Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Hetal DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old. I have frequent headaches and I wear spectacles (cylindrical axis) with eye power 3 in both eyes. I have been wearing cylindrical axis only for one year. Before that I was wearing spectacles for around 10 years. I am unable to work when headache is there and hence I take tablets like crocin. Could the headache be due to change in eye power or cylindrical axis?
Can i use the same prescription for the contact lens which i use for my spec? i have -3,180d power for both eye(prescribed for spec)
I am 19 year old. My eyes are weak from small age only. I am wearing specs from last 2 years. Please tell me about any medicine, by which my eye sight becomes again normal.
I am suffering from headache by increasing my eye number. So give me reason of this problem and prescribe drug for this problem. And second is how to decrease eye number?
I am 20 year old male and I am a student. I have a to spend lots of time on laptop which makes my eyes go dry because of which I can not sleep properly. And this also cause sever head ache. Please let me know the solution of it.
I have a problem in my right eye. Whenever I do some precise work or study I get some iteration in that eye. Please suggest me solution.
I have headache everyday sometime, I check my eyes number but I havr no eyes problem, so please help me.
Small bulge on outer corner of left eye for last 2 years. No pain no redness. When stressed alot the bump is visible. In morning the bump on eye upper outet lid is swollen. Then the swelling goes on its own. When I touch the lump is hard. And also I can not bear to sit long times under lights can not watch tv for long. Help.
I have eye problem. Not seen clear at far dist. I consult to doctor .but he says to wearing glass .so suggest me to increase my eye vision.
I am salim 33 years old, am using an artificial implant in my right eye, lower lid lost the strength and became little less, Sometimes there's a chance of falling artificial eye from socket, kindly suggest on the same. Contact no-9035009111.
Whenever I wake up in morning, I still feel like tired, I am unable to open my eyes properly, so please suggest me.
My son is 14 years old & he is having spect. Of -3.00 for both eyes. How can be this no. reduced or can be removed permentaly. Also he is very weak, how to develope his fitness ?
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.