Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G. S. HathiYour feedback matters!
I have 23 month old child he catch two much cold and running nose and he is lethargic. I want to carry on with Ayurvedic medicine pls help me out. The problem is he gets running cold every 15 days we give him regularly tulsi water but still problem come again and again.
HI, My baby is 3 months old, we have appointed 1 lady person for her daily males (exercise) of body, please confirm for how many months I have continue for goods development of her body.
Hi Doctor my daughter refuses to consume cow milk and juice. And her weight level is 10 kg for 1.6 yrs. Is she k? What else I need to do for her weight gain. One more question Doctor what do you think about lactogen, junior Horlicks is that safe.
2 year baby is suffering from high fever 103. I gave meftal p before 1 and half hour but fever is not coming down. What should I do.
My nephew is one and a half month old and we recently discovered that he has two small 2 mm holes in his heart. He gets really tired while drinking milk and has not gained much weight which a normal baby should in one and a half month. Our family doctor said these might not need surgery as they are very small and should close on its own. Kindly help.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am getting ache in my stomach from last 20 days if any medicines are there then please let me know.
My son is 4 months old having dandruff I am using aveeno baby shampoo but no use. It was like a layer and round patch. Please suggest.
Sir my child 07 years old but she never feel hungry I have done lot of test like tv, ultrasound and lot of blood test but only tv direct few we have given 9 month medicine but still she is not eating.
My younger daughter is 10 years old. She is not gaining her weight please suggest some diet for her.
My baby is 2 months old and my breast milk supply has become very less. Tried every home remedy but nothing worked. Please suggest some measures to increase milk supply which could actually work for me.
I think that I have ADHD because I am short tempered, sometimes I get depressed, I goes slow in studies, sometimes I feel lack of awareness while talking so at that time I get teased by friends. But I am ambitious, innovative, and I am not so much forgetful. Please help me that how I can improve my studies with 100% concentration.
My 16 year old daughter is having mild fever ranging from 98 to 99.3 degrees since last 13 days. Her CBC report shows readings in normal range. It started with cold and cough. Now, she gets fever around 99 deg. Mostly during night. She is feeling very weak. Her blood sugar levels are on border line. Please advise.
I am a new mommy of 43 days old baby girl. I breastfeed my baby daily but there is a lack of milk some times. At that time as per doctor's suggestion powder milk is giving to her. But today her stool is seen as green in colour. Is some thing wrong with her? As a new mom an in tension with this. What may be the reason for that green colour? Did I get in to a hospital soon with my baby?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My child is 15 months old and earlier days he didn't like plain cow milk. Can I give any supplements to increase the flavor or test of milk. Suggest any name of supplements which is healthier.
11 mahine ki beti hai meri. Use dhoop asar kar gaya. Loo lagya. Drugs de rahe hai. Aur ghar pe kya swdhani barte.
What is time of teething in babies. My baby is 10 month old but no teeth yet should I worried? Please advise.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.