laser hair removal is used to reduce unwanted hair. Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure can treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. Common treatment locations include legs, underarms, upper lip, chin and bikini line. However, it’s possible to treat unwanted hair in nearly any area – except the eyelid or surrounding area.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Hair colour and skin type influence the success of laser hair removal. For example, laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair because the laser beam targets the pigment (melanin) in the hair. However, advances in technology have made laser hair removal a good option for people with darker skin too.
- Precision: Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Speed: Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
- Predictability: Most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of three to seven sessions.
Laser hair removal doesn’t guarantee permanent hair removal. Some hair could be resistant to the laser treatment or grow again after treatment, although the new hair growth might be finer and lighter in colour. The most common side effects of laser hair removal include:
- Skin irritation: Temporary discomfort, redness, and swelling are possible after laser hair removal. Any signs and symptoms typically disappear within several hours.
- Pigment changes: Laser hair removal might darken or lighten the affected skin, usually temporarily. Skin lightening primarily affects those who have darker skin, especially if an incorrect laser is used at an incorrect setting.
- Others: Rarely laser hair removal can cause blistering, crusting, scarring or other changes in skin texture. Other uncommon problems that can occur include greying of treated hair, or paradoxically, hair might begin to grow excessively in or around treated areas.