Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.M. KothariYour feedback matters!
Hypothyroid and PCOS. What food to eat and avoid? Currently on medications for thyroids and actively trying to conceive. Kindly advice of fertility rich foods.
I am 17 years old and I had a sex with my boyfriend on 2 may 2016 with the protection of 1 condom and at least for 15 min we had done sex but doctor I can't get my periods till today .today is 21 June I can't get my periods plzz tell me doctor why I can't get my periods.
I am 28 years old women. Before 4 years I took a surgery for lump on my right breast. At the same time a tiny lumps on my left breast too. I took needle biopsy to the both breast at that time. The result is normal. The biopsy result of right breast is also normal. After 6 months of surgery I got married and delivers a child before our first anniversary. My left breast lump is become larger during this period. Am i suspect the left breast lump cancer. I am afraid to a medical examine. Please give me a clarification.
Hello doctor, I wanna know whether m pregnant or not. I missed my period it was on 9 sep. Didn't got till now nd I hav a discharge lyk sperm while urinating every time from last 7 days. Please tell me its a sign of pregnancy? Thanks.
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection:
- The main reason for urinary infection is the bacterium that moves from the urinary duct to the urinary bladder.
- The other main reasons for urinary tract infection are due to sexual intercourse, pregnancy and diabetes.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners.
- In most women urinary infection is caused due to hormonal imbalance after menopause.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are high on fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
The air that we breathe today is full of toxic and hazardous pollutants. Pollution in the environment could leave mother Earth sapped of its beauty and biodiversity. Each year millions of people die all around the world due to different pollution related problems. The key to live a healthy life is to identify the sources of air pollution and implement practical ways so that we can help stop air pollution. This article is going to suggest different ideas that can contribute to stop air pollution in the world around us.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
So, I will posting articles related to air pollution and steps we can take to prevent it for better living.
Common Air Pollutants and their Sources
1. Carbon Monoxide: Generated by cigarettes, combustion engines, gas and fuel appliances, incinerators.
2. Lead from aircraft fuel metal processing plants, incineration and battery acid production
3. Ozone produced by car exhausts, factory processing, electric utilities, power plants, chemical solvents.
4. Nitrogen Dioxide from car engines, airplane engines, factories, and power plants.
5. Sulfur Dioxide -locomotives, ships, planes, and other equipment produce huge volumes of Sulfur Dioxide. Industrial processes, particularly ore extraction and purification, are also producers of the gas.
6. Particulate Matter: produced by nearly every single process involving chemicals and fuels, farming and construction.
Effects of Common Air Pollutants
EFFECTS ON HUMANS
- Coughing and shortness of breath, Asthma and sometimes premature deaths,
- Lung cancer
- IQ loss and impacts on learning, memory, and behavior in children due to damage to the developing nervous system,
- Heart disease
- kidney effects
EFFECTS ON ENVIRONMENT - FLORA AND FAUNA
- Lead can cause damage to flora and fauna.
- Ozone is a dangerous substance for most living organisms and multiple ecosystems on land and in the sea.
- Acid rains produced by Nitrogen Dioxide and Sulfur Dioxide are extremely destructive to the soil, plants and animals,
- Particulate Matter is harmful to animals, mammals being more affected
My wife is pregnant and first month running she is suffering from morning sickness would you please tell how it will reduce?
We have often noticed outgrowth around the neck in a lot of people. The neck lumps are of varying sizes. While some may be unduly large in size, others range from being moderate to miniscule. Usually, neck lumps do not bode any cancerous development and are benign in most cases. However, certain specific types of neck lumps can often bode serious health impairments. A lot of the neck lumps are painless and do not cause any discomfort to the patient. However, these lumps must not go unattended in either case. Especially if they are cancerous, a speedy detection is expedient to arrest any further damage. The neck lumps stem from a lot reasons.
Some of the most common causes are enlisted below:
- Swollen Lymph nodes: Lymph nodes are spread all over your body. They are often susceptible to infections caused by germ attacks. Infection causing bacteria or viruses often result in the enlargement or swelling in the lymph nodes. This manifests itself as neck lumps, albeit sometimes. This could also arise out of allergic reactions to certain foreign substances.
- Cancer: While a neck lump may not necessarily mean a sign of cancer, some lumps could occur due to tumor formations, which unfortunately indicate a malignant growth. Radioscopy and biopsy are the usual techniques through which the malignancy of the tumors can be detected.
- Thyroid Disease: Some neck lumps occur due to an inflammation in the thyroid glands. On account of certain hormonal imbalances, hyroid glands may swell up leading to neck lumps.
- Mumps: Mumps is a contagious disease that is caused by a viral infection in the respiratory tract. As a consequence, the salivary glands may swell up causing neck lumps. Mumps are very common in children.
- Tumour in the salivary glands: Another common cause of neck lumps are tumours in the salivary glands. On account of a variety of external as well as internal reasons, there may be an abnormal growth in our salivary glands. This leads to lumps in the neck.
