Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. EvlingYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years old male. I have a serious backache for last 1 year. In winter, it is unbearable but in summer its ok. What should I do?
Herniated disc, bulged disc, protruded intervertebral disc (PIVD) are the different names of one condition. This is a condition where- disc in between the two vertebral bodies starts peeping out on one side- anterior or posterior. These discs are just like the bags filled with liquid material, which work like shock-absorbent. There are several hard bony vertebrae in the vertebral column and there is plenty of movements with these vertebrae. When we look on one side to other side, we look upwards, downwards or we twist and even we bend forward or backward in each and every condition, there will be a movement in these bones, these discs decide the free movements of the spine. Along with this- when we walk or run there will be shocks and jerks to all these bones and these bags decide that there wont be any kind of jerks in between the bones. So, these discs are of multiple uses.
Our spine is inverted “S” shaped. There are two main curvatures in the spine which are free to move- Cervical and Lumbar curvatures. These curvatures of the spine are maintained due to the spaces in between the two vertebrae. Whenever there is a loss or change (specially reduction) of this space between two vertebrae- pressure will be exerted on the intervertebral discs. This uneven pressure on the disc causes- protrusion/bulge/herniation of the disc- this is the condition known as SLIPPED DISC, in layman language. Why does disc slip
Generally, slipped disc condition is diagnosed by its signs and symptoms. When slipped disc starts exerting pressure on the nerves surround the disc- the nerve will be excited which gives sensation of- Pain, Burning or Numbness in the related area of the nerve. This sensation can travel long far away to the areas, which are being supplied by the nerve and can be limited to a particular location in neck or back even. Sign & Symptoms of Slipped Disc.
Ayurveda about Slipped Disc
Where modern medical (Surgical) sciences believes that this is a problem of just bones and joints of the vertebral disc besides this Ayurveda takes a “Wholistic” (Complete and wholesome) approach towards this and tells that this is a problem at three levels-
- Mamsa Dhatu, Asthi Dhatu, Majja Dhatu!!
- These are different tissue levels according to Ayurveda- Mamsa is muscles, Asthi represents bones and the Majja denotes everything which is in between and in the bones.
- Mamsa (the muscles) starts stiffening due to the dryness – improper diet and imbalanced lifestyle and deteriorate the curvature of the spine- which leads to the deterioration of the intervertebral discs.
- Asthi (the bony tissue) is affected due to the muscles.
- Majja (the disc and the neural tissue- spine) is compressed due to the pressure and all effects.
So, we need to treat the condition, wisely and in a wholesome manner, rather just to removal of the protruded tissues (Laminotomy) and this is the basic reason- there are risks associated to the surgery of the spine and in almost more than 45% cases patients had to go for a second surgery to stay pain free. Why Surgery for spine doesn’t succeed. Secondly, this is a mechanical problem so medicines alone can give you temporary relief rather than the cure- So better you save your money and invest it on complete cure for the problem, rather than just taking the pain killers and medicines which were indicated in epilepsy to just reduce the signs and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am suffering with severe back pain since past one week, especially when I sit for long time. Please suggest solution for this.
I am 38 and frm last 5 years I have acute pain in my joints and ften aong with pain swelling of parts like hand and toes ocvures what should I do.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. After that I had mild joint and muscles pains, my anus slightly changed to gray. New moles also. I feared that I had hiv.
I am 21 male, I am unable to gain wait after proper eating and sleeping, I am 5'8 and 55 kg weight, and I also have pain in lower back. What should I do to gain weight and remedy for back pain. Thank You.
I had a follow up today with my Dr. and I am still at a 90 degree bend. We had discussed MUA and I was hoping to avoid it. I have had 6 previous surgeries on this knee due to a car accident when I was 18, I'm now 46. My bend prior to surgery was 110, and I'm just hoping to get back to that and be.
I am 25 year old I have lower back pain on lift side since 2 year I consult many doctors but no relief x ray is ok so what I do tell me please.
I am getting lower back pain side I am thinking its kidney problem please suggest me any treatment I am from middle class family can't effort costly test.
I have a joint pain in my shoulders and knee, I used pain killer in 3-4 months, but pain is not finish. What about you say doctor.
Running karte time mere left side ki kamar ke jod me jhatka aa gaya tha 6 years before. Par aaj bhi dard hota hai. Samadhan bataye ?
He suffer from pnimoniya. This disease caused by spinal & back oppression side effect. So help me out how to he recover.
I work in night shift. I go to office at 6 PM and come back at 4: 30 AM. Please advise me how do I take care of my health. I am getting weakness losing weight.
I am 40 year old and a working lady. Since a few times now I have severe back pain and during sleep often my left arm specially the index and little finger becomes numb. I often have dizziness. I'm worried. Can you please suggest something and the cause for it?
I have a pan in my knee every day what's the solution of this problem. Please suggest me. I am 30 year's.
Spine surgery is conventionally performed as ‘open surgery’, which means the region being worked on is opened with a long entry point to permit the surgeon to view and access the area. Technical and scientific advances have permitted more back and neck conditions to be treated with a less obtrusive surgical technique. The minimal invasive spine surgery (MISS) does not include a long cut, and it prevents causing damage to the muscles around the spine. As a rule, this causes less pain after the surgery and a speedier and healthy recovery.
Spine surgery is normally suggested when non-surgical treatments like medicinal or exercise based methods have not helped in lessening the excruciating symptoms of your back problem. Moreover, surgery is just considered if your doctor can pinpoint the correct reason of your pain, for example, a herniated circle or spinal stenosis.
MISS is also called less obtrusive spine surgery. In these procedures, surgeons utilise particular instruments to get to the spine through little cuts. The surgery process is as follows:
- During the surgery, a little entry point is made and the tubular retractor is embedded through the skin.
- It is also inserted into the delicate tissues down to the spinal cord.
- This makes a passage to the little range where the problem exists in the spine.
- The tubular retractor holds the muscles open and is set up all through the surgery.
- The surgeon gets to the spine utilising the little instruments that fit through the focal point of the tubular retractor.
- Any bone or disk material that is expelled goes out from the retractor.
- Any gadgets needed for the fusion process, for example, screws or rods, are embedded through the retractor.
- A few surgeries require more than one retractor.
- Keeping in mind the end goal to see where to put the entry point and embed the retractor, the surgeon is guided by fluoroscopy.
- This strategy shows ongoing X-ray pictures of the patient's spine on a screen throughout the surgery.
- The surgeon additionally utilises a microscope to enlarge the view through the retractor.
- Towards the end of the procedure, the tubular retractor is expelled and the muscles come back to their original position.
- This restrains the muscle damage that is more ordinarily found in open surgeries.
It is very important to talk about these risks with your doctor before your surgery or procedure.
- Infection: Antibiotics are consistently given to the patient some time before, during, and regularly after the surgery to reduce the danger of infections.
- Bleeding: A specific measure of bleeding is normal; however, this is not commonly dangerous.
- Pain in the grafted area: Some patients will encounter surgical pain at the bone joint site.
- Recurring symptoms: A few patients may encounter a repeat of their side effects.
- Pseudarthrosis: Patients who tend to smoke are more prone to pseudarthrosis. This is a condition wherein there is insufficient bone formation. In case that this happens, a minor surgery may be required.
- Nerve damage: It is possible that the nerves or veins might be harmed during these operations. These complications are extremely uncommon.
- Blood clots: Another complication is blood clots in the legs. This poses a threat because these clots can break off and settle in the lungs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.