Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hariharan KrishananYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old, I want to know how to eliminate the skin marks caused by pimple or by any other way?
How can I finish pores (gadde) on my face by medicine .Few days ago I had pimples on my face but not now.
I want a solution to regrowth hair in blade area and stop my hairfall and regrowth hair which is already fall.
Hello I am 34 year female. On Front side of my head very thin hair. Scalp is showing outside. Also 80% of hair on front is grey. What to do for hair growth and grey hair turn black.
My face was lot of pimples and it's hole, now I am using aloe Vera gel on my face twice a day, is good way to reduce pimples.
Sir/madam, I suffered every year from angular cheilitis or perleche during the time of weather changes. Please tell the medicine for this infection.
In order to get healthy hair, it is necessary that the hair are nourished with enough amount of healthy nutrients. While there are a lot of good solutions that could be directly applied on the hair to get healthy and shining hair, food also plays a vital role in making the sure that the overall health of the hair is maintained.
Here is a list of 20 best and worst foods that can enable a person to maintain healthy hair:
- Salmon: Vitamin D and protein are the best ingredients for a healthy scalp and hair. The Omega-3 fatty acid found in salmon keeps the scalp hydrated and accounts for a healthy shining hair.
- Beef: Beef is a rich source of zinc, protein, iron, vitamin B and numerous other minerals. All these ingredients help in maintain a good and healthy hair.
- Prunes: Prunes may not helps with bowel movement, but are a great dietary source for improving hair texture. They also prevent hair discoloration, thinning and loss of hair.
- Green tea: Green contains polyphenols that help in keeping the scalp healthy. Daily intake of green tea can improve the overall health of the hair. Applying green tea on the scalp also helps to get rid of dandruff.
- Carrots: Due to their rich vitamin A content, carrots maintain as an even flow of sebum that keeps the scalp moisturised. A healthy scalp translates into healthy hair.
- Eggs: Egg contains vitamin B and biotin. These are vital components as far as the health of scalp is concerned. Biotin makes the hair shiny and improves the overall health of the hair.
- Leafy vegetables: Green vegetables such as lettuce, spinach and broccoli are some of the best sources of vitamin C and vitamin A. They help in sebum formation and moisturise the scalp.
- Brown rice: Brown rice has fibre, protein, and vitamin. Studies have shown that regular intake of this kind of rice can keep the scalp healthy.
- Oysters: Oysters are a good source of zinc that helps in the production of a hormone known as androgen. The latter can address hair problems such as dandruff and hair fall.
- Walnut: Walnuts have multiple health benefits. Due to their rich content of vitamin E, copper, biotin, and omega 3 fatty acid, they can quickly address the problem of hair loss and improve hair texture.
- Cottage cheese: Cottage cheese has low-fat content and is a great source of protein and calcium. It can improve dull hair in a short span of time.
- Green peas: Green peas contain iron, vitamin, zinc, copper, iron and such other important ingredients. They maintain the health of the scalp and the hair for a long term.
- Lentils: lentils can be consumed 2-3 times in a week for an even flow of oxygen in the scalp. The folic acid present in the lentils also ensures quick hair growth.
- Bell peppers: Bell peppers are a very good source of vitamin C. They ensure even flow of oxygen to the hair follicles ensuring hair growth and preventing hair damage.
Worst foods for healthy hair:
- Swordfish: Swordfish possesses a high level of mercury and is considered to be extremely harmful to the health of scalp resulting into hair loss and hair fall.
- Diet soda: Diet soda contains sweeteners that have aspartame as a component which is responsible for dull hair and loss of shine and texture of hair.
- Sugar: Sugar hinders the absorption of protein in the body. It is especially harmful to the hair follicle which needs protein for its general health. It should be avoided as much as one can in order to ensure healthy hair.
- Alcohol: Alcohol has multiple disadvantages. It dehydrates the scalp; hinder moisturising slows down the rate of zinc absorption in the body. It is one of the major causes for the loss of hair.
- Fast Food: Fast food contains processed fat and excessive fat. This can clog the hair follicles and results in hair loss.
I m having itching problem from past 10 days, it has spreaded to both the limbs, stomach, groin region, neck, shoulder and back I went to doctor who said it is scabies and prescribed prescribed me following medicine:- HH Mite, levosiz and Vermact I followed the medicine, I was recovering but now again it has spread and this time it more problematic. Then I consulted another doctor who it is not scabies and prescribed:- Caladryl, Montas L. I don't understand what to do.
Hair loss and balding is very common heath issue in men and women. Stressful lifestyle, pollution, lack of proper diet and lack of proper care are all the causes of sudden hair loss. People who are worried about the hair fall go for so many remedies of different health care system, but they provide only temporary solutions. As Ayurveda remedies are the natural and holistic system of the health cure. Many people are going towards Ayurvedic ingredients can help you cure hair loss issues. Hair loss and balding is the very embarrassing condition for both males and females. The early stages of the hair loss can be easily decreased and even stopped completely.
Ayurvedic approach believes that hair loss and balding can be controlled by targeting the body type or mind-body structure. Pitta Dosha is also considered as the primary cause of the hair fall. Ayurveda says that the improved lifestyle and proper diet could cure Pitta Dosha. Ayurvedic remedies for hair loss are made of natural herbs to that can improve hair growth and reduce hair loss.
The most effective herbs which reduce the hair loss in minimal period and give amazing results are:
- Amla: Amla is filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. Amla acts like a hair nutrient and tonic which provides healthier and stronger hair and solves all the hair related issues.
- Aloe vera: This is very good for re- growth of hair and also stops hair fall, hair thinning and balding.
- Methi: Methi is easily available at most of the houses of India. This is also used with spices in the Indian food and along with this domestic use Methi is an effective home ingredient to reduce the hair fall problems. These are the natural herbs which are used for the treatment of hair fall in Ayurveda. Along with these some specially prepared medicines are also available which the mixture of different ingredients is.
Any of the natural or specially prepared medicines can give amazing results and you can get rid of hair fall issues. But before using any of the remedies consultation of the expert Ayurvedic physician is suggested for the safe and harms fewer results.