Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Duru ShahYour feedback matters!
1. Personal prophylactic measures
A. Use mosquito repellent cream, liquid, mats, etc.
B. Wear full sleeves shirts and full pants with socks
C. Use bed net for sleeping infants and young children's to prevent mosquito bit
2. Environmental management and source reduction methods
A. Identify and eliminate mosquito breeding sources
B. Prevent collection of water on roof tops, porticos and sunshades
C. Properly cover the stored water
D. Frequently change water in water pots, flower vases, water coolers, etc
E. Waste must be disposed properly and should not be allowed to collect
3. Biological and chemical control
A. Use larva I or ousted fish in ornamental tank and fountain, etc
B. Use biocide or chemical larvicides for control of mosquitoes breeding
C. Aerosol space spray
4. Health education
A. Impart knowledge to common people regarding measures to reduce vector breeding and safe guard for preventing mosquito breeding
Homoeopathic medicine for prevention
- Eupatorium perforatum 200
- Rhus tox 200
- Bryoniaabla 200
1 of these can be taken twice a day for 3 days as prophylaxis
I have gained lot of weight since last 2 years after taking ovral-g for irregular periods prescribed by some doctor bt my periods are still irregular and even m tryng hard to lose weight bt nt working. please suggest me any medicine to lose weight with minimal side effects.
Balance disorder is more prevalent in old people, but they are not the only ones who are affected by it. There are many causes that can lead to Balance disorder and some of them can be controlled. Balance problem causes spinning of head coupled with dizziness while standing or sitting, which can lead to an injurious fall.
The common symptoms of Balance disorder include:
- Depression, anxiety or fear
- Blurred vision
- Inability to concentrate
- Changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Ear infection: If the vestibular system (which is also called the labyrinth) inside your ear gets infected and inflamed, it can cause Balance disorder. This is because the inner part of the ear is responsible for coordination and balance. This condition is known as labyrinthitis and it is frequently accompanied by dizziness and vertigo. Viral and respiratory infections can also cause labyrinthitis.
- Poor circulation: Certain diseases associated with the circulatory system, such as stroke can cause dizziness and various other Balance problems.
- Medications: There are certain medications that can lead to Balance disorder, such as medications to normalize blood pressure can cause dizziness. Ototoxic drugs are infamous for causing ear problems that lead to imbalance. Sometimes its ill effects are felt only during the period of using, but many people have suffered permanent ear damage.
Other causes of Balance disorder include head injury, imbalance of chemicals in the brain, arthritis, neurological conditions and aging.
- Balanced diet: Meniere's disease is a condition that causes ear problems, which lead to vertigo. It is primarily connected to the change in the volume of fluid in the inner ear. Try to eliminate salt from your diet and abstain from alcohol in order to prevent such a condition.
- Prevention of ear infections: Otitis media is a common kind of ear infection seen in children, but adults can have it too. It causes dizziness and nausea. Completing the antibiotics course helps prevent this infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am pregnant of 1 month and yesterday I checked my blood report that is 7.9 mg/dl and calcium is 7.2 mg/dl.
Last month my wife had menses only for one and a half day. This month she didn't had menses. We did urine pregnancy test and the result was negative. But still menses didn't come. After one week we again did the test and the result was null. The next day we again did a urine test and it also resulted in null. Although evrytime we took a new device for test. She doesn't want to get pregnant. What should we do to avoid pregnancy. Please help. Menses time is between 10 -15th of the month. Should we wait for next month.
I'm 22 years old female. And yesterday night suddenly I noticed that my nipples got harder and erected. And now after nearly 14 hours I'm observing little pain in that area. What could be the reason?
Hi Doctor, I am 24 years old. I've been married a year ago. I didn't get my periods yet. I had unprotected intercourse and taken unwanted 72 pill within 24 hours. I usually have 21 day cycle. But its crossed 7 days now. Is there chances of pregnancy? Even after taking the pills? What shall I do now? I am not planning for pregnancy now. So please suggest how to over come this. And please let me know when to have intercourse for not getting conceive. Thanks,
Hello sir I've married a three months ago. My wife age is 20. Unfortunately she is pregnant now we are afraid of being parents so early. I talked some doctor here and they all said that abortion of first child is too risky for her even there is some possibility that we can't be parents in future so in this case what can we do and if she Carry this baby what has to do for her for a healthy pregnancy? By the way, she is very afraid and suffering from pain of belly and vomiting and some kind of breathing problems. So please kindly give some better suggestion for us.
I'm 20 years old. I'm diagnosed with PCOS since the past two years. For the first one and a half year, I was prescribed medicines. After that, for the next 6 months, my period occurred regularly, without medication. Last month, my period got delayed by 5 days and this month by 15 days. The doctor prescribed me medicines to make my period happen. Usually pain doesn't occur during my period but since the past few months, pain occurs and it's very painful. Will by PCOS get cured? Will I get pregnant in future or will the PCOS will be a problem? Is sexual intercourse harmful for PCOS? What kind of diet should I follow for PCOS? Is there any particular food stuff that I should avoid? Is cycling good for PCOS?
After intercourse, whenever the liquid which comes out of my partner touches my skin, it causes heavy itching. May I know what is the problem?
I want to know that do using condoms has any sideeffects do using it gives rashes on the skin do it makes skin dry after use and do it leads to erectile dysfunction. I know it is safe for sex what kind of condoms do I use to avoid the above problems.
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have problem of paining in periods. 5 days of periods you can't go out of pain because of so much of stress and pain.
Having soybean is good r bad for health. When trying to conceive. If there is no cervical fluid 1 week before periods do I have chances of getting pregnant my endometrium was 0.98 cm on my 17th day.
I have been taking birth control (crisanta) to cure my cyst this is my 1st pack which is about get over in 2 days. I had sex today and my guy finished inside me. Is it okay to stop taking my pills in 2 days. I don't wanna risk pregnancy.
Look after your hair this Holi in these 3 effective ways
Holi is the ever exuberant festival of colors where everyone indulges in fun and frolic. Traditionally played with natural colors derived from flowers, Holi is now celebrated with harmful, toxic and inorganic colors that can really leave you with ruined hair and skin post celebration. These colors comprise of dyes, chemicals, glass powder and metals such as mica - all of which have extremely harmful effects on your skin and hair.
The colors used during Holi can cause your hair to become dull and brittle and may even induce a condition known as acute irritant contact dermatitis, which causes redness, irritation and burning of the scalp area.
Follow these tips to take care of your hair and scalp as you enjoy the festival.
1.Oil your hair
Apply oil to your hair about an hour before you play Holi to maximize the penetration of the oil into the scalp. Oil prevents the color from settling down into your hair, thus, making it easier to remove later on. It also acts as a shield by providing protection from chemicals and dirt, and can help in preventing your hair from becoming dry and frizzy due to prolonged exposure to colors and the sun.
2.Cover your tresses
Tie your hair up in a bun or ponytail to minimize its contact with harmful colors. If possible, cover your hair with a scarf or shower cap to protect it from the damage.
3.Wash your hair the right way
Thoroughly rinse your hair with plain water to get rid of dirt, dry colors, chemicals and the mica particles contained in it. After that, apply a mild shampoo on your hair, gently massaging your hair and scalp and leave it in for about 10 minutes. This will help in extracting and dissolving all the dust and colors stuck to your hair and scalp. Rinse out the shampoo and apply a rich conditioner to replenish the oil and moisture that have been stripped away by the chemicals. If your hair is still dry and lifeless, oil it overnight after Holi, as well. Applying hair masks is also a good idea to help your mane regain its former glory.