Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.M. KothariYour feedback matters!
Am 21 years I had sex one day before my period ended now my period is late ,i have little cramps and white mucous discharge. No vomit, no fatigue or any other sign of pregnancy only late period with little cramps and white mucous discharge. Am I pregnant?
The tailbone (coccyx) is the small bone at the lower end of the spine. A tailbone injury may involve stretched ligaments, bruising, or a broken bone (fracture). Tailbone injuries can be painful, and some may take a long time to heal.
This condition is often caused by falling and landing on the tailbone. Other causes include:
- Repeated strain or friction from actions such as rowing and bicycling.
In some cases, the cause may not be known.
This condition is more common in women than in men.
Symptoms of this condition include:
- Pain in the lower back, especially when sitting.
- Pain or difficulty when standing up from a sitting position.
- Bruising in the tailbone area.
- Painful bowel movements.
- In women, pain during intercourse.
This condition may be diagnosed based on your symptoms and a physical exam. X-rays may be taken if a fracture is suspected. You may also have other tests, such as a CT scan or MRI.
- This condition may be treated with medicines to help relieve your pain. Most tailbone injuries heal on their own in 4–6 weeks. However, recovery time may be longer if the injury involves a fracture.
- Local injection To treat the pain of coccydynia, the patient is placed in the prone position. When the needle is satisfactorily positioned at or near sacrococcygeal junction , a small dose of steroid and local anesthetic is given.The needle is then removed, and a sterile pressure dressing and ice pack are placed at the injection site.
- Ganglion impar block may be used in patients who fail to respond to NSAIDS or local injection.
Hi Dr. When can I have intercourse after abortion. I decided to put multiload. Is there any problem if we have sex.
Hello I'm asking for some help regarding cancer issues. How can we. Recognise cancer issues. My mom got breast cancer and now she getting so many problem. So how can she will be all right from breast cancer.
Foods that elevate your metabolism is a good method of losing fat from the body. Include these foods in your breakfast, lunch and dinner to harness their fat burning power. Try these foods to kick start your metabolism:
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be super foods as they are packed with nutrients. Rich in protein and vitamin D, eggs also help boost your metabolism.
- Lean meat: Include lean meats, such as chicken and turkey to your diet as they are rich sources of protein. They are also good sources of iron, the deficiency of which may lead to sluggish metabolism.
- Chili peppers: Chili peppers are good sources of 'capsaicin', a component that is known to kick start your metabolism into high gear. You may add chili peppers to your dishes to add some pungent flavor as well.
- Water: Dehydration may lead to you to feel sluggish the entire day; thus it is necessary to drink cold water as the body burns calories while warming the water.
- Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee is known to stimulate your metabolism.
- Beans: Beans are known to contain good amounts of protein and fiber. The fiber in the beans help in promoting satiety and restricts your food cravings. They are also rich in iron, a macronutrient that helps in improving metabolism.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C that help combat free radical damage in the body. They also contain fiber that promotes healthy digestion.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is a good source of magnesium that helps to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It is also known to stimulate various hormones in the body that burn fat.
- Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is known to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It also boosts acid production in the stomach, thus promoting healthy digestion and contributing to an increased metabolism.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb that has certain properties which help in metabolizing carbohydrates in the body, thus increasing your overall calorie burn and kick starting your metabolism.
Please can you advise that is it safe to do sex in pregnancy in first month starting phase. If yes than please tell us how we can do safe sex without any complications. Please suggest us the precautions and advise from your end also.
Last week I had whole abdominal Ultrasound but I consumed tea and few biscuits an hour before .does it effects my ultrasound report because reports came Normal. I did ultrasound to confirm whether m pregnant or not .after I had sex four months ago m having periods every month but they are short and light .I beta hcg and urine test both are negative. Yesterday I had urine again .it shows negative again but my stomach is increasing it's now 30 inches. Whereas I was flat and slim Earlier.
Syphilis is one of the most common STD and can affect both men and women. This bacterial infection can be easily treated, but if left unattended it can cause serious problems. Syphilis can be caught by mere skin to skin contact with an infected person’s genitals or mouth. Hence even if you do not have intercourse with an infected person, you can still get infected from them. If a woman who is pregnant gets infected with this disease, she could pass it on to her unborn child as well.
A person suffering from syphilis may not always exhibit symptoms of the disease. This disease goes through active as well as dormant phases with symptoms being present only in the former. Even its dormant phase, this disease can be transmitted from one person to another.
There are four stages of syphilis and each of them have their own symptoms.
- Primary stage: In its first stage, syphilis is marked by the presence of open sores called chancres. This can occur in the mouth, genitals are or around the anus. It can also be seen in other parts of the body where bacteria may have entered the body. These chancres are painless and may be accompanied by a swelling of the lymph nodes around it. This is the most contagious stage of the disease. Without treatment, these sores will resolve themselves in 3-6 weeks but the syphilis bacteria itself will remain in the body.
- Secondary stage: Anywhere between 2 weeks to 12 weeks after coming in contact with the bacteria, this infection may move into its second phase or secondary stage. At this point, you will notice a rash on your skin. This rash can be seen as a collection of small, flat or raised skin sores along with small, open sores on mucous membranes. These sores may contain pus. Dark-skinned people may notice that these sores are lighter than the surrounding skin. Along with this, the patient may also have fever, a sore throat, headaches, weakness, irritability and suffer from weight loss.
- Latent stage: Once the rash clears, this disease moves into its dormant or latent phase. This is also known as the hidden stage and can last anywhere from 1 to 20 years. It is very difficult to diagnose syphilis in this stage as there are no visible symptoms.
- Late (tertiary) stage: If the disease is not diagnosed and treated by the time it reaches this stage, it can cause a number of serious health problems. This includes blindness, cardiovascular problems, mental disorders and even death. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am a 31 years old woman & experiencing a severe pain on the right side of my nipple. Can it be a breast cancer? Pls advice.
My periods date were 6th Jan I took primolut n to delay my periods. I had unprotected sex on 19th Jan n took unwanted 72. After few hours I started to bleed n bleeding is continue till now. Wat is it? Is it periods? And does bleeding rules out pregnancy.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits.
Most indian dishes use onions as an ingredient in preparations. It is also used in salads. Learn about the following health benefits that eating onions gets.
- Rich source of vitamin A- onions are rich in vitamin a which aids good vision, helps boost immune system and cell growth.
- Relieves pain and inflammation - rubbing onion juice on the area if bitten by a honeybee is known to provide immediate relief from the burning sensation and the pain.
- Increases good cholesterol - raw onions are known to boost the production of hdl (good cholesterol) in the body.
- Cures infection - it is used as an age old cure for infections and inflammations.
- Is mineral & vitamin rich - onions contain natural sugar, minerals like sodium, potassium, iron and dietary fibers, vitamins a, b6, c & e, and are also a rich source of folic acid.
- Provides fiber - per 100 grams of serving contains only 44 calories along with a good 1.4 grams of fiber.
- Prevents hair loss - onion mixed with salt and pepper is rubbed on the scalp to stop hair loss, in the arab countries. Onion juice is used to make hair mask which aides thickening and growth of hair.
- Works on fever - a small piece of onion, if kept on the forehead, works against fever.
- Controls sugar levels - onions are known to help control sugar levels in the blood by increasing the insulin level.
- Purifies skin - applying onion and turmeric juice is said to remove dark patches and pigmentation problems in the skin. It also aids in treatment of acne, anti-aging, getting rid of dark spots and pigmentations, and many more.
- Clears eyesight - onion juice is used to cure eye problems. The juice is used as drops for infants, so that they have clear eyesight.