Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Dominic.F.D Silva

Orthopedist, Mumbai

Dr. Dominic.F.D Silva Orthopedist, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Dominic.F.D Silva
Dr. Dominic.F.D Silva is one of the best Orthopedists in Bandra West, Mumbai. You can visit him at Dr. Dominic.F.D Silva@Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre in Bandra West, Mumbai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Dominic.F.D Silva on

Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre

#A - 791, Bandra Reclamation Landmark : Opposite Mumbai Educational TrustMumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Dominic.F.D Silva

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Muscle Dystrophy - How Ayurvedic Remedies Can Help in Curing it?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Chitiradurga
Muscle Dystrophy - How Ayurvedic Remedies Can Help in Curing it?

Muscular dystrophy is a rare disorder which results in the atrophy or degeneration of muscles. This happens as the proteins required by the body to build and maintain muscles are not produced within the body in a normal manner. Muscular dystrophy mostly affects boys and develops in early adolescence although it can affect people much younger or much later in life. Ayurveda has some great treatments which can allay the symptoms and provide relief to patients afflicted with this disease.

Treatment for Muscle dystrophy in Ayurveda
With a degenerative disease like Muscle dystrophy, simple medication won’t be able to cure or relieve symptoms. Even with conventional medicines muscle dystrophy can’t be cured, but the symptoms can be reduced. Ayurveda takes a holistic approach to correcting the problems which include oral medications, food as well as exercises in the form of yoga.


Herbs are a great way to put certain minerals within the body, which can help lessen the pain and symptoms. Some of the herbs which have been known to be effective in reducing pain and also helping with movement and day to day activities may include:

  1. Triphala
  2. Mansrohini
  3. Nirgundi
  4. Guduchi
  5. Ashwagandha and many others

However, there are no medications in readymade proportions which are specifically designed and prescribed according to the diagnosis of the patient. It also needs to be complemented with a proper diet also known as Mamsagni Rasayana.

Diet or Mamsagni Rasayana

This is a very tailored diet and supplement approach to create and put the required nutrients which will slow down the decay of muscles within the body and will also help build new muscle to slow down decay. These will include extracts from herbs which will be made into chemicals and then used to make dietary supplements.

Yoga and specialized physiotherapy exercises

Yogic postures combined with certain walking and standing postures performed over time can also help reduce the symptoms and lessen the rate of decay. Some of the exercises that are helpful for various activities are:

  1. Standing and movements: Padahastasana, Tad asana, Trikonasana, Vakrasana
  2. Sitting: Paschimottanasa, Vakrasana, Shashankasana
  3. To help with breathing: Ardha Shalabhasana, Pranayama, Bhramri Pranayama

If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.

5574 people found this helpful

Hello Doc, My age is 24 and weight is 75. Due to my overweight body I get pain in my joints and I get tired often after 1 hour of work or so. I was very active before some months but nowadays I feel fatigue. Also my sugar level has gone significantly up. Today without eating anything it came around 150. What to do.

MBBS, CCEBDM, Diploma in Diabetology
Endocrinologist, Hubli-Dharwad
It appears that you have t2 diabetes, which needs regular treatment. From your info it is not clear if you are taking any treatment now. Your bmi is 29.29kgs /m2 which means your excessively overweight. Increased weight also increases blood sugar level as fat in the body opposes insulin action (insulin resistance). If you are not on antidiabetic treatment then please start taking anti diabetic drugs immediately. Apart from treatment you also have to work towards reducing the weight. Your ideal body weight should be 54 kgs. Which means you have 21 kgs extra. Please take all necessary action right away.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I am 31 years age male & having numbness & tingling problem in hands & legs when in folded condition & sometimes in idol condition also from last 6 months. Kindly guide me

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am dr akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. I want to know your detailed clinical history, your relevant investigations, your treatment records till now. It helps me to better understand your condition and prescribe accordingly. Please also mention your co-morbid conditions and drug allergy. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thanks & regards dr akshay kumar saxena consultant orthopaedics fortis hospital, new delhi
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having problem in my knees whenever I sit or lay down they get jam and its like they are paining daily.

Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietitian (RD), PGDD, Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (B.U.M.S), General Physician
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
Your daily habits or age may be the root of your knee problems. Some common home care techniques for knee pain that control inflammation and help to break the inflammatory cycle are protection, rest, ice, compression, and elevation, glucosamine supplement also may help. It requires a detailed treatment plan.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My finger was dislocated past 2 years and now it is getting pain up to my elbow. What should I do?

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Homoeopathic mediccine HYPERICUM 1X ( Wilmar schwabe india) Chew 1 tab 3 tiime daily or 30 days and report me thereafter
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 41 years old male I have joint pains for last 10 year any where not certain point in weekly one or two time I take pain killer etody 60,(etroricoxb i. P 60mg) when pain.

Physiotherapist, Mumbai
Hi 1) protect the joint with a brace or wrap. 2) rest the joint, avoiding any activities that cause you pain. 3) ice the joint for about 15 minutes, several times each day. 4) compress the joint using an elastic wrap. 5) elevate the joint above the level of your heart. 6) if you are overweight do exercise like swimming or cycling to reduce weight. Still you don't get relief consult me via lybrate as further investigation may be needed.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My legs pain a lot when I walk. I don't walk a lot. But it happens every time. what should I do?