The earliest signs of neck lumps should goad you to consult a doctor. While it may not be of alarming nature, to avert any major ailment, it is worthwhile to be cautious beforehand.
My daughter age is 26 unmarried. She is having PCOD for which she is taking treatment. The problem is she is getting bad odour from under arms. Is there any relation between PCOD and bad odour. If so please suggest medication. Regards.
These drinks are not only amazingly delicious but they have so many health benefits as well! If you are feeling low on energy, maybe you work a job that requires little physical motion. Maybe you just didn?t get enough sleep and are feeling drained. These drinks have the nutrients your body needs in order to thrive.
1. Green Supreme
In a juicer blend together?
-8 Kale Stocks
-2 Green Apples
-2 Green Pears
2. Beetroot Blend
In a juicer blend together?
-6 Peeled Carrots
-4 Peeled Beets
-2 Red Apples
-A bit of peeled ginger
-Add some turmeric if you?re feeling adventurous.
3. Lavender Tea
4 Boil a small amount of water in a pot ? this is going to be a concentrated amount.
Add sugar when water is bubbling and stir until completely dissolved. Taste for sweetness, add more lemon if too sweet.
Add in lavender and stir for a minute, then add the mint and let boil for a few minutes.
Taste every so often as the tastes get more pungent as it cooks.
Through a strainer, pour the concentrated tea into a jug filled with ice cubes ? and there you have it!
-4 Lavender Sprigs or 1 cup crushed lavender
-2 Sprigs of mint
-Honey or Raw Sugar
-Lemon to taste
Add bit of ginger if you want to add some spice.
Hi I am 25 years old and am 6 months pregnant. Actually I hv a fibroid and I fl abdomen pain am nt active enough .I cnt stand fa a long tym nor I cn do walk am wryd abt baby's health .pple suggest 2 do wrk fa easy labour bt I cnt Do soo. Pls help me.
My gf does not have her periods still one month 2 days left what is the reason is she having any problems?
I am 35 years unmarried. Since two months i am not getting periods i am very much worried about that. Please suggest me what to do.
My wife is tested with amh is about 0. 4, is it hope that she can conceive? as married last 8 years. Kindly suggest. Thanks
I am 24 year female, I got married one year ago and now I am planning to conceive a baby, just few days unfortunately I had a miscarriage a baby of 2 week on 17 jan after that my period continues on 28-2 Feb after 5 days again my period started on 7 feb-12 Feb. Pls help me when it will be suitable to plan for baby. Is it a normal phenomenon?
In during periods, the bleeding occurs which was over bleeding, to control the bleeding, what I have to do.
1. Sit straight in your chair with support of lumbar roll, rolled towel or small pillow over low back area.
2.2. Try to sit on the edge of chair so that you do not lean forward. While sitting on edge is comfortable to make your spine erect, form an arch, make your head to drop in front and your shoulders to round.
3. Drop your shoulders and rest them.
4. Arms should be close to your sides with elbows bend at 90 degree position.
5. Head should be stretch towards the ceiling.
6. Chin tuck in.
7. Upper back should be straight by rolling shoulders backwards along with tummy tuck in.
8. Neck in comfortable straight position.
9. The height of the table should be adjusted in a way so that it should not be too high or too low in the level of eyes so that neck should not bend up or down.
10. Knees should be in 90 degree flexion so that they are on level with your hips.
11. Feet should be place flat on the floor. Make sure it should make a level with knee and hip position. If knee or leg pains then you can also keep small stool or footstool or other support to rest your foot on it.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a form of assisted reproductive technology (ART), wherein the egg and the sperm are physically combined in a laboratory dish before being transferred into the uterus. This procedure of reproduction has gained popularity among infertile and homosexual couples and also among women opting for single motherhood.
Although IVF is a becoming increasingly accepted procedure in the present day scenario with the growing infertility levels among individuals and open-mindedness of the society, there are some factors that must be taken into consideration before opting for the IVF procedure.
- Multiple Births: To guarantee the success of the treatment, usually more than one embryo is inserted into the uterus after fertilization. It is not uncommon for multiple embryos to end up attaching themselves to the uterine wall, leading to multiple births. It is important for the individual or the couple to be emotionally and physically prepared for that possibility.
- Reasons for infertility: Before opting for the procedure, the couple is often advised to go through several tests to check for the sperm count, mobility and the uterus environment to determine if at all IVF is the best option for the couple.
- Side Effects: After the procedure, the woman is expected to be under several types of medication to prevent the eggs from ripening. There are certain obvious side effects including headache, bloating, nausea and mood swings. In certain cases, the individual may experience circulatory problems, which when heightened may require hospitalization.
- Emotional Impact: IVF has a major impact on the emotion regulation of the individual. It might be overwhelming for most individuals and a strong psychological system is often searched for people opting for the procedure. The stress and the overflow of emotions can sometimes be too much to take for somebody and hence, people with major psychological disorders are advised against it.