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi Thanks for your query and Welcome to Lybrate. I am Dr Akshay from Fortis Hospital, New Delhi. Actually pain at calf/Leg region can be due to many reasons , commonly it is muscular in nature but it can also be due to Tendons, Nerves, Blood vessels etc. My advise to you for initial 2-3 weeks will be : - Ice packs application intensively with elevation of your limbs at night - Take a short course of anti-inflammatory medication as per your body's suitability - Stop your physical activity till pain completely subsides - Intensive physical therapy, training and proper muscle conditioning once pain has subsided - Slow resumption of physical activities with proper pre activity warm up and stretching of muscles and short increments in duration of physical activity each day as per pain tolerance. - We will get some blood tests for you - Serum Vitamin D and serum Potassium levels, ESR and CRP Once you have all these reports then you can contact me as i can advise you for proper supplementation Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation. Thanks & Regards Dr Akshay Kumar Saxena Consultant Orthopaedics Fortis Hospital, New Delhi
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hii sir, I working as cashier in sbh, usually I play cricket every day in d evenings, for last 3 months I have been suffering from ankle pain in my legs when ever I ran. I didn't consult any doctor up to now, please suggest me what to do to get rid of pain.

General Physician, Delhi
There may be many reasons for such sports/activity related pain: 1. Extra body weight 2. Running on concrete surface 3. Injury to ligaments. 4. Not following proper warming up and limping down I would suggest to reduce 2 - 3 kgs of body weight. Avoid playing on concrete surface and use good quality shoes. Always do proper warm ups and do limping down after the session. If it is due to any memorable injury I would suggest to use crepe bandage and avoid putting too much strain on that ankle again.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My right hand was paining since last 3days. Is it the indication for stroke. Please tell me the symptoms of stroke.

MD - Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Patna
It is not a symptom of stroke. In stroke, there is sudden loss of muscle power and/or loss of sensation to a part of body/ half of the body. The person may become unable to move the affected limb/side and he doesn't feel touch/pain/temperature sensations.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is suffering from joint and muscle pain. what should i do ? please advice

Homeopath, Delhi
Hello,take homoeopathic medicines 1.Rhus Tox 30 (4 drops in little water) thrice a day for a week. 2.Haemocal (SBL) (3 tabs) twice a day for a week and update.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have got injured during football match. My right side ribs got severe pain. I felt down during match by hand. What will be the reason behind the pain and what will I do to recover my pain.

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
It might be of muscle strain or of pathological reasons do consult Sports medicine rehab Specialist or orthopaedicIan and take appropriate Therapy best wishes
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Whenever I get drunk, I got itchy bumps whole over my body and its become intolerable to control itching. Also the next morning when I wake up after getting drunk I feel pain in my hands finger tips for that whole day only. What is happening?

D.A.M.S( A. M.), D.AC/B.E.M.S
Acupressurist, Mumbai
You should take Acupressure therapy and take Biochemic Nat phos 200x, 4 tab each thrice a day with warm water and take it 5 days than consult private online.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 years old girl, I don't know what is happening with me because my left leg is swelling n very pain in it n my whole body is getting swell n pain and day by day my fat in body is fast happening. I am gone through hemoglobin and thyroid but both r normal. Phir bhi body fat ho rhi hai n all my dress are tight. And belly fat is gaining. I don't want to do dieting but want to know what is problem in my body. Is there any other problem that's why body is gaining and uljhan bhi hoti hai.

Homeopath, Delhi
It may be due to imbalance and lack of proper diet. Avoid taking carbohydrates. Take protein diet. Drink plenty of fluids . must do exercise in morning atleast for one hour regularly. Get check your blood pressure and get and ultrasound of whole abdomen.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

MY Friend is experiencing constant pain in her right shoulder and neck region. We have tried the Volini spray for relief but the pain keeps coming back. Please suggest something for immediate relief. Thanks.

Physiotherapist, Delhi
-u had not mentioned how pain started and whats aggrevating his condition. Go for contrast bath fir 2 3 times daily × 5 days followed by voilini. Precautions: 1 avoid lifting weight 2 avoid jerky mov 3 avoid bending of neck 4 maintain erect posture, if using bike avoid it. If pain still persist call physio for us, ift, execises to strengthen muscles.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23year male having pain in left leg joint since 2 days. Having pain in walking.

Homeopath, Solan
Hi, please take homeopathic medicine bryo 200 5 drops in few luke water once a day and report back after with feedback.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have back pain in right side of backbone mainly during eating .I am suffering from. Last 5 day .Due to this I couldn't eat properly .Day by day the level of pain is increasing.

Physiotherapist, Noida
twice daily. Avoid bending in front. Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall. Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily. Apply Hot Fomentation
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am overweight 117 kg with 5 feet 11 inches 39 years also patient of ankylosing spondylitis exercise don't help me too much I am on biological injections suggest me how to reduce weight.

MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Noida
Tk diet plan. Do physiotherapy treatment for mobility. Do spine stretching exercises with shoulder. Avoid toward bending if possible. Avoid strain in any condition. Tk calcium supplement.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother has suffering from diabetes last 22 years and now she is very weak, back pain, eye problem and joint pain. Before 5 days her sugar fasting is 408. And pps is 430 and also urine infection. So, I request to you please say what can I do.

BAMS, MD Panchkarma
Ayurveda, Raichur
Hello. Your mother need regular anti diabetic medicines. Pls mention know which medication she is taking. Once sugar levels become normal, she vll b ok.
3 people found this helpful
View All Feed